Tree of Savior Forum

Reports from kToS indicate Alchemists suck, any plans for improvement for the international version?

You know they actually do in real life too …
If you are to expensive or there are to many other companies that you have to fight with sooner or later many small companies will die out !
And when there is only a small group remaining the prices can get “normal” again.

1 Like

Plz, refrain from commenting if you didn’t play iCBT or kTOS.
Lots of people on this forum (sorry to drop it on you) are talking without having any TOS experience.
As far as I know (maybe they changed the requirement in kTOS), boting has nothing to do with the potions prices.

Not really.
It’s as easy to lvl up to Alche R6j5 as it would be to any other class, since you’ll have to use your former classes skills.
About Alche R7C2… Well you’ll only lack R6 skills… Nothing too problematic if you ask me.
And it’s one of the good things with the TOS class system. Merchant lvling in RO was fukin annoying…

By the way, you don’t need many alchemists to plummet the prices… Only two or three dumbass who are brewing overnight… The rest will follow. (iCBT2 population)

I know. It’s sad, right ?

On the 1 hand I am happy. I’ve been wanting this since experiencing it on Sangreal RO with their “@vend” function (it is basically what ToS merchants do: 1 vendor and 1 alt active at the same time in 1 account). It opens up so many possibilities.

On the other hand I am sad. The direction basically neuters any merchant “ness”.

Over all I would say it’s a step forward. In the future I imagine being able to register your toons as “npc’s” when you log out.

Registered clerics become heal stations placed near goddess statues. The more clerics register the stronger the heals per silver.

I dunno what to do with the other classes.

But back to topic.

The demand for alche pots is still high thou right? I’m still hopeful with what @fitzfeliz said about the buff potions. Right now it’s just hp and sp. So here’s to hoping.

if they cant profit on making potions there is other options for them. Gem Roasting, Briquetting and Awakening Attempts are 3 I can think of. and even if you cant profit off potions or these they are extremely useful to have. maybe a lot of people make alchemist because the RO alchemist could make some decent money making pots. I would not be suprsied if the other crafting classes eventually will go down the same path * Arrow Fletcher is kind of limited, Squire I imagine is the 2nd most popular and over populated with repair services and the same with buff services. what they need is more alchemist options you can AFK with *I heard only Gem Roasting you can AFK with maybe Awakening and Briquetting Services would work here too similar to how squire can open 3 different types of repair shops

1 Like

Too much jokes. I can’t.

edit :
Let’s take an item : Elder Rod
Here is old awakening : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHc7Jc1J8M
New awakening spreadsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ry-wk544z3NJ0RGjAUKzE_3BADKUzb3Us6JdlB73vAg/edit#gid=0
How low are the odd to have something worth the hassle ? I don’t know but it seems very low (way way under 50%).

[quote=“Tsuyucchi”]White rarity : 7 waves
Blue rarity : 15 waves
Purple rarity : 22 waves
Orange rarity : 30 waves[/quote]

Now Briquetting. Let’s assume Briquetting lvl 10.
Change odds : -9.5%~9.5% (100%) => 0%~9.5% (50%) => 4.75%~9.5% (25%)
It means that we have a 50% odd of expecting a 4.75% median increase ((9.5+0)/2/100).
On the Elder Rod, it’s a 167*4.75=~7.93 increase.

Now let’s go back to our Elder Rod :smiley:
Awakening or Briquetting require 1 potential, so we’ll assume that we can afford 1 potential for the Blacksmith upgrade.
From +10 to +15, and 1 potential you have (51/100+495151/100^3)=~63% odd of increasing the attack by 14.

So basically, for a weapon between +10 and +15 : Blacksmith >> Briquetting (lvl 10) or Item Awakening (lvl 5)
Maybe Briquetting and Item Awakenign are more interesting for weapons >+15, but it’s not like we’re maxing weapons in this game…
And tell me how Alchemists that have trouble (cause too much offer) making profit on high demand items like potions, would make profit on very low demand services like Briquetting/Awakening ?

Blacksmith bonus : I heard rumors that >+15 items have a nice glow effect.
Awakening malus : Have you watched the full video ? Item dungeon is suffering ~~

@Chili
Come here, telling me how clever I am :stuck_out_tongue:

edit :
[s]Okay, let’s go back to Awakening. We’ll keep this separated since the odds are more complicated.
We’ll assume that every stat as the same odd of being buffed and that all the stats are available.
What do we have ?
There is a total of ~50 stats.

