Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer bugs and problems collection

Hello, everyone

In the last days I’ve seen a lot of topics created because of sorcerer’s “unique” issues, so I decided to create a thread to organize and, if it becomes solid enough, foward to our beloved devs (and our beloved staff “fowarders”).

Before we begin I apologize for english is not my native language.

Information :information_source:
If you’re looking for information, build in general or just discuss the class, please, go to this thread by @Scyphoza :
Sorcerer Info Megathread

For video footage of some problems please refer to @caudaite 's thread:
Problems and videos

For card discussion, @Pandaroc 's House of Cards thread

You can find information, but they are long outdated here:
Sorcerers Grimoire by @Tsuyucchi
Sorcerer Skill guide by @arnanv_2
(please don’t necro revive old posts, we are not necromancers :stuck_out_tongue: )

Other suggestion by me:
Summon’s UI

Let’s divide them, they will have the format as the last of their topics.

BUGS :bug:

Bug level: :star::star:

Description: Skill Summoning with melee devils sometimes miss their attacks.

When/How it happens: When the summoned creature stays slightly out of range it keeps attacking but it isn’t close enough to hit:

Video You can see in the end of the video.(after 38s) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaThZLUHCA

It seems fixed
Bug level: :star::star::star:

Description: Summon just stands still not attacking anything

When/How it happens: Use Hold/Attack Ground to set a place for your summon guard/go, use Ride and a skill of your choice, after that, unmount and wait… your summon will finish whatever skill animation he is casting and will stand still until you use Hold again or re-summon.

Bug level: :star::star::star::star:

Description: Sometimes you get stuck while mounting/unmounting and become unable to take actions since your normal skills black out and you don’t get riding skills. You have to be knocked back or relog/switch channel to regain control of your character.

When/How it happens: Unable to reproduce reliably, probably something to do with bosses.(maybe getting knocked back during riding’s animation)

Bug level: (greater is worse, max 5)
Description: (brief description of the bug)
When/How it happens: (how did it happen?)

PROBLEMS :head_bandage:

Most of these are opinion based by me and few other threads i’ve seen around the forums and, as such, should be discussed with more points of view. If you disagree please share your toughts in the comments and lets try figure out a way that is best for all players. The problem level is entirely based on my perception of it. :writing_hand:

Description: Summon’s leash range is too short, it often leads to dangerous situation for the player to be around the summon and at the moment you walk a little far he starts chasing you until he arrives your postition. The summon only attacks after chasing you in the moment he gets to your position.

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow:

:pill: Current Workaround: Learn its max range and avoid getting too far, be careful with boss attacks though, they’ll send you flying and the summon will cancel whetever he is doing to follow you.

Solution: Add an atributte(off/on) to sorcerer c1 which gives +10(Max lv 3 or 5) leash range. If the summon is under half this new value while the master has the atributte active he should start looking for something and attack it.

Description: Summons waste attacks on traps, Tree Crystals and other objects.

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow:

:pill:Current Workaround: If you have sorc c2, position your summon at the very same spot as the target you want him to kill, if you don’t, try to walk him to it.

Solution: Look for new targets if the damage dealt is 1 or don’t target objects at all. (this could lead to a new issue, boss not attacking event objects you need to destroy)

Description: After chasing you because of leash range and aquiring a target, the summon will often attacks in the direction he is facing when he stops walking, not the target’s position.

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow:

:pill: While you summon is chasing you, stop right before your target, facing it, it doesn’t always work.

Solution: Get shooting classes, templeshooter :frowning:

Description: SP regen deactivates when summoning, leading to the player often choosing between his sorcerer skills and his others classes’

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow:

:pill: Buy campfires, carry SP potions or propose marriage to a Kabbalist. Use your campfire whenever you use summon servant :cat2: and sit while he uses its buffs, meow.

Solution: Sp locks are supposed to not let you afk farm (templeshooter is not a Z-bot, he is too strong for that) so as suggestion, Summoning gets an attribute at C3 which let you regen your SP, but increase the SP drain by (50%/100%) and gives to the summoned devil a timer(5/10 min max) which after he vanishes and you have to summon a new one.

Description: Evocation is bad and I should feel bad for lvling it

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow::bow_and_arrow:

:pill: Current Workaround: If you find, please tell me, but I do love watching bosses explode.

Solution: Chooses between of the devil’s skills randomly and use it before exploding. Set both the chosen skill and the explosion to scale with: Skill lv, Attribute lv and boss patk/matk(including card level). This gives options to chosing and leveling other cards and makes the skill worth to get at rank 7. Don’t forget to balance it’s base damage and cooldown properly.

Description: Controller users don’t have a way to unsummon quickly.

Problem level: :bow_and_arrow:

:pill: Current Workaround: leave the mouse in the spot the Summoning buff usually stays in second row, so you can fast cancel it.

Solution: Put an reconfigurable input in the key configs for unsummoning, like backspace is for return for quests.

Problem level: (greater is worse/ max 5)
Description: (brief description of the problem/ concern)
Current workaround (an way to work with the current state)
Solution (optional): (if you have something in mind, please share, but don’t be restrained to it as the ultimate solution)

8 Likes

Summoner SP regen is a HUGE problem. However, your solution would allow someone to AFK and macro a resummon every 5 minutes.

