Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer's Grimoire (Sorcerer skill guide)

Since there’s no other clear Sorcerer guide I saw yet since the last iCBT thread [Summary] Sorcerer Class General Overview I’m going ahead and post this out.

Sorcerer’s Skill Guide (and bugs):

Builds (pretty free)

>- I went Pyro c1, Linker c2 before going Sorcerer. Has some nice synergy to summons but ultimately Sorcerer skills are too unique to be used in combo with other wizard skills. I would argue that any build would be find as long as it's not something crazy like wiz c3. - Int is a big factor in determining how much your summons attack for, while you'll need a lot of SPR to recover from summoning. I went with 70% into int and 30% into SPR. You would not really get hit much as a sorc (that's not a linker anyways) so if you want a glass cannon then go for it. I recommend that a linker-sorc should have some con as well because you'll be aggroing a lot of mobs and your summons won't pull them for you. I cannot remember how many times went from full hp to 0 in a dungeon from a risky Joint Penalty. - I'm planning to Lv.5 Summon Servant, Lv.2 Summon Salamion, Lv.5 Summoning, Hold, Riding and Morph. Reasons explained on the feedback.

Skill Overview

>

Summoning:

> - After placing cards at both the main and secondary section on the Grimoire, this skill will call out the main monster with the status of the secondary card. - The Main card acts as the monster model and the secondary card provides the status. - Drains 1% of SP per 2 seconds on all skill level. - You add more dmg and def to it with your int and spr, lv.1 40% int (atk) and 40% spr (def) added, 50% at lv.2 and so on. - *BUG: The secondary card currently does not provide appropriate status. Ritheris Card secondary status is significantly lower than the other cards (58k hp to 2.1k hp). **EDIT: Seems like the stars effect works on the main card rather than the sub. My summon damage goes up by 1.1k to 1.2k at 1 to 2 stars.**

Attack Ground/Hold:

> - Attack ground makes the summon attacks the specify area but still allow it to move afterwards. - Hold makes it rooted in one position, it will still be there even if you walk across the map. Still attack enemies it can reach. - If there is an enemy in the way between it and Attack Ground, it will clear them out first before reaching, Hold makes it ignore all mob along the way.

Morph

> - Changes main summon into the shape of the secondary card. The monster skill changes while riding as well as healing it back to 100% hp. - You need to stand in place for around a second or else it will not work. - Cannot morph back into main card, has to be desummoned.

Riding (playlist)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1uLqC6I-ho&index=1&list=PLC1G62h5nyXBRWxFBcT3CVfzUY_NfuH2P > - Takes around ~.35% sp per second while riding - Moving or using boss skill while riding costs more sp. - Lost Cyclops on a bet but it's as crappy as Minotaur

Summon Familiar

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8Uyltq24E& > - Each level calls out more bats. - Attacks when the user or itself is damaged - Base damage is around 200? Seems to have damage +1 per 2 int, +11/12 per level. - My 251 int is a bug, it's actually 151. The stat is accurate to it.

Summon Salamion

- Attack dependent on your int and it's level based on yours. Lv.1 x0.4 int, lv.2 x0.5 int and so on. - My salamion does around half the damage of my summon (summon =1.1k, salamion = ~600) - Unlike Summoning it does not cost sp to maintain it.

Summon Servant

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfy7BV5RFWE > - Each level adds more buff on top of the last one - Level 1: aoe attack ratio - Level 2: aoe attack ratio, SP recovery speed - Level 3: aoe attack ratio, SP recovery speed, Stamina recovery - Level 4: aoe attack ratio, SP recovery speed, Stamina recovery, Increased Magic Defense - Level 5: aoe attack ratio, SP recovery speed, Stamina recovery, Increased Magic Defense, Increase Dark Property Attack - The buff process takes a while and can fail it the cat is attacked while being summoned. - Does not cost sp to maintain - Seems like the buff does not register to the stat window - Dark property attack seems to give additional damage - Effects the whole party within range ---------

Feedback

>

Gathering Cards

- So you want to be a Sorcerer? Great! Any wiz can become one, but how effective you are depends on the RNGoddess. - For now, stat-wise all your cards are the same whether it's one star or two stars, a Cerberus or a lousy Cyclops. However, eventually they will fix it and you WILL need more cards to drain into the EXP blackhole. (bye bye hard-earn cards)

There are various ways to farm cards, but it all comes down to luck:

