Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my Chaplain Build Path

Good day everyone! I kinda updated my thread to at least have a better navigation and to keep the post more like a journey of sorts into creating the build I am to stick with in this class. Excited in this game that I also made wizard & swordsman journeys in the hype of things so there are those too :joy: but nonetheless, here it is.

Current Theorycraft Build

This is to keep the build updated and alive up until I find that ā€œmy build.ā€

Thoughts:

• stuck the cleric-chaplain path I currently have
  • decreased aspersion in priest c3 to more pts in revive
  • decreased transform (because most probably the transformation will be cancelled to do other skills apart from being cosmetic in other areas.) for a telepath
  • stat thoughts of int & con with some spr, 3:2:1 int con spr or maybe a different combination.) from this reply.
  • Basically with all the left and right builds concerning how chaplain is more autoattack and the end classes are more caster builds, I still stuck myself with the chaplain druid, thinking that as I autoattack with the aspergillum, I can do aoe cast damage as well with the druid class seeing they both scale from the int stat (but with chaplain also having spr gains for stone skin and aspergillum.)

Thank you for taking time to read and I hope I do get great feedback because I think with much reading here, Iā€™m gaining interest in having the cleric as my main instead of my wizard or swordsman, haha!

Previous Builds & Thoughts

03.31.16 - Original post

04.01.16 - The learning process & 2 builds

created new build path: to cleric c2 & plague doctor

and redistributed skills: chaplain druid

Decisions of change:

• unchanged cleric-priest c2 skill allocation
  • decreased Aspersion by 3 on Priest c3
  • decreased Chortasmata by 1 on Druid c1
  • decreased Transfom by 1 on Druid c2
  • increased Revive by 3 on Priest c3
  • increased Telepath by 1 on Druid c1
  • increased Chortasmata by 1 on Druid c2

04.02.16 - choosing the chaplain druid build

• see Current Theorycraft Build

Changelog

• created thread

• new title
  • rearranged original layout content
  • added sections
3 Likes

Well im not gonna help you much cause im newbie here too and im triying different builds.

I dont know if really u need Priest C3 as requisite to chaplain im actually going with this build, I supose Priest C3 is a requisite but actually in tos base with priest c2 i can go chplain and after priest c3. im building only Int and some spr( innecesary) like ratio 4:1 more or less, My build as you see dont have Rank 7 cause i dont know what to pick till see the dmg, So supose if i want to be pvp ā€œcompetitiveā€ need to pick Kabbalist for revenged sevenfold and supose if i want pve i would go oracle But like u is theorycrafting cause i still dont know much about the game so hope someone can help us : D

1. yep.

2. There is a guide on it, but i donā€™t remember where it wasā€¦

3.a) druid2 can work, just keep in mind it makes far more pve oriented and youā€™ll want to carry daino scrolls so you donā€™t override to many buffs from others.

• Donā€™t worry about deprotected zone, itā€™s worthless for a int build such as this.
  • Take some points from blessing/aspersion, to put into res/revive.
  • Good.
  • accdg? either way itā€™s fine. Telepath is of little to no use in pve anyway.
  • Only for pvp tbh, or maybe put just 1 point in it and remove 1 from transform.
  • Spr is of no use to druids, better focus on int.

3.b) Buff overload, no seriously you have far to many r1 buffs now and will overwrite them with each other. I canā€™t recommend that.

• It can be run as a int or spr build. Kabbalist only relies on int heavily for merkabah which isnā€™t that important.
  • For pve arcane energy will see morre use, for pvp counterspell.
  1. Most simply go chaplain/cleric2/plague doctor, chaplain/krivis/plaguedoctor or cleric2/krivis/plague doctor for a pvp variant with no dmg.
    A chaplain/krivis/oracle should be sufficient for pve.

Iā€™ll talk stats/skills when you get a better build tbh, otherwise this post will be far to long. (and i want to lvl my dievdirby anyway)

1 Like

3.a) well, poop. my stat allocationā€™s a butt if I went druid then since I already allocated in spr & con.
accdg = according. sorry my hands went shorthand.

3.b) What do you mean with r1 buffs (and which are they?) Is that because of arcane energy & the kabbalist skills along priestā€™s? because if there will be, like you said, there will be skills that would be more seen in different settings (which I think is just fine with me) so they wonā€™t overlap.

