Tree of Savior Forum

Reports from kToS indicate Alchemists suck, any plans for improvement for the international version?

Thats what I said, you wont make profit from them, you use them to make profit, theyre a part of a proccess I wont botter to explain because I have explained on another topic.

You donā€™t make profit from them, you use them to make profit? That makes zero sense.

Profitting off them means you are using them. Not profitting means you arenā€™t using them. You are just mincing words.

Regardless, neither direction makes you money. Not any more than the time/money you spent in awakening/AFK Roasting compared to grinding.

2 Likes

This is a bit of a far reach suggestion for the game devs, but what about a system that supports player-run crafting guilds/unions? As in, how they might work in real life (somewhat).

This way, there could be a sort of artificial price control. There has to be some sort of advantage to being in the ā€œunionā€, or disadvantage for not being in it. Affiliated alchemists decide on a price range and anyone who doesnā€™t follow suit loses the benefits of being in the group. This way, players canā€™t or are heavily dissuaded from undercutting each other. Itā€™s a restraint on player freedom, yes, but hence why itā€™s player controlled, so itā€™s fluid and keeps itself in pace with the economy. An in-game census of all the alchemists on a server can exist as well to help players make decisions on pricing.

This is a very skin-and-bones idea though HAHA. A huge issue is balancing the advantages and disadvantages of being in a ā€œunionā€ so that most players opt to join it. The second issue is that you obviously canā€™t control who can be an alchemist and who canā€™t, so thereā€™s virtually no limit on the amount of possible alchemists which can really damage the overall profit of the group. People will more or less end up relying on location and timing to make sales.

But while itā€™s true that thereā€™s nothing you can realistically do to curb the amount of alchemists and thus the oversupply of sellable potions (UNLESS class cap is implemented), I also donā€™t think massive price fluctuations should just be left unchecked. A game is bound by rules, another mechanic to keep these fluctuations in check or at least slow them down isnā€™t unreasonable imo.

1 Like

I wish it was as simple as that T U T;;;

Iā€™ve attempted this with 0mega and several other Alchemists back in CBT2, and while we agreed on listing our Potions for the same price, there will always be that one bastard Alchemist out there who just wants to watch the world burnā€¦

||orz

Oh yeah, there could be a sort of majority rule here. The majority vote sets the prices, then the advantage/disadvantage thing comes into play. This is a coded-in mechanic, if that isnā€™t super clear. For instance, if a player is not a part of the ā€œunionā€, their potions are weaker. Even if itā€™s by a small margin, nobody wants to buy weaker potions, and their effectiveness in influencing prices is more or less ruled out.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s such a far fetched suggestion though HAHA theyā€™d have to implement a whole new, weird system and it severly restricts the classā€™s freedom in terms of individual choice. Youā€™re more or less forced into the ā€œunionā€ and thereā€™s virtually no difference between different alchemists as a result. Causes a lot of trouble for both devs and players in the name of making a single class unobselete.

It became impossible at the end of beta, as the Market was littered with potions nobody would buy. So the price just kept falling. Due to new rising Alchemists, and falling player-base.

The same will happen in OBT, eventually.

1 Like

I for one welcome it. Hoping to get really cheap pots by the time I start playing in april :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem here is , when competition is way too high irl to make a profit people drop the job and become something different. The only way to drop your alchemist in ToS would be deleting it and noone in their right minds is going to do that. Better stuff that is a lot harder ( making it rarier) to make needs to be created and the mat for that shouldnt come through the alchemist itself. ToS should be a Web not a Flower.

Someone didnā€™t apply the offer/demand law from beginning to end :smiley:

But if we start on this slopeā€¦
Well we canā€™t realistically expect ToS to be a business simulatorā€¦

I know this is a shot in the dark but I was confused why pardoner and squire make money and alchemist doesnā€™t.

Isnā€™t it because they vend their services instead of putting them on the market?

Soā€¦ wouldnā€™t it make sense just to have alchemist vendors selling different types of potions? At least this way they donā€™t suffer from tax. Itā€™s not like Alchemist have a choice in being taxed.

1 Like

Squires are now taxed, while they repair, so it makes litle difference using the market.

There is no way to directly control prices on market (setting minimum price or affecting it with taxes achieves nothing) as well there is no way to control demand.

As i see it it is possible to indirectly affect supply of those potions:

1. Remove crafting materials from alchemist NPC - those have to be gathered in field. Period. That would liven up market for crafting materials. Prices of crafted potions will fluctuate depending on reagent prices and alchemists will have to think about price for their time gathering those mats personally so undercutting on market will only devalue their own time.

2. Have crafting potions consume some SP per potion crafted and halt natural SP regen during crafting process. That would limit the amount of potions one can craft in one batch. Active alchemists will have advantage over AFK ones, also that would open opportunities for Kabbalists to be hired for their ā€œEin Sofā€ SP attribute for quick SP recovery.

2 Likes

You canā€™t vend potions the way you do with Gem Roasting / Squireā€™s Repair and Buff / Pardonerā€™s Scroll Shop. You just craft potions and they all go into your inventory. Plus, players are more likely to buy potions in bulk which would mean that it will take a longer time to craft, then that will have to be made to order.

So unless youā€™re willing to dedicate time spamming the Shout Chat for it and keeping your post near a warehouse, and unless youā€™re popular enough to have a crowd of Loyal Buyers, thereā€™s no better or convenient way to sell potions but through the market.

edit my thoughts are all over the place, sorry for edits. haha~

1 Like

Edited my Awakening/Blacksmith/Briquetting comparison post.
Please be clement with all my nonsense.
If you canā€™t cope with it (and my broken english), please jump to the conclusion.

Here lies my hopes and dreams of being an Alchemistā€¦ or a Squire for that matter.

Oblation would make more profit. Kek.

Does briquetting bonus scale with weapon enchantment (or rather does briquetting bonus apply before or after enchantment)?

Briquetting only applies to the weapon base. Enchantment has no effect.

Whats the issue with potions? Is it that there is 0 profit? How long and how much silver does it cost to make them?

Also, what do vendor prices have to do with anything, are they better than player made potions?

Yes.

Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Wait, isnā€™t briquetting +9.5 or -9.5 only? I though you canā€™t get anything in between.

So itā€™s not that bad for min maxing, you can get up to 40 attack from it.

But for sure itā€™s not a profitable skill, mainly fot 1 time offers.

Regarding item awakening, if you have +15 or so item with 4+ potential left, itā€™s reasonable to use briquetting/awakrning on it, as you nay fail an upgrade and get back to +10, so alchemist enhancements is the best way to upgrade it. Even if stats may be useless, itā€™s still better than nothing.

But again, not profitable.