Tree of Savior Forum

Come Earth Tower, is Stone Skin worth the trouble?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

While I appreciate the responses, the derailment is of epic proportions.

PvP is not a concern.

Monk builds are not a concern ( because monks are hot garbage to me - no offense to anyone who plays them).

There is little discussion on the merits and weighing between a spirit stone skin build and high int builds with diev.

And like I mentioned, there is also the possibility of going priest 3 into diev 2 with high spirit but that seems to be too much of a split and you would also be giving up plague doctor.

The problem I see with Stone skin comes from giving up :

• Any ranged DPS due to low int
  • main stat scaling bonuses
  • Over half of heal tile efficiency
  • build flexibility

All this for stone skin.

Priest 3 isnt worth it without stone skin. You don’t need more than level 5 revive and even then revive is more of a cute trick with a long cd, reliant on group players using it right.
Blessing and sacrament are almost dead skills late game. Mass heal is okay but you could be grabbing AOE invul instead.

For a full support build, priest 3 is starting to look more of a one trick pony gimmick once you consider the other choices and toys you could have instead.

In a vacuum it looks good, once you consider your options, not so much imho.

Ultimately, it comes down to the following comparisons for high end PvE full support scenarios :

vs

vs

Currently, the last build seems to be the best choice for full support efficiency and versatility in my mind, due to the issues a stone skin build creates.

I am still on the fence about diev 3 and maybe going priest 2 instead for revive and a weaksauce mass heal. I’d however be giving up owl dmg, uptime, tree levels AND the last statue. Doesn’t sound like a good trade.

@Veritas

@Calcifar If you’re high SPR (to justify stone skin) I’d add Cleric 2 > Krivis > Priest 3 > PD/Kabba/Oracle even if you’re planning on buying Daino scrolls, as a possible contender. Zalciai would significantly increase crit damage (great for high dex friends). Crit rate improved if placed on monsters (also a debuff if you’re going PD), and it can give up to 48 magic amp with cheap attribute for your wiz friends.

@kittytrooper
what about something like this? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/2sr39rgwkd/ (maybe c2 instead of krivis?)Planning to reskill blessing later and putting more points into asp and maybe sac?.. stats going for mostly spirit then con with some int. like maybe 4:2:1? or 2:2:1? i am not sure yet.

I don’t want to follow the band wagon and go pd i’m trying to think of upcoming ranks and chancing for fortune teller.

To be honest I don’t know much about Chaplain. My point was only that Krivis will work well in high SPR builds because of Zalciai (and obviously Daino, unless you’re planning to buy scrolls). My opinion: I would keep Krivis in your path, especially if you are ever planning to PVP/GVG.

I refer you to some popular threads where you can probably find everything you need

I will look into it some more, for me I always like to play the utility/bard/dancer w/e type of support and I’m getting closer and closer to finishing p3 ( class level 12 at the moment :x). I just think if i got rid of chaplain for c2 then i would be too support-like to where peeps wouldn’t really want for later cause they’ll be lacking damage, or vice versa they might not want me cause i don’t have c2 xD?

edit: well that is what I am getting through all the other threads ( not chaplain one can’t read those till later or tomorrow)

Not trying to take sides here, but why does he need to create it when there’s people in the thread saying the same thing?

I haven’t read the entire thing but here’s what I know:

About Stone Skin
-Chaps fall out without spr late game. Monsters have higher block penetration while you have the same block from not increasing spr. Even with 100 SPR, you’ll be only raising your SPR more and more when higher level caps come out. Seeing the trend of things, you’re not going to need a linear increase of SPR, it’s more along the lines of exponential. 1-200 is beginner mode, so disregard everything you know about the monsters from 1-200.

About Blessing/Sacrament and any other priest attacking buffs:
-Blessing falls out late game, everybody knows this. You shouldn’t be counting it as 1500 *170. You’re not going to be dealing 150 hits on a single monster, especially in ET. The hits are going to be spread amongst every kill you make, so you’ll be dealing a max of maybe 20-40 hits on each mobs. Each monster takes an additional 5k-10k. That isn’t much when you’re doing higher level stuff.
Also, 25k might seem alot at earlier levels, because it is. But after 200, an extra 25k spread over 150 hits is not a lot (especially when monster hp will keep rising with future level caps).
On missions it MIGHT SEEM like it’s a lot seeing all your blessing hits are focused on 1 or 2 monsters, but it’s not. If you want more information, check out my thread regarding PD.

For a dps/support build, at max I would recommend is priest c1 for ressurection. With priest c2, you’re going to sacrificing something you shouldn’t be

Good thing I saw this thread before playing… was going to make a Cleric2/Priest3/Chaplain/PD for full support but it seems like this is not really a viable build for full support. Stone Skin doesnt seem worth it after reading a few thread about block penetration from monster is too high for Stone Skin to be effective, and bumping high SPR just to lose out on the Int for heals doesnt seem worth it too.

