Tree of Savior Forum

🍄 Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! 🍄

I think archers need to show the rest of the Tree of Savior players we are in-fact the master race! Here are a couple of builds that you might enjoy playing. If anyone has other builds on their mind, by all means contribute! Let’s make archers a thing what with all those monks and mages and warrior builds around ^^

The name says it all, Archer to start you out with some nice damage with oblique shot, keeping full draw at lvl 7 allows us to insta cast a lvl 1 full draw which does a very good knockback if needed, multi shot doesn’t need to be explained and neither does swift step.
Hunter because the pet can actually be very strong if used correctly. Rush dog auto-activation is a cherry on top. Notice how I don’t use all skill points from c1’s and only do it after I enter c2? It’s because I want the strong skills as soon as possible.
Wugushi because not only does it grant you very strong single target damage, it also gives you a very strong aoe with throwing gu pot to help your companion deal with large numbers of enemies.

Wugushi Schwarzer Reiter with similar concept as the first build but throw gu pot left on lvl 1 as a deterrent in pvp mostly. I leave oblique shot at lower levels because otherwise you’d use up SP far too fast. Focused more on wugushi single target abilities because lo and behold you can’t really use gu pot in normal combat unless you dismount/remount which isn’t impossible just annoying really.
Schwarzer reiter wugushi synergy is that the SR counterpart allows you to be very mobile while wugushi helps out with bossing immensively. It is also a very strong concept in pvp, which allows you a somewhat guerilla warfare since you’re hard to catch and you can put poisons on your enemy ( plural if with a linker ) and just hide away.

As the name indicates, it’s your typical run of the mill rogue. Once again, you keep oblique low until you’re confident in your sp pool / sp recovery to handle you spamming it. I left cloaking at 1 mostly because of the fact that you’re not supposed to sit in it for half the goddamn game ^^ I’d change this build significantly if one of the rumours I heard is confirmed which is : Apparently feint has an attribute that gives you a 75% chance to backstab an opponent. I’m not convinced that’s how it works but if it does, well Rogue would be damn OP so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. Lachrymator provides blind which is quite OP in it’s own right and deals some damage with the attribute. Vendetta seems lackluster but if you think about it for a moment, with a strength build and good weapons, my estimate would be you will hit around 700 physical attack+. That means your party gets a buff for 210 strength. The buff doesn’t last awfully long and the skill is hard to use to say the least, but the buff is nothing to scoff at. Alternative would be to go more into feint and simply destroy your enemy’s accuracy. If neither is your choice, you can put those points into sneak hit instead. Capture is there to steal safety zones from under monks asses ( hi steparu! ) ^^
Edit: changes to rogue build included for the less experienced.

Edit2: Adding Hunting Rogue!

The idea is that in PvE pet simply helps you level up tremendously - as rogue doesn’t exactly get much in terms of PvE proficiency. In PvP however pet enables the rogue to be even more of a pesky bastard with retrieve, rushdog spam and coursing. It’s really more of an annoyance based build which was the actual stalker from RO’s job, so a lot of CC, debuffs and some potential for amazing damage if you actually manage to pull a backstab off.

Edit3: adding typical bow archer.

Edit4: adding the wugushi compendium for those interested. Also, shoutout to @Midnightmare for sharing his wisdom ^^

10 Likes

What do u think about my build?

I know it’s kinda weird since i just use rank 1 and rank 2 class

Sadhus would like to talk to you

dude put that cloaking to lvl5 so that after it comes of the ksill has finished CD

35 sec duration since on 35 sec CD.

Ugh Archer privilege.

Sadhu Player

There’s no reason to have it on lvl 5, unless you want to outstat yourself. Yes, the cd and duration covers itself, and it does have some uses, like popping a new one after a kill. If someone uses those builds they’re welcome to change them to their preference. If cloaking bonus to damage would transfer to skills aswell, I wouldn’t think twice. Then again the scout counterpart has so many trash skills other then that you might just be right in saying the other ones aren’t even putting points into ^^

And what’s this about sadhus?

