Tree of Savior Forum

Satire on how the Sorcerer class works!

**Below is a satire on how the Sorcerer class works. It maybe outdated now. But, it’s still useful for helping beginners understand the class flaws in great detail. **
Comment on what’s changed or outdated below if you want. As much as this is a joke it is also a guide. Hence the length.

What you want a non-satire version?:expressionless::
arnanv_2’s Compilation Guide
soramaru’s post (Might be a bit outdated but still a good start for beginners):thumbsup:

For those of you still remaining maybe read it in parts? :sweat_smile:

Let’s first look at the mechanics of how our El Diablo works:

Card: :stars: You’ll be able to collect Demon type boss cards. Gotta catch’em all, Pkmons! Congratulations, you’ve entered the TCG class. Each card has a bunch of stars on top, indicating their rank in HELL! Cards can upgraded by a star, using another card as an ingredient to upgrade. Before you complain remember that you’ll need two of the same rank in order to go to the next higher rank. Each boss that you summon will have different status, attack, skill pattern and grudges.

Where do you get them? :scream: Can you buy them? Nope. Can you find them? Nope. Can you get them after killing random sh*t repeatedly? Hell Yeah! Every boss or at least 99% of them have a card with their beautiful portraits on it . There are 114 cards at the moment. So for those people who want to complete their Pkdex, good luck. So sell/fuse/trade/lick them if you want and trade them with frnds. With a chance of 1 drop with every 10,000 kills for a boss. Yeah, good luck finding those again! For those of you who want to take to the skies here are some ones that always fly: Biteregina, Chafer, Sparnas. You might have to become a Necro to use them.

NOTE: :love_letter: All Demons are stereotypical (RGB:000). Do you like their features on their cards? Thought it was cool? You’re not getting any of that! Not at all! All you can summon are their shadows. Except this guy, he’s always like that. Though if any of you manage to catch that one in color, then by all means please do inform me. I’ll update the database to include a shiny. It better change someday because I doubt this is :crown: dom :heart:s

Grimoire: :six_pointed_star: is a menu (Pkdex) for holding your Devil cards. You can put any demon type boss card into it. Main and Sub card can be switched through your persona skill: “morph” using your evoker. Yes, while it is only possible to summon one Demon boss, you can do one demon boss from sorcerer, necromancer and familiar, salamion and servant all at the same time. Ouch that SP drain!) :cold_sweat:

1.Summoning-Lv15 max :trident:
Summoning the Devil himself? You summon this bad boy from your main grimoire slot. As we increase the skill level, so does the Atk/Def of our Boss Monster increase. Whether this is physical atk/def or Magic depends on the Demon boss.These guys also have skills with cooldowns and you’ll sometimes see them using it on mobs or bosses and at the most critical times fail, like in any boss fight! Instead of using their own SP, they drain yours. So your SP regen will die and your SP will slowly vanish. And your summon will be disappear once SP turn into 0, you’re dead or it dies. Some of them look like the grim reaper: Chappartion,Mudge :skull:

2. Attack Ground-Lv1 max :footprints:
You can basically move a magic circle on the ground to order your Demon Boss and Salamion to move to that area and annihilate your enemies on it, while standing on it. Yes, they’ll get inside the circle and start staring at the ground, waiting for someone to step inside, so they can deal with them. Aptly named “Attack Ground!”. But, your little devils and their noble commander(devil boss) will automatically attack any mobs as it follows you. Often at times wandering very far awaaaaayyy! So you don’t need this skill to make them attack. This skill is meant to give the dumb things some priorities on whom to attack. It never learns! Foolish demons and their stupid commander! :japanese_goblin:

3. Ride-Lv1 max :wheelchair:
You can ride your Demon Boss’ head, back, tail or hand (depends on the boss’ tolerance of your insolence!). Basically if someone attacks you now they’ll only be hitting the boss instead. It will hurt them a lot, but don’t worry they have very high HP and they can afford to die. Your boss will attack enemies as usual, while you comb his hair on top. Yes, it’s a bit of a problem with the horns and you won’t be able to cast while riding, due to this reason. Though this is the worst way to kill mobs, you guys will try this anyway so press the ‘Z’ button so your boss can attack in extreme slow motion. The good part is you can use all of your hellspawn’s skills, while riding safely on top. While your stamina won’t go down, your SP will and quite fast too (like when the ifan reaches 11% battery). It’s an expensive ride after all. You’re lucky it doesn’t take your soul for it and just SP.

