Tree of Savior Forum

[PROTEST] New Legend Gear Patch Will Ruin The Game, Playerbase Will Shrink Greately

this exactly. literally nobody cares here in our forum lol

MMORPGs should stop using higher level cap and stronger gears that require higher levels as excuses for “new content”. What happens is that the games become a never ending grind of farming gears, throwing them for the new ones, and then repeating the cycle.

I liked their previous idea of not introducing higher level gears anymore, but instead just add more ways to customize or make the current gears stronger. Whatever happened to that idea, I do not know XD

3 Likes

I get the argument for that the huge amount of specific set gears are redundant and a huge slap in the face. But the argument over that old content gear becoming obsolete is for me a headscratcher. Isn’t that the point? With new content comes fresh new objectives and goals to work towards, the old crap is supposed to become yesterdays news.

Someone pointed out that they think its weird that the raid gear drops in raid and makes the raid easier. Well yea, pretty much all mmo’s do that. It’s to create a sense of progression and to be able to tackle even harder content later on like a hard mode for the raid.

I’m pretty new in this game and I’ve just recently acquired my varna gear and I’m not the least beat up about having to start over the grind for new gear when the content drops. As I’m well aware that is pretty much the point of the gameplay with mmo’s. I do realize the problems with this content update though and how they have decided to split up gear among so many different areas of the game and the huge costs for each one of them. Sure I have no idea if it will also become easier to farm up the mats needed, but to raise numbers just for the numbers sake would be dumb. No I agree with many that pvp and pve content should be treated separately with two sets of gears, enhancements and whatnot for each of them to create progression for each playstyle. But to divide the game into so many sections that they are trying to do now is beyond my reasoning.

Well I rambled enough, but my point is. If you are gonna argue about the flaws of this content update, really think about where the problem lies and come up with solid constructive critique instead of just arguing for the sake of it. Games need to move on from old content to new to keep the game fresh, interesting and to give the playerbase new goals to work toward.

There’s nothing wrong with introducing higher gear but they need to introduce different gear that encourage different playstyle, not based on content. Right now, the new armor is just a lazy game design.

Lo and behold, the easy mode version of the raid takes 40 minutes with post-glacier equipment.
Good freaking luck grinding multiple versions of this set and enhancing them to absurd levels when the raid itself takes over 3 hours every week to do with post-glacier gear ON EASY MODE.
I think i will maybe pick up the PvP set, because its extremely cheap to make and stick to varna for my PvE, since healers are privileged enough to not require endgame sets as much as DPS people do.

In a traditional MMO that is enough as every single role and playstyle is set on classes, and you can add equipment that complements them, that doesn’t completely works with ToS’ class isn’t completely aligned and IMC can’t address all of them at once (nor over months).

Additionally the stat check barrier is (almost always) set to the higher end, meaning you don’t have an option to keep your gear (in case you prefer the old effects). Presenting new gear as an option is great, making it mandatory is horrible.

1 Like

(maybe) being the devil’s advocate here, but i’m genuinely interested actually.
if you were the developer, how would you design new gear for new game content to make people interested to touch the new game content without overshadowing old gear?

It’s okay to overshadow old gear but the design right feel pretty bland. Maybe they are afraid of balance if they add more ark like or vaivora like effect to the armor set but I don’t really mind them experimenting more with it.

On other news, data mined from the live update on Ktos, the armor set is now reduced to 3 set.
1 for CM, Field and DCP
1 for raid and WBR
1 for pvp

That is good news.

The major issue with designing a new set is that Ichors killed half of the space you can use for new equipment, which would be the ideal thing to entice players… Anyway, as that limitation is set the first thing i’d try to do is to turn it as a favorable element.

I’ll make it as a list and try to make it shorter. Also, don’t expect that much from the example as i’m improvising on the fly.
1 - Set the (new) equipment level to be the same as the highest level legend gear we have today (400), not all new equipment has to be a direct upgrade in comparison with the previous one. Since Ichor don’t allow direct effects we will work with set effects.

2 - Remove the base bonuses of the effects (at least the offensive ones) as these add another big gap.

3 - List down all the available options for use (including velcoffer). They are oversimplified and divided by generic use.
Self protection (4) - Gyvenimas (Shielding with regeneration), Mergaite (Shelling), Rykuma (Debuff immunity), Skidas (Shielding through kill streak)
Party oriented (4) - Apsauga (Shelling), Bendrinti (Healing), Goduma (Shielding), Aqkrova (Empowering with blood feast)
Enemy weakening (2) - Sumazinti (Defense break), Tiksline (Damage amplification)
Empowerers (5) - Kraujas (Risk to growth), Korup (Debuff stacking), Gymas (SP saving), Ataka (AoE through critical), Proverbs (Cap breaker).
Others - Atagal (Damage reflection), Liris (Summon buff)

4 - Set the goals of the new set (i’ll use the content distinction for this), in this case it has to be 1 bossing, 1 CM/field and 1 PvP, only taking the bare minimum.

5 - Find an intersection of a non-existent effect of the listed options and the goals. Even if each has a different set direction they must have some value (even if minimal) outside their designed purpose.
Bossing - Active - For 20s, recover 0.25% of your missing HP every second, stacking +0.25% for each tick while you don’t receive damage (up to 25%). Additional survivability tools can be translated into more DPS, specially when a healer isn’t present or not allowed (like WBR).
CM - Active - For 10s all damage applied marks enemies. Once marked enemies are defeated, deal X% SFR to all enemies of the same name in sight, doubled if you kill it. (ex: kill a Kepa, damage 200% SFR to all living Kepas). Since CM is a wave based content it is interesting to add a chain reaction effect that uses the horde aspect of the content.
PVP - Passive - All incoming damage is split in half, one part applied on hit and the other split over the next 5s (stacking with itself). Active - Halves the duration of all non-removable damage over time debuffs and dispel all removable debuffs. The idea is to give some more room to act before you die but not prevent the death completely, as a non PvP guy i cannot see how good or bad this is.