• 5 main stats, 2 of theses are interesting for your class, 1 is ok, 2 are not good. 2+1/2+2*0=2.5
  • 7 elements, you want the bonus dmg, you don’t want the def. 71+70=7
  • 4 increased dmg/armor type, passable. 4*1/4=1
  • 5 increased dmg/race, again passable. (do players have a race ?) 5*1/5=1
  • 3 increased dmg/size, 1 not too bad (player size, if they have one), 2 passable. 11/2+21/3=0.83
  • 6 increased m-hp/sp/sta-regen, you don’t want them. 6*0=0
  • 4 increased m-atk/def, you want 3 of theses (def, mdef, and m-atk). 3*1+0=3
  • All the crit/block/mamp/etc (9) things, you may want some of theses, depending on your build. 9*1/2=4.5
    Total : 19.83/50=39.7% odd of having a “nice” buff.[/s]

You may wonder what is all of this cuisine…

Now you know why I wasn’t bothering :smiley: Comparing a very random skill like Awakening to more predictable ones like Briquetting or usual upgrading requires a lot of approximations.
Example : the dmg/armor type. If you obtain the “increased dmg against ghost buff”, it will only work against ghost types. It’s one of the 4 types, so I decided that it was only worth one fourth of an upgrade. Hence the differents weights applied.

How does it compare to the other upgrades ? We assume that every buff is equivalent (which is favouring Awakening since +10-20 atk seems way more interesting than +4-8 elemental dmg, for example) and only compare the attack.
For the Elder Rod, we have 39.7% odd of having a “nice buff”, which is represented by the “+10-20 atk bonus” for 5 stars grade 1 item. It’s 39.7% odd of having a ~15 median increase. Seems better than briquetting.
Now Awakening has a nice 1.4x bonus applied to two handed weapons, which give us 39.7% odd of having a ~21 median increase.

If we normalize everything :
1463=882 (Blacksmith) > 39.721=834 (2h Awakening) > 39.715=595.5 (other Awakening) > 507.93=396.5 (Briquetting lvl10)
That’s assuming that you’re okay with increasing other stats than atk.

Conclusion :

• Briquetting is still utter sh*t
  • Blacksmith is clear winner
  • Item Awakening can be interesting if you’d rather have a random stat increased than atk, at the risk of having a lower increase.
  • I didn’t talk about it, but Awakening may be interesting for defensive gear enhancement. Still… Awakening is a hassle. Only very serious players will be interested in this.
2 Likes

Aaaaand HOW are they doing it? Because i think you are wrong.
The most any game did in this regard was to introduce a minimum prince below which you cant sell. Then everyone kept undercutting till the barrier was hit, and prices stopped mattering.

Furthermore: your example suggests that alchemists are in it only for the profit.
What if i told you that they arent? There is still personal use, guild use, friend use. Why would i buy anything from the market or anyone when i can produce stuff for myself? Self-sufficient is they keyword.

3 Likes

HERE’S TO REALIZING THAT MY GREEK IS RUSTY INDEED. :L pfft

also I don’t really care what other people think of Alchemist.
I love the class :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I knew that your Greek would be rusty :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s all the clues that I’ll give you :smiley:

ofc. I wasn’t born on Greece, you see? :joy:

Oh boi. I wasn’t looking. I’m sorry. Hello, Omega.

nobody insults my Dulces =_= I will never forgive you. this is very random tho. YES VERY RANDOM LIKE I SAID. HAHA

EDIT: OH IT’S THAT POTION UNDERCUTTING DILEMMA. /i just followed up

Yes. Ome. I can see it now. Yes, I agree with everything you just said.

Hello :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I said anything offensive to Dulces ? :o

1 Like

look up.

And yeah. I completely agree. Briquetting suks balls right now. hahaha it seriously needs a rework, there’s NO way I am going to earn profit from a mechanic as silly as that. Until briquetting gets a rework, it’s not a very good source for profit.

and the last I’ve heard about item awakening is that the stats are somewhat random now? which makes the demand for it situational (buut better to have + stats than not yeah?) So I can’t say the reaction for sure, since it was definitely a hit last beta :yum:

1 Like

those skill wont make as much profit whe the number of alchemists increase.
There is a way to make lots of mony with alçchemists that wasnt listed in this thread… :wink:

I posted it on another thread here on the forum (its on one of my comments), lets see who will find it. the gem roasting and awekening are tools for the real money making not the way. :yum:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Good, good. I plan to rush alche with a friend so our little circle of friends has the advantage of more efficient pots when they join in the f2p release. I’m glad I can still make a little somthin somthin on the side while I’m on the main.

Real quick: wiz3-pyro2-alche2 ok?

That already exists. Total cost of mats. Any lower and you’re giving money away.

Item awakening isn’t going to make you as much “money” as you think it will. Gem Roasting even less. Since you will see tons of AFK Gem Roasters in town.

CBT was a lesson, learn from it.

2 Likes