4. Variation-Lv 1 max :couple:
You can pretty up you Demon Boss by combining it with another holy abomination. If you’ve ever wished: “I wish I could have the skills of two abominations into one super abomination”, then this is for you, psychos! Stats won’t change though, but the appearance will be of your new hideous Demon Boss with the Old Demon Boss’ skills on top of it’s own. Also you can do this with the same bosses on top of each other. Yes, demons can fuse with themselves! Pretty weird right? So do this in case you have absolutely no mercy, won’t put it out of it’s misery and want to see it suffer over and over again, then this will fill it’s HP right away.

5. Hold-Lv 1max :raised_hands:
Ever wanted the Devil as you’re personal bodyguard, now you can with the coolest sounding skill name ever! HOLD! Though it will only roam a little bit around the area you select with your enchanted fairy circle. The moment the enemy comes within range it will move in to attack. If you want to be guarded then you’ll have to be within that circle. Or else it’ll guard that piece of ground ,over it’s master’s life (Such a devil!). If you go too far from the guarding area though, it will follow you. Can be used with both Demon Boss and Salamion. :dancers:

6. Summon Familiar-Lv15 max. :space_invader:
Ever wondered where the spirits of your dead friends went? To hell of course! But now you can summon them, so that they can go flying to the enemy, kill themselves and go back to hell, where they came from. All this in an instant and it’s homing. See your friends did something with their life afterall! Even though they are supposed to be spirits they take the form of bats and help you keep Gotham safe. You won’t have to specifically instruct your many friends to kill themselves, they just do it anyway! Help them out in their short journey of life by leveling up this skill. It helps in increasing the number of friends who wish to die! Yes, fifteen friends is possible with lv15 of this skill. This atk is constant. Though the Skill Simulator doesn’t currently know exactly how much the atk is, so it shows a constant zero for the moment. Just like my friends! :massage:

7. Summon Salamion-Lv 15 max :crocodile:
Remember that one Lv17 Boss Salamander? Well now pay it back multiple times, by enslaving it’s kids, the Salamion. This “creature” deals fire damage to your foes like it’s mom (Mom is now their foe now, you cruel and heartless monster!). But, what is interesting is that by increasing your child enslaving skill level you can increase it’s monster level: this scales Salamion’s base damage/defense accordingly, plus increase the additional damage it can dish out. But sometimes their light is so dazzling that their foes have a 10% chance to go blind. Bring sunglasses or else it might back fire. Their other attribute skill is Spontaneous combustion leaving their enemies with a burn 10% of the time.:wink:

8. Summon Servant-Lv 5 max :pouting_cat:
They provide a bunch of support effects. When these Clerics, I mean kat’s are summoned they use up all your SP and not kitty food like I thought they would. P.S: If you want them to stay then feed them “Box of Food for Stray Cat” or else they’ll leave you** :scream_cat: !!! All the support they dish out is using your pool of SP. So once it reaches zero they go to kat heaven! Increasing this skill level will increase the effects these priest provide. Also, you might be wondering why is their max lv5. Well, this is because these little guys do such a great job that IMC was scared of turning this into a Cleric class. Please, appreciate all the things these little guys do for you, while they last.
The duration for some of them are decent enough, as long as you are not using other spells too. :+1:

9.Evokation-Lv 5 max :middle_finger:
Awwww is your demon equipped in your secondary slot feeling left out? Don’t worry this time it’s all about him. Use ‘Evokation’ so that you can summon him and get rid of that nuisance once in for all. Watch as you self-righteously command him to sacrifice his life for you, while he breaks down in tears. In 55 seconds you can use another one.:grinning:

10.Desmodus-Lv 5 max :boom:
No, you are all mistaken. There is a huuuuuuge difference between Desmodus and Summon Familiar. The first one is ‘blood-sucking exploding bats’ instead of just ‘exploding bats’. Yeah real original IMC! Keep it up! :expressionless: Don’t know why you would need two but you can think of Summon Familiar as a time bomb that guard you, while Desmodus is instant kamikaze with higher dmg.