6 - Add the additional effects as a part of the set bonuses.
Bossing - Reduce damage from AoE attacks by 10% (or 2.5% per piece) and damage from enemies taking you as primary target by 10% (both stacking, at max of 20%).
CM - +200 Looting chance (or +50 per piece) and +X% bonus nucle powder (and/or ignore nucle and sierra powder weight).
PvP - +20% resistance to all basic debuffs, doesn’t remove external buffs (shop, party and consumables) upon dying.

It’s the same idea when dealing with class design, add variety that doesn’t try to conflicts directly with other existing elements. A CM set that has the same floor and ceiling as a regular legend set but has better CM tools is already more attractive for those that want to invest on it, yet it doesn’t shoves away players that didn’t crafting it - reward those who did, without punishing those who didn’t.

Just taking the opportunity to add one more thing.

There’s no need to reestablish the power ceiling as long as players still have goals they didn’t achieved, nor their secondary goals, nor the ones that follow it, and so goes on. If my not that well elaborated sets were added and only 5% of players took interest on it (either on release or as a whole), that’s fine, just try hitting 5% or more of the remaining part for the next patch, and do the same for the next, and so it goes. Players that completed all their ‘main’ character investment can move to an alt (repeating as much as the player wants) or just save resources for the next interesting thing that is added.

PS: If we were talking about Ichor type, there are way more interesting stuff to do.

Ah yea i agree with you, i didn’t mean the many different ichor equipment. In fact i think thats the way to go. So people can customize their legend gear as much as their class roles. I ment the different Legend gear with such narrow usage. I think we are on the same page.

1 Like

I prefer the vertical gameplay actually when it comes to pve. I like the feeling of becoming stronger as time passes. So when I for example went back to Ignas dungeon yesterday to farm some ichors. I really felt the power I’ve grown into since the last time i visited that place and it was an actual challenge. I don’t want old content to be challenging. I wan’t to be able to sit back, relax and breeze through old content while I struggle with the new.

In PvP though, I feel different. I don’t want that to be about gear at all, in that regard I love GW2’s design. Everyone has access to the exact same gear and its all skill based.

A gear set once a year is fine.

A gear set with literally 7 layers of RNG per piece, particularly where things can destroy gear or materials, is not. A few layers of RNG is fine. Most players have tolerated it for years without issue.

Here are all the ways to improve gear that we have, this does not even include crafting the gear:
Anvil (100% RNG)
Awakening (100% RNG)
Enchant Jewels (100% RNG)
Gem Sockets (Hope you like farming monster gems up again)
Transcend (Why does this still exist?)
Set Bonus (Started out as RNG but changed)
Two Sets of Ichors (One of these is RNG and then it’s RNG to make the ichors, because that’s still the most cost effective method)

Now do this for 3 sets of gear.

9 Likes

No other mmo has made me actually dread getting a new piece of gear like tos does. In other mmos when you get a new epic or legendary weapon you celebrate.

In tos, you get it and realize you have to make it +16 among all the other things quoted.

5 Likes

will pay out very mcuh cost to new item.

luck boy and p2w player can do it.

but i’m not.

2 Likes

Translated from KTOS

Hello, this is the Tree of Saver development team.
We are sincerely grateful to all the saviors who sent their valuable opinions through the bulletin board of “I wish to the development team”.

We hope that the development team and the saviors who wish for the development team will be a space where they can think together and find a solution for a better tesse, and that the solution will come from simple complaints and strong complaints that are not clear (the probability of realization is extremely low) In the case of a rather extreme request, it may be difficult to respond even if it is in the likes ranking according to the operation policy of the bulletin board.

The BEST recommendation is based on the following factors, including the number of likes.
-Sincerity, novelty, and sincerity
-Objective view not aimed at the benefit of a particular individual or group
-Logic, reason, and clear solution
-Number of likes

1 Like

Do you really think they care about what you think? you are not korean they dont give one single ■■■■ about your opinion all they want from you is your money so they can keep their korean player base happy buffing and nerfing what they ask and only that
Kim: give me dollars -

4 Likes

Personally, i dont think the new gears will ruin tos tho.

1. It will make old players creat some more accounts to rush the game gears ( or botting, only god know ) but the important thing is players count increase for sure :3

2. After like ~1 months, the price of new stuff reach few hundred m silver tks to those hardcore players ( or bot ). Making real newbies and casual player: “omfg i just farm 200cm for this +16 stick, you saying clean t10 of new legend better than this?”.
    Meanwhile, our IMC investigating n+1 bots and adding new feature " ban ip of ppl who spam report bot ". 100% >50 IQ moves.

3.After high IQ play, players slowly drop but with " new contents", imc will be able to keep those hardcore players and silver seller.

1. The base players now dropped too much, its time to make a new sever with better RNG. Then after few months, prepare popcorn and merge them.

It took them 3 years to ban 1 player with ET bug in SEA sever and there are 2 more players i know have the same bug not fixed.

How many likes should i get to make a mod do his work? I spent 2 months using ice wall to push bot in baubas out of the column and report every single one of them.

TOS is fun to play, IMC make it less. Btw, i still cant see any way to balance classes if we ever up to 4th one

4 Likes

Why are they doing this? I really don’t understand… this game has a lot of potencial, but they can’t see this.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.