Tree of Savior Forum

KToS patch - Barbarian and Rodelero buffs - discussion

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4dpbyj/ktos_update_note_released/

Credits to @Cathexis

kTOS Barbarian Changes

•War Cry◦Cooldown decreased to 50 seconds (down from 82 seconds).

•Frenzy◦Cooldown decreased to 70 seconds (down from 90 seconds).

•Cleave◦Cooldown decreased to 16 seconds (down from 21 seconds).
◦Overheat increase to 3 (up from 2)

•Helm Chopper◦Cooldown decreased to 20 seconds (down from 24 seconds).
◦Stun chance increased (unsure amount).

•Seism◦Cooldown decreased to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).
◦Stun chance increased (unsure amount).

kTOS Rodelero Changes

•Targe Smash◦Cooldown decreased to 22 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
◦Blind chance increased (unsure amount)

•Montano◦Cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds).

•Shield Shoving◦Base Damage increased to 242 (up from 172)
◦Damage increase per level increased to 66 (up from 52)

•Shield Bash◦Base Damage increased to 462 (up from 372)
◦Damage increase per level increased to 92 (up from 76).

•Slithering◦Cooldown decreased to 20 seconds (down from 28 seconds).

•Shooting Star◦Cooldown decreased to 25 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
◦Base Damage increased to 412 (up from 300).
◦Damage increase per level increased to 57 (up from 23).
◦Damage Type changed to Strike (from Slash).

•High Kick◦Cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds).

kTOS Cataphract Changes

•Rush◦Base Damage increased to 376 (up from 341)
◦Damage increase per level increased to 85 (up from 73).

Personal opinion:

Barbarian buffs having their cooldown decreased is a welcome change, the uptime is certainly longer now. Skill cooldown decrease makes it a heavy skill spamming class, so it’s going to use up a lot of SP very fast. Skill rotations would be to stack frenzy first then spam max level skills for damage.

Rodelero buffs are a much needed change, all c1-c2 Shield skills apart from shield charge now do between 1000-1500 damage so it’s a matter of selecting which debuffs you want to have, then maxing that skill, instead of maxing targe strike because it dealt the most damage. However, overall damage from c1-c2 doesn’t increase much because only the other skills are brought up to Targe Smash’s level.

Slithering’s cooldown decreasing to 20 seconds with a duration of 10 seconds allows you to have magic immunity half the time. Shooting star at max level works out to be 2560, which is a huge improvement, plus it is strike damage now so it can benefit from High Kick too. This single buff increases Rodelero damage ouput by a lot.

Finally, High Kick allows double damage on all of these skills (except Montano) so Rodelero can now finally do decent damage at rank 6. However, the major drawback is that Rodelero uses a 1H weapon so it will never do as much damage as a 2H sword Doppel c2 or 2H spear Dragoon. It will compete very closely to Fencer c2 though, hard to tell which one does more damage at this stage.

5 Likes

looks like me going the barb route wasn’t a bad idea after all

Barbarian’s overheat 3 times is a huge buff to its damage output.
The skill cooldown decreases also buff damage output as well, you can spam it more often now.

The thing about Barbarians is, people are too focused on Frenzy and Warcry when the damage is mainly coming from Helm Chopper / Cleave / Seism usage. There is enough overheat on these 3 skills for you to constantly rotate between them instead of doing auto-attacks if you carry SP pots.

Yeah, I plan on stopping at barb 2 only because I want seism, people will hate me for it but meh

I already had my sights set on rod3 and this patch will make things well worth it for me.

Helm chopper to me loses out on the skill rotation once you get to rank 6-7. Because of that I’m not maxing it and leaving it for the utility. Cleave I need to max on the other hand.

1 Like

+1
Helm Chopper lv1 to use it only when Seism doesnt stun in Seism>Cleave>Cyclone (for doppel)>… rotation.

I wonder how much is the «increased stun chance».

Would like to bump this and talk more about Rodelero, as I have a strong interest in going Rod c3.

Im going rod3. Pelt3 rod3 actually. It’s not optimal dps by any means but it can still dish out high damage and you have good tanking abilities. It’s the only 1 hand sword shield build that makes sense to me, it’s just that 1 hand swords are generally not optimal at all compared to what you can do with other melee weapons for swordie. .

Pelt3 has umbo thrust, 2 charges of 15armor break with 25 sec cd. Big boost to yours, other swordies, archers, and some clerics dps. Paired with a memelander3 or another pelt3 (like me), 100% armor break uptime is possible.

Rod3 has high kick. High Kick and slithering + attribute both boosts strike dmg + 100%. At this point, you will have an abundance of strike skills from rod3 and other sword classes to tAkers advantage of these boosts. This also helps out any other players who have strike dmg.

I plan on using these skills to boost mine and other people’s dmg.

1 Like

Add doppel to a 1H sword + shield build (heck, add doppel to ANY build) and u have damage

For those wondering about the changes:

###kTOS Barbarian Changes

• War Cry
  • Cooldown decreased to 50 seconds (down from 82 seconds).
  • Frenzy
  • Cooldown decreased to 70 seconds (down from 90 seconds).
  • Cleave
  • Cooldown decreased to 16 seconds (down from 21 seconds).
  • Overheat increase to 3 (up from 2)
  • Helm Chopper
  • Cooldown decreased to 20 seconds (down from 24 seconds).
  • Stun chance increased (unsure amount).
  • Seism
  • Cooldown decreased to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).
  • Stun chance increased (unsure amount).

###kTOS Rodelero Changes

• Targe Smash
  • Cooldown decreased to 22 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
  • Blind chance increased (unsure amount)
  • Montano
  • Cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
  • Shield Shoving
  • Base Damage increased to 242 (up from 172)
  • Damage increase per level increased to 66 (up from 52)
  • Shield Bash
  • Base Damage increased to 462 (up from 372)
  • Damage increase per level increased to 92 (up from 76).
  • Slithering
  • Cooldown decreased to 20 seconds (down from 28 seconds).
  • Shooting Star
  • Cooldown decreased to 25 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
  • Base Damage increased to 412 (up from 300).
  • Damage increase per level increased to 57 (up from 23).
  • Damage Type changed to Strike (from Slash).
  • High Kick
  • Cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds).

###kTOS Cataphract Changes

• Rush
  • Base Damage increased to 376 (up from 341)
  • Damage increase per level increased to 85 (up from 73).
5 Likes

Awesome thanks Cathexis, i’ll fix it when i get home.

Shooting star is actually decent now, along with the other shield skills.

Barbarians are now a super skill spamming class, they will be very short on SP fast in a fight

damn those are some sweet changes, making me think to go barb 3 instead of another corsair. but then again corsair also got a mini buff, hoping they change how pistol shot works too

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think Cleave was the biggest buff though - 3 overheat charges + cooldown reduction (16 seconds only) = huge burst damage

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In conjunction with a stun skill, it does 3 times the normal damage before crits. Is it really that bad at later levels?

Level 5 Butterfly from Peltasta does as much damage as level 6 cleave against a stunned target without having to rely on the whole stunning thing, meaning it works on bosses and elites.

1 Like

Hey guys sorry for being a noob here, what is Overheat?

Overheat is when you can use the skill more than once before it goes on CD.