Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my Sorcerer Warlock Build

Hello & good day everyone! I kinda updated my thread to at least have a better navigation and to keep the post more like a journey of sorts into creating the build I am to stick with in this class. Excited to this game I also made swordsman & cleric journeys in the hype of things so there are those too :joy: but nonetheless, here it is.

Current Theorycraft Build

This is to keep the build updated and alive up until I find that “my build.”

TC Updated last 04.01.16

Even though it was April Fools, I did stray away when I saw a build & this new post where kino c2 is discussed. Though I am still up with the use of a linker c1, I am not so sure of kino c2 only and it’s plays. Here’s the current build link.

Thoughts:

• I think this offers me options of being able to hold on my own without summons.
  • I think viable since the summons will tank while I offer dmg too
  • summoner-warlock skills still the same as current build
  • still open to 1 circle of linker for utility based on this build I saw
  • also open to cryo c2 if there’s that.

This would be easier if i dropped summoner/c2 right,

• a build like cryo c3 kino c3 / cryo c3, kino c2, wl
  • a build like cryo c3, kino / kino c3, cryo & sum, wl (losing the commands and summon levels)

but because the AI of summons is bad from many players, sum c2 is needed which makes me think harder for my rank 4 (both pve & pvp setting; cryo for more ice wall levels / kino for PP stun attribute and magnetic force, linker for JP & hangman’s knot.

I welcome all comments, opinions, thoughts (and maybe violent reactions) to my post and thank you for dropping by (in advance, haha!)

Previous Builds & Thoughts

03.28.16 - Orignal thoughts

So the hype is real. Anyway, for a build path, I am quite lost to how I am to build around Ranks 2-4. I am quite interested with a Sorcerer C2 > Warlock C1 build path in late game.

My thoughts on Ranks 2-4 paths:

• I see the common way (or an all-around way) is to go Cryo C1 > Linker C2. Also saw how Spiritual Chain looks beneficial especially in parties…
  • I was hoping in putting a psychokino somewhere for the teleportation and swap skills because of utility but I do not know how to build around that. Also, what skills are beneficial or great combo with psychokino?
  • Really leaning on the hybrid of the late classes just because they seem fun and good for crowd control (and maybe map awareness too) so I was hoping to get pointers in creating a fitting path for this.

03.28.16 - 3 builds

• This link to the same thread down below (just because the post fits as a ‘previous build’ on its own.) My reply has all the 3 initial TC (theory crafted/crafting) builds.

03.29.16 - first build chosen

Thoughts:

• I’m on cryo now & kinda nearing 3rd rank too and i’m having 2nd doubts… If i should still push through with a c3 cryo or go with kino/link or link c2…
  • This link too from this same thread explains my doubts but my thinking that cryo c3 was okay that time.

Changelog

• created thread
  • created 3 TheoryCrafted builds

• chose the link that had cryo c3, sum c2, wl

• new thoughts - cryo, kino c2, sum c2, wl

• new title
  • rearranged original content layout

You would have to give up a level of linker to fit a kino, its probably not worth it. As a sorc that temple shooter is going to be your big deal, your main thing, and it needs links to be awesome

I dont feel like a pp+ice wall thing would be smart either.

You could theoretically go cryo-kino-linker-sorc2-lock, get both an ice wall AND a joint penalty gem, AND the +2 cryo staff, and have a 6 link jp, and level 8 ice wall, which is high enough to be useful for the PP+wall combo… but even if you jumped through all those hoops… PP drain combined with summon drain… it just… sounds icky.

ARGH! If only kino was R2 i wouldn’t be having a thinking time on R2-R4 haha!

Oh! that crossed my mind too, cryo-kino-link but then the spiritual chain would be gone. Would putting in more SPR… oh wait, both PP & summon drain by percent…

I do not know of that staff (and actually haven’t went through with equipment.) Also, it depends on the situation because theoretically, this build path looks more party oriented so the chances of spamming PP with summon may be just to hold things in place in time to get other party members to go poking again.

EDIT: If anything, maybe letting go of linker to get either Cryo C2 > kino C1 or Cryo C1 > Kino C2 will eliminate my thinking… I’m not totally sure since i’m just theorycrafting here.