- **Questing**- You get most of your initial cards this way from quest bosses, sometimes it gives you duplicates from reskin bosses like Chapparition and Necroventer. - **Dungeon Grinding**- Remember those awful memories grinding the lv.50 dungeon just to get a Talt? Well, you can now go back there and grind more and pray you get a card! You can do the lv.50 dungeon 5 times a day and it's easy to solo once you're lv 120+. I also found that the lv.90 cube drops a Necroventer card often as well. - **/CardBattle**- The easiest and more riskiest way to get a card. You win you get one card, if you lose say bye bye to 100 EXP or a potentially unique card. I've gone from 14 to 20 and then down to 12 once while playing it, it's very risky and I would only suggest doing this if you have duplicate cards to spare. (Most of the time you'll just be waiting for an opponent) - **Field Boss**- Like what the title said, you have to run around the map looking for the field boss and pray that it drops a card. (spoiler: totally not worth the effort)

Suggestion:

What can be done? > - Make cards *tradeable*- This would eliminate almost every annoyance that comes along with it. I understand that it can make for an easy high star summon but it can be fixed by making it harder to level up or lesser stat. - Repeatable quest bosses- Make the quest boss repeatable so that you can loot the cards, or at least have only the card drop. Making summons accessible on RNG can screw over a lot of people, making some sorc stuck with horrible cards while others have better ones while putting in the same effort.

Skills

• I’m listing my own personal experiences using them, if you have a different opinion why it is better/worse then please comment about it.
  • Attack Ground: Pretty hard to use, the summon attacks w/e in it’s path to the destination. Rarely works properly on bossfights.
  • Hold: Feels like an upgrade on Attack Ground, after my next skill reset I’m going to use this instead.
  • Morph: It’s a convinent switch out when your summon is about to die, only works once per summoning. I never had to use it whether I’m grinding or bossing however since the Summoning CD is just 60s and it’s large HP pool keeps it alive far past the cooldown.
  • Riding: It’s more of a novelty skill. You can do cool aoe skills on the boss but it really drains your sp quickly, and your own dps would probably be better unless you gimped yourself (ie. wiz c3, physco c1). Your movement speed is a bit quicker on the summon so it would make a great ride across a zone if you’re not worried about sp. EDIT:** A trick you can use is to Ride -> Use the skill -> get off during it’s animation. If you do that then you will not spend as much time commanding it to use a skill and it won’t drain as much sp.**
  • Summon Familiar: The damage is so-so, but ultimately not worth the skill pt. It’s CD doesn’t help. Might be different when you can use it’s attributes but I don’t think so because it’s gimmick of exploding only when you’re attacked is pretty horrible.
  • Summon Salamion: I initially thought this was a useless skill, but when I try it out it was pretty convenient. The salamion is a good scapegoat to take some aggro away from you but all it does is single-target attacks. However, with it’s next to no sp cost and long duration I’m coming to like it. You can resummon it indefinitely at lv.1 (60s CD, 60s duration) so I would suggest keeping it at only lv.1 or lv.2 because higher lv only increases it’s ATK and duration.
  • Summon Servant: Best skill out of all the sorcerer skill tree. Not only it has low sp cost it gives out 5 minute buffs with only 1 minute cooldown! This should be used away from monsters as the buff cat takes a while and any hit would make it run away midbuff. The amount of buff depends on the skill, I would suggest getting either lv.2 or max lv.5 Summon Servant because lv.3 and lv.4 buffs are kind of inconsequential and a waste of skill point. EDIT: Ahorya corrected me that the attribute to reduce it’s buffing time is available upon the 3th Summon Servant skill. Originally I thought it was 3th circle as said on the description but that isn’t true. So go lv.4 or 5 if you want faster buff cast time as well! EDIT: Unless your party has a Daino (+max buff), please consider your other pt members before using this or it can override their buffs.
  • Summoning: Finally the biggest skill for the sorc. If it wasn’t for the large sp upkeep and sp recovery disabled I would’ve said it to be pretty good. Some skills like the Specter Monarch’s lighting autoattack is very useful to me as a linker and Chapprition deals ok damage against bosses. As a linker however, I always find myself running out of sp very quickly even with 64 SPR and constantly chugging a large SP potion; especially in party dungeons. So due to my constantly low sp, I rarely find a situation where I can squeeze out a Summoning when other, more convinent skills like Summon Salamion is available for far cheaper (and is pretty much the same against mobs). As a linker c2, pyro c1, I find Summoning very situational like summoning before a bossfight where everyone has full sp (then desummon it one minute in because I’m at 35% sp) or just using it to ride across the map. My Link+Fireball/flame ground does the same job with a lot less sp involved. EDIT: Do use it when the map’s full of mobs, like demon prison full, it’s best there otherwise you’re just wasting sp. I recommend getting a Temple Shooter card, it does double auto damage in a straight line which is the best dps you can ask for.

