Tree of Savior Forum

Ktos swordsman dps buff

Swordsman prayers answered? Now I’m just waiting when and if we’re getting this here in i-TOS :sweat_smile:

[Swordsman Classes in General]
- Whilst sprinting, you now also gain a 30% Resistance to negative status ailments.
- The Attack Power gained from the STR stat will be increased by 30%

[Highlander]
- Skyliner: Skills animation time has been decreased, and can also now be canceled.

[Barbarian]
- Pouncing: Skills hit range has been increased, Damage will also apply a little bit faster.

All info here: http://pastebin.com/N6WPwFYt

3 Likes

Not much help to those Fencer and Peltasta>Rodelero tank build
but overall a good start for Swordsman class

2 Likes

are fencer the weakest build for us swordsmen? or they exceel in sustain dps, overall has better dmg than nukers/spike dmg classes

I don’t think they are the weakest, they can do nice damage. Combined with Peltasta, they exploit their main trait: Dodging. It’s a dodge tank, basically, with a very decent DPS skillset. My bet now is on the C3, I hope they can expand their utility and maybe include some counter-measure against magic attacks, which is the main problem of almost any tank in general.

It also depends on what circles you had prior to that. In my case, I have Barbarian. These buffs are a blessing because of that. The main problem with Fencer, as far as I noticed, is the lackluster AoE capabilities. Barbarian tends to balance that with all their AoE skills and CC (Seism + Helm Chopper). Fencer also consumes a looooooooooooot of TP. Being able to mantain stacks for longer, along with Warcry, Pounce becoming stronger even, makes you save way more TP, as your attacks are now more destructive.

Needless to say, It always falls behind (like any other swordy) compared to either archers or wizards, but Fencer does it alright. It’s a huge gear check, though. I had to buy a Venier and a Karacha in order to exploit its potential. Fencer is also a skillcheck class, you need to combo all the skills in a given way to exploit their efficiency.

it is a weird situation, as tank you would have to walk the path of CON and DEX, which give you good block rate and decent dodge rate,
and to maximize the tanking capability Peltasta>Rodelero with no STR and low DEX added, the DPS will be low, while Magic mob/boss will still nuke the fencer out

as DPS, it is weird too, it equip an unique mainhand, with mainly Pierce, 1 strike and 1 slash skills, either go with highlander or barbarian, which give a lot of skill to spam and AOE, yet i feel both highlander and barbarian are made for Doppelsoeldner

or the uncommon, unusual path which i took with hoplite, for the Spear Lunge, yet, it require weapon swap and giving up the unique skill Finestra
and Hoplite feel like for Dragoon build

unlike Archer and Wizard class, their DPS build full of useful Class Attributes, yet Fencer seem to be lacking in this way