I’m in the same problem as you for the moment I wanted to go as wizard c1 > cryo c1 > Linker c2 > Sorcerer C3 but id like to play kino too for teleport swap.and pressure but its hard … this R2 for wizard …

Sorc with out linker is going to be frustrating. I think some people make gvg based builds on cryo3-sorc but for pve stuff the linker is what makes the templeshooter really shine

People get caught up on the PP+ice wall combo. Its good, but its not that good unless you are building fully for it, and even then its situational one trick pony. Kino is a good class with out ice wall or fireball combos.

But again, if you make a sorc with out taking linker, really know what you are getting into.

@livalis.sword yes the R2 is very limiting for me as well. also thinking about going Wizard C2 but most skills of sorcerer / warlock don’t look like the types of spells you’ll cast while under attack, but the extra resistance durations and surespell sound nice on paper too…

having thoughts like:

• wiz c2 > link c2
  • cryo c2 > kino c1
  • cryo c1 > kino c2
  • cryo > kino > link
  • and other combinations of wiz / cryo / link / kino

@Elysion If what I’m thinking is right, for sorc to shine well it needs at least linker c2…? because link c1 does not give enough benefits for its great linking skills?

I also thought kino is real great even without a pyro / cryo skill combo (which frustrates me more why it isn’t on R2… like a wiz > kino > link c2.)

EDIT: looking at how I wanted positioning as a highlight, I think I’m leaning towards GvG / PvP environment… (getting confused as I read on, haha!)

Actually, it doesn’t work that bad. Especially since theses two drains are based on max SP (and it will be even less than when I played my pyrokino-sorc during iCBT2).
So you’ll just have to drink a SP pot after the PP burst.

SO, all that the thoughts of such class paths just boil down to the percent SP drains? Also, any comments on the linked builds will be appreciated!

EDIT:
After sleeping it in, I felt like I’m about to gimp myself with a lot of skills mid game when I feel like I could just focus on a build path like this to really set up my early game to compliment my late game (like an ice & dark element wizard of sorts.)

Even so, I am not sure about this since I wouldn’t be as dodgy / moving as I intended my post would be (in terms of inserting a kino somewhere.) I’ll take into consideration all that you guys (and maybe others if this will be commented upon again) said, but I think I’m getting excited as to see how this one should pan out since I got to at least pen what I needed down.

EDIT 2 or 3: if things just boil down to usability…, I’ll probably drop the kino to have a linker with these skills…

bump. I hope I get initial comments on these builds before the game starts too :sob:

@fimbogaming

1 and 3 looks good.

you might try changing that cryo por pyro though, I truly believe that when it comes to cryo, either you go cryo 3 or, if you want the combo, kino 3, which is not possible in your formation.

If you decide your final path I can advise you on skills, to lazy to look at this many builds.

@moises_andre12

well, if I do go for cryo c3 to go as an ice/dark wizard how do I improve this build then? (bye bye links… as well as teleport haha!)

I think this is what I think i’ll go with. any suggestions?

I’m in the same position.
But honestly, I dislike Rank2/3 from Cryo (stupid gust, ball rolling, they look unappealing how good they might be). So even IF I end up getting Cryo3 it’ll all be for higher levels of Ice Bolt and Ice Pike

Haha but from what I read around, majority just go for cryo 1 or cryo 3 because cryo 2 just has a measly shield…

I’m on cryo now & kinda nearing 3rd rank too and i’m having 2nd doubts… If i should still push through with a c3 cryo or go with kino/link or link c2…

why did you choose Cyro3 instead of Cyro1/Linker2?

Very curious because I am on my way to a Sorc build as well

While playing as cryo c1, I noticed how both in party and solo you can just keep freezing for days monsters around so I hoped that in getting more of the cryo’s spells, it’ll be enough that you’re significant in the game (with having the big freezing spells) while still being able to have an ok time in solo and parties by just rotating with the ice spells and the filler wizard spells if needed. I have read about why link c2 is great for a summon build because not only does that gain new skill interactions with damaging monsters while giving an easier time in managing your sp.

it’s still possible to go with a kinolink route though, yet there’s SP management thoughts (which I think can be worked around with parties & the SP regen from sorc attribute) so i’m still up for that even though no one really thinks of the possibility. the server issues and the game is promising enough to let us all create our own builds to see how everything pans out.

EDIT: (content here placed into the orinigal post)