1. I recently read those of PD builds and even though those should sound appealing, I donā€™t find it ā€œthatā€ interesting in terms of the oracle kabbalist.

Buffs are divided among rank 1 and rank2 buffs. Majority of buffs count as r1, meaning they are affected by the buff limit.
(5 default, 7 for clerics/swordsman, +1 from trait, +1 from token.)

Meaning if you were to go past the buff limit your buffs will simply override a existing buff instead.

Rank 2 buffs are a lot rarer, and the only example in your previous builds is forecast.

Okay letā€™s think together
Cleric priest c3 chaplain Iā€™d fully support build with opportunity to use his auto attacks for leveling
Druid c1 and c2 is fully caster classes
These 2 build will not stack together, you canā€™t become better with druid, you need to decide what do you want, a caster build or an autoattacker
If you want caster, donā€™t go for chaplain at all
I can suggest you to take cleric on c6 to be able to support on late game, and choose between PD or Kabbalist or someone else on c7
Or forget about chaplain and go read about caster builds

OH! read up on Daino. :sweat:
So with a krivis c1, you can add +6 more buffs that interact with buffs from other classes too, right?

Dang! I was kinda hyped with the oracle kabbalist buff interactions apart from their costumes. Anyway, if I did take the suggestion of @denis.oblov in taking out chaplain (bye costume & skills) and instead put (krivis or cleric) there, would that be a better solution?

Iā€™ll create another build and update this reply after these are answered.

Yep.

And denis means you can ditch priest+chaplain and focus on a pure spellcaster build.
Though chaplain+druid2 will still work fine, they both scale of int anyway and you get 2 very good defenses. (Stone skin + Sterea Trofh)

So, even with the Spr & con iā€™ve put, Iā€™ll just put on Int now to get the most of what I have?

so krivis oracle kabbalist is viable?

Donā€™t take krivis c1 unless you wanna PvP
You can buy daino scrolls from pardoners but they donā€™t work in pvp

Chaplain + Druid is fine. You are still going to auto-attack as filler DPS while Carnivory is up so it works just fine.

Also Sterea Trofh synergizes well with the build since Priest c3 lacks full damage prevention.

1 Like

Yep, and get more con/spr if you die to quickly/run out of sp to fast during dungeons later on.

@Wurmheart Iā€™m curious how you put your different stats too.
Hereā€™s the build I want to play http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xrbmxyf11p/
Do you think something like Max Int with 1/2 Con is good?

Plus do you play with Cloth or Plate armor?

Always plate armor, maybe with a cloth glove. But the health is to good to pass up on.

stats depend on whether you wish to focus on pvp, pve or both.
That default chaplain builds does well with any mix of con/spr/int.

• Con is best for pvp, for pve it tends to be overkill.
  • Int provides the most dmg and healing, so itā€™s quite nice for pve. But not as good for pvp due to your inability to hit frequently.
  • Spr is also better for pve, but is a nice middle ground between survivability and dmg.

For pvp iā€™d say get 1/3rd or more con.
For pve iā€™d go with a 4int, 1con ratio minimal.

Alright, thank you for your fast reply. I think Iā€™ll stick with the second option then. (;

I do want to PvP as well. GvG also sounds great because friends are also playing the game.

Iā€™m leaning to this seeing how this looks very feasible (and how all are going that itā€™s less frivolous just because oracle is VERY utility & as of now having a hard time going for any well-rounded build.) This is still viable in a PvP / GvG setting right?

These are what I keep thinking about. Since I do like to see the cleric going PvP, I guess around 1/3 con and the rest to int sounds great.

To be viable with cleric in PvP you need to go CON/SPR with priest 3
I suggest you to take kabbalist or PD on c7 for PvP and Krivis after priest
Chaplain is not that good in pvp or group play, mostly solo

guys I was asking this in 3 topics and no one answered me.
Is Daino still needed considering I saw you can lvl an attribute that says it allows you receive more buffs?
I really want to know if I should get krivis or not.

Please some give an opinion.

Thanks

@andy_aao You can level up that attribute for a maximum to have 8 buffs.
If you plan to play solo or only PvE forget about Krivis, because you can buy these scrolls
If you plan to be a PvP suppapuppa champion, you will need krivis anyway, because in group PvP you will have more than 8 buffs for sure

1 Like

thank you! I didnā€™t know the limit to that attribute.
very very helpful answer :slight_smile: i need to change class soon