What I suggest is:

Summon timer even at circle 1; your summoned monster only lasts 5 minutes. A TWO MINUTES cooldown begins either when the timer runs out, or you manually unsummon the devil.

What does this do? Well, 1. it means that you have 2 minutes of vulnerability, so afk farming isn’t possible, you’d get gunned down by monsters. 2. it might make it worthwhile to invest in the fire devil summon to use while your devil summon is on cooldown.

Re-enable SP regen, or at least half SP regen.

Suddenly get knock back while summoning demon, you fail to summon but your skill cooldown, you teleport to report quest while your demon is far away from you, world boss kill your demon after you summoned it for 30 seconds… Enjoy your 2 minutes down time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The point is: the focus of the class and the reason most people chooses it is Summoning, we play around it and we need it, if by any means that boss gets killed before its 1 min cooldown (it happens a lot without healer) we have to work with the others’ classes skills.

I see Salamion as one of those useless skills… you see… EVERY class has at least one useless skills, why wouldn’t we?(it has its uses in blinding people in pvp tho)

So just use your other skills. You have FOUR classes before sorcerer, you have plenty of other skills to use while waiting for the cooldown to be up. Including another pet you could summon.

Also, being interrupted is not an unsummon and would not trigger the cooldown.

It happened to me a lot of times when I does missions (mostly when summoing salamion, demon got interrupt few times), push, knockback still somehow interrupt summoning/salamion and trigger the cooldown.

You’re talking about the current system which cooldowns a skill when it is used. This is completely irrelevant to my suggestion, which suggested a cooldown after unsummon, not when summoning.

can any sorcerer C2 confirm this for me?
Back in icbt2 when you used Hold to send to the devil to a position, Ride, use a skill and jump out of the summon, he would stay at his position and not attack anymore. The workaround was to use Hold again. Is this still there to these days?

If the spot has aggressive mobs they can’t afk farm even without restriction, if it haven’t he just sets up 7 min instead of 5 in his macro program ‘-’(5 +2 of said cooldown). The problem is in the macro, which is an 3rd party program and bannable.

Horrible suggestion, I would rather drink Condensed SP Potions every 5 minutes to keep my summon up forever than dealing with a 2 min downtime…

ok I didn’t read careful but I still don’t like this idea, what about quest teleport? What if you do dungeon then your skill cooldown before boss fight? What if your summon stuck somewhere like those stairs from mage tower…?

This would help AFKer with macro save a lot of gold.

Just summon then sit down and set a camp fire.

There is no dancing around this issue. Anything that results in a 100% uptime of your summon without a massive drain will result in AFK farming. The only way you can avoid AFK farming is if there’s a cooldown or a drain.

Now what you COULD do is alter how the loot from a monster killed by your summon behaves. For example, no auto-pick up, you have to run to the loot to collect it, that way someone can’t sit down and have their devil kill everything without moving. But even that can be programmed into a bot.

You could also do what WoW did and make it so that if your pet did 100% of damage you get no loot or exp. This isn’t a very good idea though because a summoner’s pet can one-shot mobs.

If Z -botters are discussed between being bannable or not, do imagine macro users?

In-game macros shouldn’t allow infinite loop. Outside macros shouldn’t be legal and banned. If someone can macro to re-summon, they they macro to use heal while auto-attacking as a cleric.

That leads to another discussion, which is not the point of the thread. We suffer for the RMT’s and botters already, we are suggesting improvement, not restriction because of those ppl.

Improvements are good but game balance has to be kept in mind. If a sorcerer can AFK for six hours in a spot and leave their temple shooter to kill everything, it’s not fair for every other class. It’s zero effort.

Honestly I’d be fine if they just let us keep a small portion of SP regen just so summons last a bit longer, but I’m not interested in AFK Farming: The Class.

but but… the timer was in the suggestion since the thread start :cry:[quote=“DogeSummoner, post:1, topic:191782”]
SP, but increase the SP drain by (50%/100%) and gives to the summoned devil a timer(5/10 min max)
[/quote]

A timer isn’t enough because you can just download an autoclicker that will click on your resummon skill every 5/10 minutes.

Or a key pusher.

Neither of these things are illegal or detectable. Hell, Win10 has the functionality to push a key for you every X time as a built-in feature.

Don’t play Sorcerer, can’t give comments on topic, but I gave a like nevertheless - just for the super well done formatting of your post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see… Win 10 you bad boy :rage:

but I still don’t agree with the cooldown, I wouldn’t choose sorcerer if I had to wait 2 every 5 minutes… geez people are raging over the sp regen lock, imagine if they couldn’t use the skill at all.

@Brobbulus lol, thanks GP xD

I don’t understand why you want to nerf Sorc that much…
You know that Necromancer can already AFK farm, right ?

1 Like

I just hope they can code something like this

Enable mana recovery if character stand up
Disable mana recovery if character in rest mode

Summoner get a stack of debuff every 5 second, if summoner move for 3 seconds, 2 stacks will be remove.

Each stack will increase 10 mana drain.

It’s easier to spot bot when they move.

1 Like

The topic is good, the idea of incresed cooldown after unsummon is stupid.

3 Likes