Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

Tree of Savior ( English Ver.) Why not call it Tree of Savior (American Ver.)?

6 Likes

International means the server is allowing outside source’s into and its not region locked this has nothing to do with making multiple regional servers or those servers would simply be region locked…

@Staff_Julie
If, for example, IMC decided to make other server (ex.: EU/Oce/SEA) but we used our token in NA server, and we decided to use the free transfer that you offered to us, does our Token effect will be transfered to our picked server or the Token effect will not be included in the transfer?

The pie chart is quite scary. Each continent hold around 20~30% of the paying customers. If certain continents hold majority of the pie, it’s a lot easier to decide which one would bring more money via local server.

As a SEA player, I know this ‘free’ game would attract a lot of players. This doesn’t translate to a paying nor staying customers, however.

Let’s do some science/math
Looking from the pie graph and SteamDB, there are 150k owner. Let’s be lazily optimistic and say they all bought tier 3 early access.

• 30% are NA = 45k | $10 * 45k = $450k
  • 26% are LA = 39k | ~$6 * 39k = $234k
  • 16% are SEA = 24k| ~$6 * 24k = $144k
  • 12% are RU = 18k | ~$4 * 18k = $72k
  • 12% are EU = 18k | ~$8 * 18k = $144k

The prices are lazily converted, but I guess it gives some idea and shows which regions IMC is more likely to open - or rather, not open. I wish technology can help us here. :weary:

What likely to happen is IMC wait for 2+ months, see how the numbers above change, then decide on next local server. My bet is on EU.

4 Likes

Having an international server now means being conveniently offering better services for specific countries?

It goes w/o saying that International doesn’t mean it has to have multiple regional servers. The problem is IMC is blatantly favoring America and Brazil over other countries and this is clearly absurd if they are actually announcing that the steam version is INTERNATIONAL. They should have just announced that they favor America and Brazil more than other countries so we outside the said countries shouldn’t have bothered in the first place.

Allow me to quickly quote:

We specifically have a BR server, which is located only in Brazil.

I’ll need to make sure if pausing the Token effect is possible. I’d like to ask you to wait until the next business day for a definite answer.

5 Likes

@Staff_Julie
May I ask , is there any words on server name yet? :smiley:

So this is the main reason heh :X…It seem a regional server is a far dream…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Sadly, I got rejected. :sob: I believe we’re going to have another meeting about disclosing server names.

If we don’t end up making an announcement, please allow me to compensate for it personally. Given that you like what I can provide you. :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Well the question now is, should I play on Steam with 160+ ping or refund the pack and wait 3~4 months until LUG release the BR server =(

2 Likes

Wow you are too way too stupid. No point to talk to you anymore.

eww imagine if i care XD

@Staff_Julie
If the iToS servers are hosted by amazon service, can’t IMC use the South America (São Paulo) one to host an LA / SA server?
Or are there some contract agreement with LUG that IMC can’t open other SA server?

4 Likes

First of all they are not conveniently offering better services for specific countries how about less of the paranoid attitude or you might end up wearing a tinfoil hat…

There company has to be based somewhere and it must be based somewhere near or in NA and that will be where there servers are located now if you understood things that are closer to a hub’s signal normally have a better connection so let see people from the NA will be very close to the server thus have a great connection here’s a map to help you understand.

now I hope you understand okay next now if the company IMC was against other regions it would simply region lock the game so your completely restricted to play the game would you like that because your mentality tells me you would rather have no one play it because your ping will be horrible and if you have to suffer then everyone should suffer… so childish…

International servers are servers that accept data from other nations allowing use of there service unfortunately we are not in god mode tech and server have limitations I’m from south east England way over the pond from them and I still get a great connection of 90ms to 107ms but do you see me complaining… no I accept it for what it is if they do want more servers then so be it ill use the free transfer they have provided me and if the game was horrible for me I simply would not buy it and move on no harm no foul…

People today just because they paid some money demand more then its worth expecting miracles from a dev team with the stupid notion there the customers and should be treated like royalty staff at IMC I feel sorry for you that you have to deal with this kind of customers…

Keep up the good work.

11 Likes

Oh really? Their final decision came from sales data, it favored America and Brazil THUS they will provide regional server for them.

Wow. How you even came into this conclusion is amazing. What I only said is that they should have just mentioned that they are favoring America and Brazil so people like me who wants to play under low ping should have NOT bothered in the first place. Your level of comprehension is the one childish here. I never said that they should shut the server completely outside America and Brazil just because there are “we”, people like me.

You really don’t get it do you? You hav 90-100ms of course that is fine. SEA players on the other hand gets 300-500ms ping which is absurd, it makes the game barely playable considering my 350ms ping experience back on CBT2. More like, you’ll be ultimately dumb if you actually rant over 90-100ms ping. Don’t try to speak for us SEA players when you never even experienced what we experienced back on CBT2.

Wow. Now you’re saying that I’m expecting to be treated as royalty? When did I even said that? You’re just assuming things up.

Anyways, the point of my post completely went over your head so I’m not gonna bother continuing this argument. Not to mention, your argument is just completely out of context and you’re putting words into someone else’s mouth.

4 Likes

Technically LUG should have no involvement on that matter, and I haven’t heard a solid no from anyone on my team either.