@PoohVz I don’t know much about rangers, but I had an idea in mind for a ranger into SR build to focus on AoE damage, with high anchoring and SR skills you could pretty adequately pull and destroy stacks of mobs by yourself. Not that an SR can’t do it as is, but that would give you an additional leverage I guess.

With that said I’d go Archer C2 ( for the full draw insta cast ), Ranger C3 since you want that and then SR. Basically I think without being an SR being an AoE machine might backfire as you might not be fast enough to stack mobs on foot.
Edit: You can use ranger skills with a crossbow, right? If so there’s no issues as pistols are offhand now, and actually give quite a nice boost to attack on top of that.

Clerics/Sadhus are obviously the master race as they can do everything.

With that said i do have some interest in fletchers lol

1 Like

I’m still consider to get Archer c2 first just for Full draw instance cast, but with lvl 4 it’s almost fast enough so i think i will go Ranger C3 with for more AOE skills.
Good thing is Archer C1 have oblique shot now.

Well, you would still have archer c2 and ranger c3, just that instead of taking a c3 archer as your last rank I’d go into SR because frankly, archer would never give you the amount of damage boost as SR do, and you get other benefits at the same time.

I actually wanted to make a 4th build in there aswell which would illustrate an AoE SR which would basically be what I’m advising for you but I never read that much about rangers ( mostly because of my fascination with rogues if I’d be honest ).
Edit: at the same time since you’re not levelling steady aim past lvl 5, I’d drop it entirely as at that point it’s more of a debuff then a buff. I’d put those 5 free points straight into high anchoring so that you don’t have to change your build otherwise.

Has ranger gotten better? i played it on the first ICBT and it was pretty bad then.

Well, since i’m a big fan of Archer i wanna test this build in this CBT.
And i will think again about steady aim.

Sadhu are range magic support healer DPS with quasi teleport and invulnerability depending on build.

thus Sadhu are ToS’s master race.

1 Like

I’ve never, even for a split second considered playing one. And that’s coming from someone who played a sharpshooter sniper in RO. Now that I think about it, that might actually be the reason why. It seems underwhelming in comparison to how I’d like to see an AoE archer. Sapper seems pretty much the same as a trapper did in RO, but I feel like ranger needs a buff.

I’d expect someone who uses so much of his SP pool to deal AoE damage that their AoE damage would actually allow them to level effectively. Maybe the rangers I saw were simply dex rangers, that do not realize that they need to actually go str instead so that their aoe is actually effective. And so I go onto youtube and look for ranger vids. And I find something like this:

And then I think to myself, they can’t be that weak, cmon give me a strong ranger. I find something higher levelled ( and no idea how he got 2 companions either as he has no hunter nor falconer skills on his hotbar … )

It really does seem very underwhelming for me, but as I said that might be the simple error of stat distribution which makes those rangers look weak so I won’t be judging them on that and try to make one for myself in the upcoming beta.

Until you realize Cannons and pistols are subweapons. and musketeers are armed with rifles.

I liked what I saw on saddhu, but I made this post to promote archers rather then compare e-penises. Simply a response to the ever growing influx of cleric/warrior/mage builds to show people that there is also another, maybe a bit less popular choice, that does have potential.

2 Likes

Cannons in IMC granado espada are annoying its like being a mage with physical damage.

In the musketeer skills there is a Snipe, if this is the same skill in granado espada. its a long casting time single target rifle attack with huge burst damage.

ill go for archer archer archer sapper rogue rogue … wish me luck

But but but i have the biggest e-penis.

Also on the first beta i went 50-50 str dex with ranger and the whole time i was thinking i wish i stayed archer or chose sapper but i haven’t been watching the patch notes for rangers so maybe they got some love since then.

Good, can’t wait to see them in-game, some splash damage would be nice.

@thokxz good luck friend, you’re gonna need it ^^

@thebloodyaugust That bad huh? I haven’t been paying attention to ranger patch notes as playing as one never truly entered my mind. It was a rogue at first, then some hunter ideas, then wugushi and SR after the recent changes.

Thinking to go someway like archer 2-sapper 2-fletcher 2

Maybe 5 points from Broadhead to Magic Arrow.

I’d suggest keeping oblique at 3 and getting full draw to 7. Here’s a mushroom of approval! :mushroom: