Tree of Savior Forum

[PROTEST] New Legend Gear Patch Will Ruin The Game, Playerbase Will Shrink Greately

Powercreep is the norm in MMO that I agree, but it’s BS that everything require the same Mystic Pages + Blessed Gem. Like the Savinose era until before Moring hard, I could farm HG for misrus recipe, then go to some 380-410 map farming for those Ignas/Skia ichor, then do WB for Moringponia Ichor. For accessory you can either go with Drakonas set or the Uphill set or the Moring set. You have more option to go. But the upcoming several batches of equipment is 20 Pages, 50 BG, more Practonium, so it doesn’t matter which option I choose, I’m forced to craft with limited resources that also use for other thing like art, ark, transcend, switch arch stone, etc…

R.I.P Global server of TOS since we’re the only ones that can read this topic but not ktos and IMC itself unless IMC staff here push and considered some topic to deliver it in korea server. If a huge player data base drops in this patch with bad results, all i can say those who will left are the hardcore players but not all because we get tired too (speaking of vaivora) it takes luck to get it and so tiring for real what more these new “content legend set gears” to farm will make our whole life a waste.

I consider those comments above that they should make mats lower and increase drop rate for less stress farming. Continue to grow TOS!! hope you soon be a better game in future, because there are so many good, awesome MMO that will be release this year and so on. Listen to community ! let the players have fun / have a reason to stay and enjoy :))

1 Like

We also have World Bosses that only gives 25 cubes for 25 players, so much for a World Boss.

Also IMC:

Keep going
I like see people protest about this game hahaha grab popcorn

:distinguished:

1 Like

It’s good that people are giving feedback on the future content of the game. It meant that the player base still care. The TOS has been heading in generally the right direction until this big update. If you want to watch go ahead but don’t condescend the thread. Complain and feedback like this are necessary and I know for certain people are complaining about the same thing in Ktos forums as well.

1 Like

Here is a summary of what I believe are the true underlying factors to the communities reaction towards this patch. Here comes the great Quote’ning!

Alright, I’ll stop here. I could quote more but it will just start getting repetitive.

T.D.L.R.: Too much grind, RNG, and time vs reward desparity.

One quote that sums it:

(Excuse me for quoting people, I just don’t have the energy to type this aggravating post)

12 Likes

Hello! I hope you can noticed this and let ktos dev team know our feedback before it’s too late.

@STAFF_Yuri @Staff_Alex @Staff_Jin @William121213513513 @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @GM_Francis

2 Likes

How I feel about this patch… I’m like the fresh player that starts and gets 1 coin each time he kills one mob then check shops and see that everything costs 1 million coins. Now after thousands of hours of playing, he finally gets what he wants and discovers that he can change his coins to gold bars at the rate of 1 bar per 1 million coins. Suddenly a new update comes, and now everything costs 1 million gold bars…

6 Likes

It’s kind of like this, only where the gold bars are also locked behind a lottery event or drop at like a .01% chance from doing weekly content.

2 Likes

doesnt matter if we have to grind , the problem here its EVERITHING its locked behind Suspicius RNG

3 Likes

I always have pointed out this, how they made so many nice content (equipment) that ends up being useless over time, and it happens since the lv315 gear sets i guess (emengard stuff and even this was kinda “balanced”)
I remember when equipment of lower level didn’t have such high impact and people equiped it just because of the secondary effects but sadly it will keep happening, that’s why i stopped playing ToS, they don’t value the time u spend in game anymore

4 Likes

Here’s a real talk, what ever we say about this patch if IMC staffs doesn’t give a dem toy well
there’s nothing we can do. I hope they notice this thread and get the most important highlighted parts as an iTOS community then Meteor throw it in korea

this exactly. literally nobody cares here in our forum lol

MMORPGs should stop using higher level cap and stronger gears that require higher levels as excuses for “new content”. What happens is that the games become a never ending grind of farming gears, throwing them for the new ones, and then repeating the cycle.

I liked their previous idea of not introducing higher level gears anymore, but instead just add more ways to customize or make the current gears stronger. Whatever happened to that idea, I do not know XD

3 Likes

I get the argument for that the huge amount of specific set gears are redundant and a huge slap in the face. But the argument over that old content gear becoming obsolete is for me a headscratcher. Isn’t that the point? With new content comes fresh new objectives and goals to work towards, the old crap is supposed to become yesterdays news.

Someone pointed out that they think its weird that the raid gear drops in raid and makes the raid easier. Well yea, pretty much all mmo’s do that. It’s to create a sense of progression and to be able to tackle even harder content later on like a hard mode for the raid.

I’m pretty new in this game and I’ve just recently acquired my varna gear and I’m not the least beat up about having to start over the grind for new gear when the content drops. As I’m well aware that is pretty much the point of the gameplay with mmo’s. I do realize the problems with this content update though and how they have decided to split up gear among so many different areas of the game and the huge costs for each one of them. Sure I have no idea if it will also become easier to farm up the mats needed, but to raise numbers just for the numbers sake would be dumb. No I agree with many that pvp and pve content should be treated separately with two sets of gears, enhancements and whatnot for each of them to create progression for each playstyle. But to divide the game into so many sections that they are trying to do now is beyond my reasoning.

Well I rambled enough, but my point is. If you are gonna argue about the flaws of this content update, really think about where the problem lies and come up with solid constructive critique instead of just arguing for the sake of it. Games need to move on from old content to new to keep the game fresh, interesting and to give the playerbase new goals to work toward.

There’s nothing wrong with introducing higher gear but they need to introduce different gear that encourage different playstyle, not based on content. Right now, the new armor is just a lazy game design.

Lo and behold, the easy mode version of the raid takes 40 minutes with post-glacier equipment.
Good freaking luck grinding multiple versions of this set and enhancing them to absurd levels when the raid itself takes over 3 hours every week to do with post-glacier gear ON EASY MODE.
I think i will maybe pick up the PvP set, because its extremely cheap to make and stick to varna for my PvE, since healers are privileged enough to not require endgame sets as much as DPS people do.

In a traditional MMO that is enough as every single role and playstyle is set on classes, and you can add equipment that complements them, that doesn’t completely works with ToS’ class isn’t completely aligned and IMC can’t address all of them at once (nor over months).

Additionally the stat check barrier is (almost always) set to the higher end, meaning you don’t have an option to keep your gear (in case you prefer the old effects). Presenting new gear as an option is great, making it mandatory is horrible.

1 Like

(maybe) being the devil’s advocate here, but i’m genuinely interested actually.
if you were the developer, how would you design new gear for new game content to make people interested to touch the new game content without overshadowing old gear?

It’s okay to overshadow old gear but the design right feel pretty bland. Maybe they are afraid of balance if they add more ark like or vaivora like effect to the armor set but I don’t really mind them experimenting more with it.

On other news, data mined from the live update on Ktos, the armor set is now reduced to 3 set.
1 for CM, Field and DCP
1 for raid and WBR
1 for pvp

That is good news.