PROS: :relaxed: While summons have very high HP(looking at you Mr. El Diablos boss!), various and flexible skills, helps in tanking, provides a luxurious ride, does healing and support(Mr. Katman)…

CONS: :scream: They are still pretty stupid and don’t always do what you tell them to. Some times their soul leaves for hell early and you are stuck with their hollow body left on the field, getting swamped by tons of mobs, all while still leeching away on your SP. Then you’ll have to call them again and make a new contract, with tons of more SP. IMC needs to reform their hell division or I’ll have to file a lawsuit! They also don’t have any good DPS attacks, so It will be a tank at most for PvPs. The duration people say along with using other skills are not worth it! This is a more of a balanced class and doesn’t excel in anything. If you want a more DPS oriented summon then go for Necro instead.

So if DPS is your only concern and you hate fashion, impressing the opposite gender, hate TCG games, hate having a fancy ride or having companions at all then this is not for you!

:point_up: Note :point_up:: All content above holds true for the time that it was written, but is subject to change in the future versions/patches. No Demons nor Kittens were hurt during the making of this article.

10 Likes

A bit too long for a joke.

7 Likes

Yet still amusing… No, I didn’t read the whole thing.

^^ nice wall of text.
Would read again. So now to bed… 3am…

you forgot to talj about the cricle 3 skills:
desmodus summon the familiars famili lokking for revenge ( a giant swarm of bloodsucking bats) that deal lots of damage.
Evocation uses a skill from the secondary boss on the grimory.

on circle 3 you can get tose for salamion:

also the sp problem can be solved by selling your soul (aka lots of silver on it)

1 Like

@erickmuinos Thanks I added it to the guide.:thumbsup:

It’s also meant to be a guide as well. Hence the length. Mostly about the class flaws though.

other is summons drain you % of your sp every time so about the stats; if you want to be a pure sorcerer u dont have to put stats on SPR onli full INT and some stats on CON, get many many pots of SP to dont get down when you sp is below of 10%

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No, many other class needs nerfs or buffs to balance them out. Sorcerer and Necro are a bit different. They are pretty balanced the only problem is these classes depend more on a good A.I than stat balances. Right now the A.I is wonky at best. But like all things in a new game it is expected. I’d say if you like a summon class go for it. As the game progresses the A.I will undoubtedly improve.

Someone please correct me if this bug has been fixed. There was this problem where your boss summon would go and attack inanimate objects over the game boss many times. That just left you fighting the game boss solo. Then someone here joked on how this might have been a mechanic to find hidden traps but it went wrong. These sort of things are expected. So all I ask is if you like sorcerer go for it, but just don’t go in expecting the A.I won’t cause any frustrations.

2 Likes

I’d like to see the following things fixed/changed in sorcerer class:

1. As @NekoNyanpire mentioned that it’s pretty much useless investing in SPR and better to invest in INT or CON since all these summons drain % of your SP rather than constant SP. This means that no one will ever become good in controlling a large number of summons or keep the summons for very long even if they are a high lv player. In my opinion a lv280 sorcerer should be able to control the class a lot better than a lv 140 sorcerer. I’d like to see this become constant SP.

2. There are a crap load of restrictions in trading items, selling items. IMC said it would be a little different for the international version. I’d like to see how. Unlike other classes Sorcerer and Necro purely depend on gaining strong Boss cards and secondary ones. The drop rates are pretty slim, they can’t be brought. 1 drop per 10,000 boss kill drop rate from some bosses are overkill and on top of that a person who may never become a Sorcerer or Necro might get them Boss card drops are the rarest things in the game and this classes bread and butter. Majority of the cards are very rare.

