Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Hail Botdra

20 chara

2 Likes

I thought imc way to make things variable is through ichor which we can see from their class specific vaivora, glacier raid gear and world boss new gear. Turns out it was only the tip of the iceberg… they went batshit on this

1 Like

i wonder if there’s a FULL SET +set stats for Moring VH raid… well there’s a Pbeta set for the White witch Raid(future legend raid)…

looks like everytime ur inventory will be 100% weight just by carrying 7 or 8 full sets of armours(after 6 months of farming for it… that is)…lmao

Imagine repairing all equips at once… BOOM 10m gone…

Well, that’s how predictable IMC is, I guess. I knew they were going to come up with something like that with how much items needed to grind.

What I’m feeling from IMC is:

1. They already had a set number for all the things players have to grind for these items (Nucle, Magic Stones, etc), but the amount is huge enough for players backlash, so they purposely bump up the numbers stupid high on kTest so when they scale the amount back down to what they originally intended (or more), everyone will be happy, like a scammer giving an extremely trash option initially for first impressions so the next trash option seems much better than it actually is.

2. Make a crazy grind that gives incentives for players to spend TP and buy any future Leticia Cubes containing such items, which they can also sell to market to go make up those losses, thus satisfying the players who spend the most money in the game. Really feeling how IMC is catering to the whales of the game.

IMC be monetizing player depression, when did ToS focus more on depression and grind instead of progress and enjoyme- oh wait.

4 Likes

seeing from the trend before (mystic tome page, hello?) they wont reduce the number of requirement
instead putting it in TP shop
because more mats required means more profit to them right?
right?

also, this whole gear progress direction is really shtting on people that depends on vaivora to get their classes from poop to not bad. at least in near future

1 Like

The amount of mat is a problem but it is not the core problem of this update. The core problem is the grind investment vs the reward. You are expected to gather all those materials for contents that you are going to do what, at most 2 hours per week? Let’s break each PVE armor and their usage:

CM and Raid (2 armor set)
This is arguably the most okay of them bunch as people spent a lot of time in CM and Raids are the end game. It’s not good either as the raid armor need you to run raids to get it so it essentially just make next runs easier.

Uphill and DCP

The current reward system is already horrible and in order to justify the new armor set for this content, they would need to ramp up the difficulty of the content and if they use the same reward system, well, there is no justifying getting those armor set

WBR and Field boss

This is the most horrible decision in my opinion. Let’s forget about field boss like moring as it usually too much of a lag fest and adding damage bonus won’t solve that anyway and take a look at WBR. In the current state, everyone can compete for it. As players geared up, they naturally become better in WBR and since the equipment are used in other content as well, WBR become this thing they can try to do on the end game. With this new armor set, you are essentially telling the meta that if you don’t have the armor set, forget about competing in the ranking. Okay then, you said and I will grind for WBR armor set to compete but think about what you are doing. You went all the effort of weeks or perhaps months crafting and upgrading for a set of equipment that you are only going to use max 2 hours play time per week.

This entire thing just… defy common sense of gameplay design. The effect is also lazy as hell considering all of its is just % of bonus damage and damage reduction.

7 Likes

TF is this?
The game has been doing really good and constantly improving with all the casual stuffs that help ppl gearing up.
Suddenly they now decided to take a retard 180 turn at full speed.
Are we going back to the old ET days where you need to keep farming hardcore everyday for months?

Man, TOS is one of the few games that update/patch makes its player more frustrated than excited.
after 10k+ hours in this game, I’m considering quitting too at this point.

10 Likes

Shrugs

I recall when IMC first introduced the idea of specialized armor for different content (PvP, Raid, General, yeah they planned 3), many were for it. Then again, IMC has always loved taking things either too little or too far.

1 Like

Dont worry guys…Its still in korea and we are 1 year behind…hahaha

I think you’re trolling but the idea that a new player will brush this off as ‘oh no worries 1 year until’ doesn’t sit well with me so I want to debunk it.

kToS update April 13th 2020

Same update…
iToS update June 2nd 2020

Let’s not pretend that if this content goes through as is, we won’t be getting slapped in less than 3 months.

If this content and set of armor arrives as it is, I will quit the game again and wait for about 3 or 4 months and see if they solve this, if they don’t, I’ll be back after 1 year. The old ET was what kept me from that game, it was unbearable and they are creating something similar again. I would like the IMC to watch the forum or react here as it seems that they are too busy in a giant bubble.

to leave or not to leave that is the question?

:scream:

welcome to ‘3m per level difference’ enchant transfer :distinguished:

you are playing the wrong game. it’s called “funded” for a reason.

Just make new equip that cannot be transed, cannot be ichored, cannot equip ichors, doesn’t have random stats or can only have a few lines of variable stats ALONG with fixed stats/effects\

That is rank 7 era equipment

1 Like

I’m ok with the ichoring and transing, heck even the enchanting and gems, but when it comes to everything else for gearing… Specifically Anvilling gear… Anvilling needs to die.

And so? Those are examples.

My point there is that most of the systems are a band-aid to slow players down, and IMC, instead of purging away old systems like other mmorpgs, keeps piling up new ways to slow down players as the content updates go on.
There are many different solutions to this, the easiest being just leaving the old gear like it is and moving on.

They could’ve reduced the anvil cap slightly on new gear for example, or slowly purge away transing over the last 3 years. Instead they insist on having streamlined upgrade systems, 50 of them.

Anvils (grind copies of the same item)
Awakening (and the better awakening, but you need to grind, and possess stones)
Random Ichors/stats and Fixed Ichors/stats (grind copies of the same item)
Equip Rarity (making all non-legend gear unusable as gear)
Trans (new item from new content? you can’t use it until t9-10 kek)
Gems (new item from new content? you can’t use it until you gem it with good gems kek)
Set Bonus (new item from new content? you can’t use it until you have all the set or it is weaker than your current one)

Not to speak about the fact that once you are slightly geared the game becomes a challenge mode ARCADE machine, instead of putting a coin you pay with electricity.
Maps exist in a vaacum, you just don’t care about them, you go in the best one and sit in a corner spamming cm.
It doesn’t help that monsters on the same map drop the same loot.

This game has become a ball of pointless bloat, and if they changed all normal monsters to have 1 single model you wouldn’t care or notice.

7 Likes

leaving the old gear like it is.
Actually you can do it right now, just get varna and dont transcend it, just anvil and socket it.

All above piled up with:
Cards (Of which 80% are bloat and unusable)
Legend Cards…
The Assister System
Arks
Headgear
Attributes
Arts (Ooopsie, you are class locked now! hehe)
Arts: Enhance (You are now banished to play only 1 character forever if you have a life)
Seals (Of which all but Boruta ones are bloat, 1 year+ of boruta btw.)
Accessories
Other stuff i’m forgetting.

Pair all this with 90% of maps aside from the last 4-5 that come out each year being bloat, empty and skippable. 450 levels (with the first 300 being less than bloat) that could be compressed into like 100? (little digression here but, can’t they just repurpose like 70% of the maps to make end-game content? Can’t they just repurpose for high level the 10 or so normal field dungeons that no one ever visit?)

I can list an endless amount of things that for ME, a veteran player, make this game full of bloat that could be cut/repurposed/recycled, and at the same make the game a NIGHTMARE of information for a new player.

6 Likes

I will lower the level of this discussion to yours: you can wear a level 1 weapon