Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my PvP Fencer Build

Good day everyone! I kinda updated my thread to at least have a better navigation and to keep the post more like a journey of sorts into creating the build I am to stick with in this class. Excited to this game I also made wizard & cleric journeys in the hype of things so there are those too :joy: but nonetheless, here it is.

Current Theorycraft Build

This is to keep the build updated and alive up until I find that “my build.”

Thoughts:

• Peltasta - 4 Guardian, 1 Rim Blow for knockback skill
  • Barbarian - Max Helm Chopper over Frenzy because skill over autoattack
  • Corsair - 4 Jolly Roger, 1 Dust Devil for the mini cc (at the expense of having to do swap weapon in between and recasting guardian again.)
  • Fencer - Max Lunge for evade & damage, 1 Preparation
  • Fencer - 7 Sept Etoiles & 3 Flanconnade for that 300+ attack
  • Fencer - 4 Attaque Coquille for the defense debuff uptime
  • stat build sticks with 2:1 dex str up until 100~150 dex and then pump to str depending on critical rate & evasion, con still in question

The sources of my questions here & here are in the same thread as well as the replies from here.

Previous builds and thoughts

03.29.16 - Original Build

Thoughts:

• So in a few minutes, the game will start. anyway, any last comments for this build like how to improve & what to get as stats as well?

04.01.16 - First update from replies on this post

Thoughts:

• went a peltasta for the evasion guardian attribute brings. Not sure if that should be lvl 5 or I get rim blow instead so I can deal dmg early game & not have a hard time just autoattacking.
  • barbarian c2 only because I wanted to get cosair. I heard its skills are universal to weapons so I think this path’s gonna be great. I feel the barb c2 is okay even though helm chopper’s 5 only & no giant swing, pouncing and higher levels of other skills. not sure if higher levels of helm chopper would be better (and if so, where will I take the skill points from?)
  • corsair for the hook & keel (not sure of the usability of the hook attribute reading how it wont have synergy with keel(?) not sure if i should just drop this for a barb c3… maybe still have corsair still but lose on fencer c2…
  • fencer tree is a mystery to me. Not sure if max, 5 or 1 for lunge…
  • goes the same with sept etoiles, flanconnade, attaque composee & preparation
  • dunno if I do need to get esquive toucher and if the level of attaque coquille be 1~3 points lower (or maybe higher if sept etoiles goes 1)
  • I wanted an evasive character that can dish out damage but still act tanky enough.
  • stat wise, maybe early game doing a 2:1 dex str up until dex goes 100~150 then dumping to str. putting spare con points when I cant handle mobs anymore. I am not sure if there is a need to put in spr (because mana issues) and con (for more survivability.)

CHANGELOG

• updated the link

• removed thrust, added concentrate
  • redistributed between pain barrier & bash
  • redistributed between helm chopper & frenzy
  • maxed flanconnade & preparation from lunge & sept etoiles
  • added stat thoughts

• updated title
  • rearranged original content layout
  • new TC build
  • removed Frenzy, maxed Helm Chopper
  • redistributed Jolly Roger to acquire Dust Devil
  • redistributed Lunge, Sept Etoiles, Flanconnade, Preparation
  • new thoughts & links

bump.
Can anyone help?

Webpage not available.

i can access the website…
well anyway, here, I just recreated it.

Why do you have too much attack skills?
Why do you have Thrust over concentrate buff which can be boosted at level 3 by it’s attribute by up to 100 additional damage?
Why bash level is 4 not just 3 for the Knockdown attribute.
Why Fencer skill Preparation is just lvl 1, why not 5 for 75%?
What. Flacconade? This is the most OP skill if ever seen… zero CD and iframe(invisibility) from attacks, why just lvl 2? You can spam this skill alone all day killing pipol as long as you have mana which means you no need other attack skills anymore other than this! hahahaha :relaxed:

I feel giving your character too much attack skill is not a good idea.
I don’t have access to KTOS, just my opinion bro.

@Calvin

• already mentioned that i wanted it more PvP oriented (question was gone)
  • that was why I asked here?
  • I didn’t know that concentrate has a +100 dmg attribute (because I do not understand the explanation given by the simulator in relation to how it became +100)
  • given your understanding of how OP a fencer’s skills are, what skills should be put down to max out those that you mentioned?

I’m not very sure but I think Maxing Flanconnade, Attaque Composee and Preparation is a good one.
Flanconnade (Slash)
Attaque Composee(Pierce)
Barbarian Skills (Strike) especially the Helm Chopper to stun targets

I get confuse between Attaque Coquille(2k damage, fast CD, Strike) and Esquive Toucher(Pierce, Evasion 100%) as I don’t have idea how evasion works. You decide.

Updated my build.

Any other more constructive thoughts in improving the build guys?

I’m really interested with the fencer class, though i’m not sure if
barbarian C2 is enough so I could get the hook & keel from corsair C1.

EDIT before update of original post:

So I asked in the big general thread here for advice and apparently, the original poster noticed (Thank the gods that senpai noticed me!! :open_mouth:) S/he replied and felt at ease at least with the replies I received both in skills & stats. There are still doubts clearly with the fencer part where the battle of skill allocation among Sept Etoiles, Attaque Coquille & Flanconnade (and maybe Preparation if it comes to that.)

I made a reply there again to see if the updated build would be fine. Here’s the build & thoughts:

Thoughts:

• Peltasta - 4 Guardian, 1 Rim Blow for knockback skill
  • Barbarian - Max Helm Chopper over Frenzy because skill over autoattack
  • Corsair - 4 Jolly Roger, 1 Dust Devil for the mini cc (at the expense of having to do swap weapon in between and recasting guardian again.)
  • Fencer - Max Lunge for evade & damage, 1 Preparation,
  • Fencer - 7 Sept Etoiles & 3 Flanconnade for that 300+ attack
  • Fencer - 4 Attaque Coquille for the defense debuff uptime