Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Top DPS 2hander Doppel Swordsman Build

Updated build [5/31/16]

• Added Highlander pathway

• Some skill tweaking and explanations

• More info added

It’s pretty funny to see level 285 bosses with 458 defense while a few level 210 ~ 280 ones have more lol (500 ~ 789).

I feel like those lvl 285 ones are just placeholders. Though the good thing is that those lvl 280- ones have literally no crit resist.

On the other hand, a small 500 ~ 800 damage increase is pretty small at level 280… For single hit skills. Still, a damage increase is a damage increase.

Slight modification to your Highlander build…

To make leveling easier, go Highlander C3 then take Peltasta at rank 5. You won’t need peltasta till higher level dungeons anyway, nor for grinding mobs till grind starts in the 160s.

Slight modification to your Highlander build…

To make leveling easier, go Highlander C3 then take Peltasta at rank 5. You won’t need peltasta till higher level dungeons anyway, nor for grinding mobs till grind starts in the 160s.

Yes that slightly makes sense. But I enjoy having pelt for dungeons asap so 50’s,90’s,115,130,145,etc is being missed out if you go highlander right off the bat.

Actually only the 50, 90, and 115 are missed. You get Pelt shortly after that.

50 doesn’t need pelt because players at that level aren’t clearing dungeons any faster than they already can. 90 isn’t needed either since it’s mostly rushers and you can take out mobs almost as fast as autogrouping them. 115 is nice to have a pelt for but not required at all. You can benefit from Skull Swing instead for this dungeon.

Your help is needed here > *** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

The 99% severely need taught how to play their class correctly as they took Keyboard warrior at rank 5 & have failed ever since :frowning:

no dex ? so it’s just an pve build
you can’t do anything against archer if you have lower than 200 dex

also without restraint or hook you are also an dead meat in pvp

It helps everyone else in your group, though. It’s a nice boost to archers

Can someone breakdown the pros and cons of HL3 vs barb3?

HL3 focuses more on skillspamming whereas barb DOES have some skill spam but also has buffs (frenzy, warcry) for good auto attack bonuses.

Hello,

So for endgame, they are “equal” ? Or one just slightly strong than the other one ?

And for weapon, both use 2h Sword ?

Of course, endgame you’d most likely want to aim for 2hander swords. However you also need 1hander sword + shield too because of peltasta and swapping back and forth to swashbuckle the mobs…

By 280 how much base con should a pure str doppel aim for? 50 or 100?

50-60 is ok if you alway party with cleric (even 30 is fine)

100 con is for safety when you solo or using DOV

after reading this part i stopped already,

giving no importance to DEX. this is just amazingly wow i forgot i was playing ToS already.

mobs gonna rekt this guy so hard not even 250CON would save you. specially spell caster mobs that deals 1.2-1.6k per atk.

oh wait. i forgot this is a ‘theoretical build’

mybad.

Thanks a lot for the guide, well-written and informative. It was a pleasant read.

Legit question. How viable endgame (pvm only) are these builds, compared to stuff like Fletcher 3/Scout 3 for example? You mentioned that the Peltasta 1 makes it viable for 280+, but do you deal any actual damage on high levels?

Also, how is barb compared to highlander? I wouldn’t really mind the slow leveling on either of the two, what I am concerned about is the endgame. I hear barb used to be awesome when the cap was 100-ish, but now he seems to be almost a running joke…

Of course Con doesn’t save people
Con isn’t a saving stat. Outside of passive/active block rate it provides no defense, its just flat health that you look for when you can’t survive a hit.
Outside of that all your real sustainability comes from the Cleric.

Not like dex will save your ass again magic so what’s the point of your post?

You do realized that you CANT dodge again magic attack right?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

you are right, but wait, it says " TOP 2HS DOPPEL SWORDSMAN BUILD"

if we want a meat shield, that isn’t 2HS, we might be on the wrong section.

like how ‘TOP’ korean swordie build gets fvked from recent patch and everyone gets to re-roll C3 cata to dragoon.

TOP builds as always.