3. They decided unlike companion classes: Falconer and Hunter to give each demon personality types with highly varied attacks. This is a nice concept but this class will also need a lot of work put in to make the A.I at the level of the ones in Falconer or Hunter. At least this point I know they are working on it.

Hello _Vahn,

Do you think is necessary to have a more powerfull character to get the boss cards and exchange with the Sorcerer character? I mean, for example, have a Elementalist C 3 to kill the bosses and exchange the cards with the Sorcerer? Or else, have a specific player like pardoner/achemist to make money and buy these cards?

I’m thinking in a viable solution. I like so much Sorcerer, and I’m seeing many videos on the Youtube about this. Definitely, I want this one to be my main class. (I have never played ToS before)

Thank you so much for your attention!

[quote=“alexscjava, post:13, topic:154479”]
Do you think is necessary to have a more powerfull character to get the boss cards and exchange with the Sorcerer character? I mean, for example, have a Elementalist C 3 to kill the bosses and exchange the cards with the Sorcerer? Or else, have a specific player like pardoner/achemist to make money and buy these cards?
[/quote]But you cannot “trade” or buy cards at all. The only way to transfer them from one character to another is “win” them in card battle which is 100% random and you might end with your sorcerer with no cards and character that doesnt need cards at all with all of them.

At least character that cant use them for skills at all can use them as fodder for gem enhancing.

One way to circumvent that “randomness” is to create 2 exactly same sorcerers, play cardbattle between them until one of them is out of cards, scrap him and play the other one.

Oh and you can get cards from dungeon/world bosses’ cubes with some chance.

1 Like

Hello nizidr,

After your answer I’ve got the following conclusion:
1-Play a lot with my Sorcerer in dungeons and etc.
2-Enjoy the boss cards I get and do the best with him.
3-Get some TP to help buying pots, and scrolls to kill these bosses.

I don’t want to be a robot playing ToS only to get boss cards and doing two or more characters only to benefit my main character(on the stressful way), I want to get it naturally. If the card I have at the beginning is not good, it’s ok. I want to get these cards on the fun way. Enjoying everything and each card (the skills of the card and etc…).

Thank you so much for your attention!

You dont have to be robot. Also you dont have to gather and level ALL cards - the whole OP’s rant was based on that, you can choose one (usualy Temple Shooter due to his ranged AoE double autoattack) and stick to it. Once you max one card you can focus on another in your secondary slot etc.

1 Like

Title “it’s a joke”

Me : interesting…

Come in…

“WALL OF TEXT IN YOUR FACE!!”

Me : WTF

1 Like

Well that’s the joke. It’s a satire now!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ok, I agree with you! Focus is the best option. Well observed! Thank you so much!

The problem isn’t that you won’t get any cards. You’ll get a couple by the time you get to rank 6 lv:175+ you 'll at least have a couple. The only problem is if it’s any good. The only fix to this is to put up a decent card trade system. Something I don’t see IMC doing anytime soon.

The card game is broken and there isn’t any way to fix it. Think about this. If they put in some rules for it where the higher your card stats are (eg. atk or stars) the better your odds of winning then those with already good cards (high lv sorcerers) will get them all, while those who barely have any good ones and are just starting out and need it the most will get it all taken away from them. So the gap between the haves and have nots will just widen. So IMC implemented a random system since luck is fair. We can see how well that turned out. Everyone is afraid to gamble away their cards on a chance. You’d be hard pressed to find anybody willing to play with you other than the ignorant.

If you notice IMCs ways you’ll see that they are trying everything they can so as to not be dealing with any sort of in game economy. They don’t want to be dealing with inflation or black market purchasing (with real money) of gold/items by whales (rich folks) and end up with a skewed player base that will eventually leave; things all free-to-play games face. So they are trying their best to restrict trades heavily. These are lots of hard issues to deal with and no easy solutions. This is one of the few reasons I won’t be trying Sorcerer or Necro anytime soon. But, if you love it you should go ahead. Eventually some sort of solution will arise.

Can anybody gift me a Temple shooter card at Klaipeda server? If you don’t need it. Please))))