Tree of Savior Forum

Help/question/info - Sorcerer card summons ~ Auto attack only? Wth?

Nope, I don’t know precisely, but you have to be between one of the most damage dealers or be in their party.

Camp his spawns and start attacking him as soon as he spawns it will take a while until the 200’s arrival.

Not sure which one are you using, yesterday on my party a sorcerer was using a Necroventer style boss card, and he was casting skills. He was using something similar to the wiz earthquake.

The Ai’s(pets, summon, companion, etc) is horrid, give it sometime, i remember in RO it was terrible until DR, Azzy(a player) made his custom one that later got adopted as the default.

That said, i think the Templeshooter has a decent working AI that why it seems to be the most popular.

that’s my point. if you’d done a little research on the class, you would have known what to expect. it’s not like an NA style game where you’re more or less guaranteed an effective build because they automatically hand-feed you all the important points.

instead they assume you are intelligent, capable, and (possibly most important) interested in learning about the game (both in the playing sense, and in the meta sense (mechanics, classbuilding, etc)). they then step back, and give you the room and freedom to experiment.

you have the obvious builds; Str swords for attack strength. Dex swordie for crits. Int for Mages. Spr for clerics. Str/dex builds, int/spr caster builds. so on.

or you can make something weird, just for the fun of it.
full-Str cleric? sure why not. (i have one, and damn, they may not be the heaviest hitter, but they sure are persistent. she doesn’t stop till her armor needs repairs.)
different class at every rank? sure, why not. you might get something that actually synergizes surprisingly well, or it might just be a lot of widely independent classes.
full-Con mage? uh, ok, i guess if you want to. nobody’s guaranteeing it will be good, but you’re welcome to try it if you want.

add to that, each class has its better and worse ranks.
Krivis C3 - it really doesn’t add much to the Krivis, unless you just want more points to spend on skills from the earlier ranks.
Swordie C2, C3 - compared to the alternatives available, they just don’t add much.

and so on.

so yea, the joke kind of -is- on you, for just assuming, and not checking up on what a class needs or when it gets good

@treefosavior that would be something nice; allowing players to make their own AI scripting for pets and summons.
i think the whole deal with the Temple Shooter is simply that it’s ranged, so it doesn’t have to wander right up to enemies, meaning less time wandering around doing nothing.

1 Like

Thats necroventer’s auto attack.
The funny thing is, there would be useful cards if all auto attacks worked the way they are visualized. I have several cards which have a pretty huge aoe splash visually, but the attack itself does not match with the visuals.
Some are in fact so bugged, that they start to attack and while attacking, they are not hitting anything since the range and the attack’s range is mismatching.

Your point is simply wrong. No player should be inclined to expect that classes are in a trash state.
If i would go into a game with that kind of logic, i wouldnt get past installment because i would cancel it to hell, the flawed, bugged, unplayable pre-alpha ■■■■ it is.

Please try to understand the meaning of your own words. You are literally implying that everyone should do a deep research on classes because its possible that none of them work.
a.) That in itself is ridiculous and draws a picture of ToS as trash.
b.) It takes extreme amount of work to get detailed information on in-depth mechanics of tos. Information is not just 2 clicks away, for everyone to read.
If i were to ask you for a detailed description of all sorcerer card summons, you could crap your pants till you could throw up barely half of em.

i’ve never heard anyone say that all of sorcerer is trash.

if it were entirely trash, why would so many people be rolling it?

i am not implying anything. i specifically stated: do your research to learn WHEN a class GETS GOOD.
some classes, like @DogeSummoner pointed out, have really crap starting circles.
other classes have awesome starts, but really lame higher circles.

oh god yes, it’s so hard to google things, and search these forums right here.
man, i must be some kind of magic god to have all that information at my fingertips that clearly, no one else can access.

detailed description of sorcerer card summons, as quoted from somewhere else on here: “they all suck. get Temple Shooter.”

here’s a really hard to find post (yep, a whole minute, half of which was browsing the thread itself.) detailing a good chunk of at least the common cards:

another thread, about sorc’s in general, again from the same search: Sorcerer’s Grimoire (Sorcerer skill guide)

they are, of course, dated back to november, so ymmv, patches happen, etc.
it’s not quite 2 weeks since the game was released, and we only have exclusive access so far.
sure, the endless swarms of guide-writers haven’t gotten into the game yet, but that doesn’t mean basic info is -that- hard to find.

I read it’s top 6 highest players that dealt the most damage. The members of their party also get the loots.

I think it drops only 10 cubes max, but yeah, something like that.

Then go on, give me an indepth description of all sorcerer summons.
Because unlike you i did google stuff, i did search and i know that we are full with mixed information from 2 versions and altogether 4 CBTs.

Dude.
a.) Just a moment ago you were gloating about how easy it is to find information, and then this is your summation.
b.) Yes, there is probably absolutely nothing wrong with sorcerer if your entire description of summons can be summarized with “they all suck”.

Read it already. Explains mechanics, doesnt tell a damn thing about the summons which i requested from you.

So here is the next question for you:
Did i hurt your pride somewhere along the line?
Did i say something that set you into defensive mode where you are no longer able to admit that your argument has pretty damn deep cracks in it and is in fact broken in two?
Because if i did then sorry.
If i didnt then stop contradicting yourself and use your brain.

try to learn your class before you jump in…

2 Likes

Sorc isn’t COMPLETE trash we have cat buffs which are great. (I’m just consoling myself I’m dead inside for choosing Sorcerer over something useful.

Try to learn the fact that its in alpha state with 1/4 of the cards barely working 1/30 being op as ■■■■, reducing the entire system to 2-3 cards altogether?
Told the guy somewhere above: If i went into a game expecting that everything is broken, i wouldnt play it to begin with. The argument that ppl should expect ■■■■ to be not working is retarded.

Everybody loves the kitty.
Even if its called russian blue.

Wait wait wait… field bosses ONLY drop for the top 6 DPS? That’s a load of crap and needs changed. Although honestly the other summons should be tweaked to be more useful on the topic of sorcerer but…

How is a sorcerer going to even get said cards to begin with if they can’t compete with regular DPS assuming they’re pyro meaning their fireball gets swatted away immediately.

Just for non sorcerer players to know there’s very little up to date info on summons and how they work. Most of the info on the forums is from the CBT and somewhat out of date and some summons there is little to no info at all on. On the upside when i hit sorc c2 later today i will be making videos of every summon i have and their abilities so others don’t have to suffer lol

I don’t see why you’re so upset at other people? Like, you made an assumption (even if it was subconscious) that summons would be able to do certain things. You didn’t look into that. You were wrong. I mean, I don’t wanna be a jerk, but that’s not really anyone else’s fault but your own?

You can say that IMC did a bad job with the summoner class, and that it doesn’t live up to the fantasy of being a summoner. But that’s an entirely different discussion than “I ranked into a class and it’s not what I expected.”

1 Like

We want programmable AI for the Sorc’s devil °°

… At that point maybe it should just become like Digimon World’s attack system. Well the remake I mean, that also had the command to position your digimon, block, use attacks, etc.

You’d think with a complex build/class system like tos people would spend 1 minute of their time to look at the class they are choosing.

Sorcerer is definitely not in a trash state. If played well, it is very powerful.

1 Like