Can anyone recommend me a full support Cleric build thats viable end game for PVE (Earth Tower).

cleric2 -> diev3 -> druid2 seems pretty standard for end game pve

Hiya, sorry for the late response.

Stone Skin is great. Really, a wonderful buff, and any mitigation is appreciated. Especially since it allows you to block without a shield or anything.

It is pretty spirit reliant. I end up advocating FS Cleric builds to go spirit heavy and just let their spirit do all the scaling for the block, saving them four points from the base increase on Stone Skin (yes, I tell people to leave it at level one).

Melee damage can still hurt, and a lot of magic at the endgame is actually physical (very deceptive). Arrows frequently kill players too, so being able to block is nifty.

If we’re talking Earth Tower, it’s usually magic that will kill you, where Stone Skin will not save you. But, it’s one extra layer of defense between you and dying, so it does not hurt to have.

1 Like

@PrinceMark
It’s just sad how you think insulting helps in any way or how you keep defending Priest3 or how you think Monk3 are even worth mentioning to someone only interested in ET.
I speak of my own lv280 experiences and I’ll always use others statements to get extra pair of eyes and give much stronger base for my own statements. That’s called being smart, well founded, reliable. I wouldn’t come here talk about something I don’t understand or have no experience with. Got no desire for attention or deception.
I also don’t have any interest to prove anything to you. You’re welcome to go through my profile and check how many times and for how long I’ve addressed Priest3 damage/utility or other monk builds. I won’t discuss any of those things with you any more. You already got more from me than you deserve.

@Calcifar
Don’t go more than Priest1. Only reason I mentioned Priest2 was in a Monk build against a Priest3 build. I don’t really know what else would be more valuable in a Cleric2Priest1Monk3 build. (I really wanted res)
You better off going further into Diev. Definitely.

@Veritas
Keep in mind OP’s asking how much he has to give up for that. If he has better options.

Edit:
Chrono3 Backmasking video if anyone interested:

Though 5min CD is brutal. Can’t rely in just that.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’m not sure if people really would really care that much… Maybe someone else can answer that question

If you’re taking chaplain for damage reasons with full SPR I don’t know how effective that is (sorry I just don’t know much about that class lol).

For an archer (high dex) someone did a small test on full SPR Zalciai. It raised critical damage output by about 15-25% depending on the type of monster. For myself on my cleric with no dex, the effect on crit rate is very noticeable and it boosted my crit damage by 50% ._. So that’s basically a glimpse of the additional damage your SPR Chaplain would need to compensate for (if you’re thinking of exchanging Krivis for Chaplain) which I have no idea if it does or doesn’t.

actually i was just going to either be chaplain>krivis or chaplain>c2 or c2>krivis xD but that is nice to know :open_mouth:

Whoops sorry! Well, the info is if you are still considering chap > c2 (it’s what you’d be missing out on by dropping Kriv).

I don’t think C2 is required if you have P3 and you’re SPR so personally I would stick with chap > krivis.

(Apologies for slight derailment of thread.)

I will also apology and continue with derailment of the thread, but is Kivris pick still worth it? The idea of taking Kivri at rank 6 for Daino arose when buff limit was 5. However now that the buff limit for DPS is 7 (+1 from attrib and I assume everyone interested in endgame content will be able to pay 400k/month for token) does that not shift the scale?

Token price increases overtime.
IIRC tokens are around 2 mil now in ktos. Still affordable of course.

Hello there,
I am actually lvling a chaplain, becouse i dont like my DievC3 as much and the playstyle solo is hard.

I have 50Con and 100 Spr invested at the moment.
But from all post i read that block rate isnt that so good in Hl Pve content.
But is still Viable ? Can some one POST A CONFIRMED “build” for chaplain that can DO earth tower please ?
What stats we need to focus to get FULL support build to LATE GAME?

Thanks for advices.

Ps; sorry for bad english!

People will always have their own opinions, I would say yes Krivis is worth it if (1) you are SPR build and/or (2) you don’t plan to buy many Daino scrolls (Daino lasts ~5 mins so for 30 mins uptime you’ll need 6 scrolls).

The game doesn’t end at rank 7, it’ll go on, and all classes will get more buffs. Unless the limit is raised we will have to be more picky with which buffs we use so Daino is likely to stay relevant.

Recommend starting a new thread if you want to ask more questions :wink:

1 Like

In my opinion, Survive in Earth Tower is not only about the Cleric.
Linker will have a very important role to link and let the other party member utilize their attack skill without taking care of AOE Attack Ratio.

About Chaplain in Earth Tower : here’s an example of support Chaplain in Earth Tower.

Pleasr examine how they are able to pass 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor by just running arround (not by killing enemies like other party did)

1 Like