Tree of Savior Forum

Questions around the BR server - LUG partnership

Hello.

We got the announcement many days ago about the partnership with LUG. Some points were left in the dark however, and we have been asking for more information about this.

First, we know so far:

• IMC will manage this server
  • It will only be accessible by the LUG client
  • LUG client will be in portuguese

But… this brings some problems, unless you have something under the hood.

• this was planned to be the latin server before. With it only being accessible by a portuguese-only client, does this means other plans for SA? or the only option being the NA server? (I know some prefer this anyway)

• what about people that prefer to play in English? This is such a common wish among brazilians that many companies adjusted their clients or made tutorials to help us enable english option in BR clients. League of Legends and Diablo 3 are two examples.

• so far we asked many times about the possibility of a BR/SA server through steam, even in some common topics with EU. You put the EU in the FAQ but nothing about SA. No information, neither bad or good. Can you talk a little about it?

• finally, depending on the previous answers, any possibility of enabling it through steam, which would solve everything we ask?

• many communities have been asking for a one time server transfer so we don’t lose everything we get with the pack. Any words on this, please?

Thanks for the patience.

4 Likes

Hey there, thought I’d drop by to quickly clear out some questions Brazilian users may have before the Steam release.

• We currently have no plans to open a SA server on Steam
  • The LUG server will very likely be located in Brazil and will be accessed only through the LUG client when ToS launches in Brazil
  • The LUG client will be localized to PTBR only
  • Players will not be able to transfer to the LUG server from Steam, however as there is no region lock for Brazil you can choose to play on both Steam and, once ToS is launched in Brazil, LUG

Thank you for summarizing some of the most pressing questions the BR community has been asking, I hope this helps clear things out :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thanks Ines, it’s always you to save us :slight_smile:

abit offtopic but… @STAFF_Ines , why dont you appear here? https://forum.treeofsavior.com/groups/moderators/members

xD

Ines, I would like to clear something out.

If I get with steam

Founder’s Server : Exclusive Access 1
A. Price : $49.99
B. Exclusive Access Period : 1 month
C. Benefits : 650 TP + 1 x 60 day Token + 2 Hair Accessories (Hanaming + Popolion Doll) + 1 Companion (Hoglan) + 1 Stat / Skill Reset Potion

and later wish to move on to LUG server, will I be able to maintain the benefits I didn’t use? I mean, are they stored with my account or with my first character in any server?

1 Like

Question:
I am from Argentina, many people from SA (Chile, Peru, Argentina, etc) are planning to play in the BR server since we all have lower ping than playing in the Na Server 180-200ms vs 30-80 ms. Question is, is the client as mentioned before, gonna available in English Language? I know its gonna be in portugese, but it can be also in English. You can solve 2 problems with this, make the SA community happy by letting us play in english and with low ping (since the majority of south america doesnt speak portugese). Thank you. @STAFF_Ines

2 Likes

Since LU!G is going to host the server, now I am way more worried.

3 Likes

Will there be at least a named server for Latin America and Europe during Head Start or is it all one server?

For example:

Gabija (Europe)
Saule (Latin America)
Laima (United States)

would probably be US East, since thats the location of the server, or just NA

And even a spanish version on BR server. I would be nice for our Latin America folks.

Once it’s translated to portuguese would be really fast and easy to do the spanish one.

Community could help.

1 Like

LUG = LAG :sob:

LUG = BOTS :expressionless:

2 Likes

Im worried now too. Like anyone who played BRO u.u

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. Please consider adding a Steam Saule (Latin America) when the game goes free to play, which would officially be for our Spanish speaking friends and unofficially to prevent the problems we saw in iCBT.

2 Likes

No dude, you will not be able to login from steam to the LUG server. The international ToS will be 100% separated from the LUG server. Since the items from Founders are linked to your steam account you will not be able to use them on the Brazilian(Lug) Server.

1 Like

@Skrunken I’m… not sure either. No big deal, though :sweat_smile:

@kenjihasegawa.91 There is no transfer between Steam and LUG servers, meaning you won’t be able to use your early access benefits on the LUG server when ToS is released in Brazil.

@gervdp92 The Brazilian release of ToS is focused on the local audience, so I’m afraid it’s going to be localized in Portuguese only…

@Nakano15 The server is going to be hosted by IMC, LUG is dealing with localization and local support.

@BigNasty

2 Likes

Can you bring the information on why exactly we won’t be allowed to access the BR server through the steam client also?
No players would be harmed by allowing it, and would bring many benefits for us…

It has to do with the agreement with LUG, probably? Honestly, I already bought the pack and will play it anyway, so it’s not about blackmailing like other players did. But… this is such a big deal for us :pensive:

You will end up opening two servers in brazil, one for LUG, one for spanish speaking latin players, don’t you expect it? (the second one being accessible by steam :unamused:)

the best solution would be bringing back “Saule” LA server on steam, while keeping LUG’s server for BR only

IMO, at least

2 Likes

Voce pode pagar 20 agora e depois comprar cash no br…

ou comprar o de 50 e deixar as coisas no correio ate pega no br

I agree with you, but the problem is I expect them to setup a possible latin server through AWS. The only server available in south america is located in Brazil.

We would end up with a decent number of brazilians playing on saule anyway. Steam client + same ping. Sure there would be a decent number choosing the pt-br client too.

i’d definitely choose saule, without a second thought, lol

IMC just don’t care about it anyway ;s