Summary:

>- To be an effective sorcerer you would have to burn through your money very hard. Not only you have to constantly chug sp pots you will be spending every dime on the Sorcerer Master. (At least it's not Bokor Master's amount, but it's pretty close) - As the Job Advancement says, it'll be very hard and demanding to manage your sp inbetween summons and your own skills. Summon for too long and you won't be casting anything and too little you will waste dps. - It's fun to summon both Solomion and a boss at once, but when you grind it's just going to get in the way. - The skills are flashy but ultimately does just a bit more than pyro c1 alone with more cost. - Would only recommend if you don't want aoe (go elementalist for that) or full support (chronomancer is better), Sorcerer is sort of a hybrid in between but does a messy job of it.

Brought to you by:

Thank You for Reading and have a happy CBT!

16 Likes

Gotta grind’em all! :joy:

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this feedback… Sorcerer is the class that i’m aiming and reading this was very useful.
What’s the reason for the Linker C2 pick? Wasn’t Sorc C2 better?

1 Like

I kind of feel the servant needs reworking. It’s not that the buffs are bad, they are pretty decent, but at max level it gives you 5 separate buffs. Since you have a maximum of 5 buffs, they can and will override your other buffs and those of any party members.

Linker starts from Rank 3, so a Linker C2 would take Rank 3 and 4. Sorcerer is Rank 5 so I’m currently able to take only one circle for it.

1 Like

That bonus SP recovery is kinda nice, though. O_o I mean, that’s like 100~ free SPR.

silver coin costs starts from 53k at lv.1. You won’t recover sp while summoning either.

This is the only reason why I don’t want to go Sorc until they fix.

Yeah, but you won’t always have your summoned creature out…or be riding it. You do have all your other mage skills, neone of which will go out of style for a while.

You’ll be gimping yourself out of your main skill in doing so. Except for linker you won’t be using a whole lot of sp anyways.

i’ve been following this build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/0kcs3v2feo/
and im currently at rank4, Linker. So is it still valid to follow this?

I would strongly discourage going c2/c3 wizard for linker/summon. The forte for higher wizard circle are quicker and uninterruptible skills. All of your linker/summon skills will have next to no cast time making it extremely wasteful to rank up wizard instead of other classes like pyro or another linker circle (I still can’t say anything about Necro because I don’t have it). With your build your sorc’s damage would mostly be reliant on the summons, energy bolt and earthquake; all of them burns through sp very quickly and not as much damage as other classes.

If you’re already wiz c3, linker c1 then I would recommend going elementalist to get more offensive skills instead of summons and the wizard quick cast/sure spell would compliment it better.

Ultimately it’s still a beta through and it’s just for like 20 more days, so feel free to go sorc if you still want to try it out.

Do you have any valid/good build/guide of Elementalist?

Sorry, you’ll have a better luck digging through the threads here. All I can recommend is that Stone Curse sucks ass so don’t get it.

Hi, does physical link work on your summons? Does spiritual link work at all?

You have to take Summon Servant Lv3 if you want the attribut that reduce the time to buff to be available.
(Sorcerer 170 soon here)

1 Like

Oh thank you! I only noticed this now since the requirement said 3rd circle required, not lv.3 level.

Thanks for the Sorcerer Review !
But on the point of Lvling up Cards not effecting the summon - i have to disagree. At least on the stat page my phys attack and Magic attack went up upgrading to level 2 (Stats didnt change though)

Also i dont think you actually take the stats of the Secondary Card but from the Main card - (i clearly saw dmg going up after upgrading main card)

Also i feel to keep up the SP is kinda easy atm if you skill no Spirit at all and just recover a bit with sp Pots since the sp Cost is Max SP % based.

Is there a way to dispel a summoned devil?

I saw a sorcerer do it while having still haev his sp bar full.

You just have to right click the icon to the top left to desummon them.