Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

well if you are casual the last thing you should worry about is how much nucle you will need to maximize an item that hasn’t even come out in Korea

After this updates comes in…
We grind for a year… after a year of obtaining… another set comes in.

“Do it casual”

-IMC

2 Likes

Coming soon, Leticia cube featuring:
500,000 Nucle Powder Box
100,000 Nucle Powder Box
Arch Stone Selection Box
777 Blessed Gem Box
A stack of Arch Stone fragments
Ark Selection Box
50 Magic Stone Box
Legend Equipment Selection Box
+16 Weapon of choice
Ark Lv 10 Upgrade Ticket
Ark Discount Voucher
Challenge Mode/Dailies Multiply Token
Silver

Jkjk …

7 Likes

Those new legend sets should be remake into “unique” (for other rarities to be useful not display) and make the stat values less superior to varna / other legend sets . Ex. 0+ varna set = +7 unique (new sets) .
they should as well as make drops of mats a little increase if they want those sets to be useful as
“Content Sets” . Really devs should think carefully and put their shoes in us “players” , we get tired too
(-(-(--)_-)-) . I Don’t want to quit but IMC is forcing us to :tired:

2 Likes

this is supposed to be the “more casual” content they talked about. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh boy, this patch… The amount of Magic Stones (and to a lesser extent, BGs) needed to craft the new equipment really encourages multi-accounting.

These costs would be fine (imo) if there wasn’t so much Rng involved in upgrading the gears. Spending 40x Magic Stones to craft a lvl440 weapon only to brick it at +6? And then when they finally make some upgradable gear with no Rng involved (arks), their cost is absurdly high…

Separating gear into PvP and PvE (while making PvP gear a lot cheaper) is interesting, but making PvE gear for each specific content? No thanks. Maybe if they were all cheap just like the PvP armors.

It’s honestly really tempting to keep using Varna as a “jack-of-all-trades but master of none” set, just to avoid the grind lmao. Smugis/Ataka don’t appear to fall significantly behind these new set effects anyway.

If this patch goes live outside ktest like this, I’m becoming a 100% casual player. I don’t have 30 hours per day to play this game.

Don’t give them ideas!
:distinguished:

10 Likes

they could upgrade equipment that already exists like solmiki, masinios or vellcoffer using old items would be nice …

2 Likes

that dont make any sense dude, the game is supposed to grow up, not step back.

2 Likes

after 2years ,cap ark lv would be increased to 30

1 Like

they need to calm down and stop a bit to focus only on new items and try to focus more on content such as new game modes like the assist system, who knows, maybe even add more functions and the housing system too

2 Likes

im just wondering when they’ll increase damage cap, since we’ll have extremly high gear and we can cap pretty easly just by now

Yeah I’m lookin forward to anviling 3-5 +16 weapons just for my main, including a PVP weap that for some reason isn’t even usable in GTW?

And that doesn’t even begin to get to the countless other issues. I’m beyond tilted. If I didn’t know any better I’d think the notes were just straight up fake.

2 Likes

and really dividing the sets by activity was a very bad idea (except the pvp ones) since generally despite preferences people do a little bit of everything and the assistants already give you that kind of bonus

Different gear type is bad idea, it’s forces player to focus on one aspect rather than let player to enjoy all contents as usual.

Changing equip everytime we gonna do a content seems a chore and a let down.

It’s like uniform gemstone feud.

I’m not really defending it, I’m just pointing out the absurdity of some complaints. Imagine if everyone came here to complain and say that they are leaving only because it is impossible to play without having a + 40 weapon or that it is impossible to get would seem reasonable to you? Guy of calculations do you know how much nucle cm 10 will give in each game? or if it will drop nucle in some other new content? and it’s not because I don’t follow everyone here on the forum that I agree with everything that IMC does I think that if IMC is so quick to launch new items with such variety it could make them more accessible in relation to new sets.

It shouldn’t be magic critical attack?

1 Like

And here I am, thinking they should update Solmiki and Velcoffer to be on par with Varna, giving them different effect/purposes so you can choose a different playstyle and gear of the same tier instead of always going Varna…

Guess is time for Varna to join the trash can :tired:

6 Likes

I double checked. Yes, apparently they all have both. Sorry about that.

And yes, the one set does have 554 while the other two have 544.

They added those in this patch by the way.

3x Dimensional Collapse Point Multiply Token

3x Uphill Defense Multiply Token

3x Challenge Mode [Hard] Multiply Token

All provide rewards equal to 3 runs and consume 3 entries.

7 Likes

Lemme elaborate it further…

Assuming you have a character at maximum level that isn’t fully geared, the natural progression is to make the best equipment set available, which that takes a lot of time and investment. Once the new equipment arrives, your set isn’t that good anymore but you already dumped a lot of time and resources on it. As you’ll likely not have anything else to use your time and resources with, it is just natural to go for the next set and waste all your time and resources on making it as it will eventually be the baseline for the to be released content. Also, you can’t just use the new set once you adquire it as we have all the enhancement layers, instead you have to put it on the corner until you can make it better than the current.

In case you didn’t managed to finish the set before the next release, you may not be able to participate in the new content and still be frustrated by having an incomplete set that may not have any use outside the character it was being built to (and at this point, investing on alts doesn’t seem reasonable).

Then we have to factor the non-recyclable elements of swapping sets, like Pamoka solutions, blessed gems, the obscene silver sink for anvils (and their RNG), gems (which might be the worst offender), enchantment jewels and awakening. To make it worse, you may not have the option to sell it either because it has 0 potential (as golden/ruby anvils exist). At least the ichor can be kept, for some time…

These new won’t be released as an alternative, it is the new ceiling tier that will define the future content “difficulty”. The time, investment and commitment to your current equipment don’t matter anymore.

7 Likes

Any idea how the challenge mode one works? Considering you can only do 1 per day before you use a reset. Say you start a day fresh. Does it consume 2 cm resets along with the multiplier?

1 Like