Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi R3 Feedback

Btw, does poison damage level up with the skill or just the initial damage? Like you’re throwing a gu pot on lvl 1 and on lvl 5, is poison damage going to be different?

1 Like

I think it should be different . The initial damage would scale with STR .
That’s why we need equipment that add poison damage like viper bow to get stronger . :smiley:

I won’t get a poison crossbow as far as I’m aware. And that’s what I’m going to be using when I will go into SR, together with a pistol.

Would be nice if they would introduce such items, until then we’re fukt.

Fletcher is a fine choice, SR is just what I prefer due to the high damage of limacon and the extra stats from mounting classes. I do not consider any class in ToS expensive to run anymore except early-game sapper, but even thats manageable. Fletchers arrows are easy to make and they do very high base damage. I’d say if you’re focusing on fletcher, you want to focus on maximising your ability to damage enemy armor type weaknesses such as with barbed arrow. Fletcher is also a monster in pvp, since lots of people wear cloth type armor.

If I had a choice of up to rank 8 it’d probably have r3 wugushi unless the the other classes outweight the increased duration of poisons and because jincan gus damage isn’t bad. Another aspect of this is that I enjoy DoT classes from personal point of view.

On a single target like wugong gu attack the base damage of 1287 compared to 474 isn’t really a huge difference because needle blows damage by comparison is much higher over it’s duration. Wugong gus spreading mechanic is too flimsy to be counted as an effective multi target attack.
In pve build… i’d be looking at something like maxed needle blow, jincan gu, gu pot and zhendu because I could probably do much higher damage by just using different archer skills, compared to wugong gu. The real reason to get wugong gu is pvp, since you can infect and then run away.

@lajkonikes Poison damage scales with level of the skill directly, and usually alters the duration i.e. needle blow gains one second duration per level. I’m crossing my fingers that the promised poison pot card mechanic lets you bring your poison damage up or scale it in someother way similiar to sorcerers necronomicon system.

As I keep saying, Wugushi needs some changes to make it a powerful class, right now its just lackluster due to lack of scaleable damage. Fletcher and SR I guess, would by far be the strongest archers except for base archer r3 itself.

1 Like

i really appreciate your feedback ! Thanks !!!
So… you changed my mind ! i’m not going Wugushi r3 in this 2nd icbt anymore.

Thats my new build, just for icbt of course…

i’m not sure about the balance between full draw and oblique shot but since its my first progression through the game i think i will not focus 100% on pvp because i did not felt the game yet. Even so i think it still a ok build to play pvp.

what all of you guys think? @lajkonikes @Midnightmare @hizonhan

and a final question about swift step. given the fact that at level 7 you can get full time buff and max critical rate (this one at any level), you think it worth to take level 15? I mean for me i think it’s ok to take because i’m going fletcher (a non mobile class), but for you who is going SR it will worth?

I started a new topic for archers here not to push this one off topic as it contains a real lot of information.

By all means join the discussion there. I need to know more about how you intend to play it though as skills themselves don’t tell me that much. That plus fletcher imo being the stronger class I’d give fletcher another rank. At the same time, one circle in wugushi doesn’t seem enough to bring out it’s power so instead I’d put a hunter at rank 3 and 4. But that’s just my idea. It would be quite powerful if you think about it, retrieve a player while backing away and poking him with fletcher’s skills, I don’t think many people would survive that. At the same time would provide you more uptime in pve since the companion helps quite a bit.

Anyhow, join my other topic.

1 Like

Oblique shot is essentially replaced by barbed arrow, if you were to pvp endgame just take points out of that. Swift step lv 15 is only for convenience, it doesn’t offer a real advantage and can be left at lower levels (I would recommend lower now since oblique got moved to c1). As SR i’d think it more vital to max it since you’d have to dismount to use the buff, so a longer duration means less dismounting.

Builds fine tbh, rank 2 fletcher is also a choice - easily rivals wugushi.

1 Like

What do we think of archer > quarrel shooter > quarrel shooter > wugushi > fletcher > wugushi as a build path? The idea here is to be able to stack Bleeding Shot and poison from Needle blow and Zhendu, while also laying caltrops over the top of Gu Pot aoe’s. The only issue is that bleeding shot and Gu pot can’t level above 5. Will the damage be too low?

You’d honestly be wasting your time trying to bleed you enemies - poison only works because the cumulative damage is actually significant whereas bleed damage tends to be 50s and 60s, it’d simply more efficient to use barbed arrow at that point. Quarrel shooter itself feels very undesirable in general except for rogue, because in terms of damage it offers very little - this is counterbalanced by being good in pvp - stone shots stun is pretty ridiculous.

I’d love to test it but we’ll have to wait until 27th ^^

Damn you make me want to make wugushi/ fletcher instead of my comfy rogue damn you! ^^

But hey, if you get around to making such a build do update me here or on pm on your experience, would love to hear it ^^

Quarrel shooter with fletcher is kind of counter-productive as all the quarrel shooter skills requires crossbow and shield, while fletcher skills requires two-handed bow.

Isnt bleeding str based?

Well the entire point of going with Broadhead arrow over barbed arrow is due to bleed dealing damage over time. I was hoping to stack it alongside the poison skills in order to encourage a hit-and-run playstyle. Hence getting quarrel shooter specifically for the caltrops too. Is there no way of making it stronger? because a quick 2-hit blowdart and broadhead combo seems like it would be nice against single targets.

As far as I can tell, the caltrops have no stance requirement and neither do the Wugushi skills, so all I’d need is a 2H bow for the Broadhead arrow.

How about the hunter skill Snatching? This could be used to more easily poison flying enemies with Gu pot and other ground based skills.

It is, but given the standard amount of strength archers have the bleed doesn’t go up by a lot.

@frustratedsquirrel2 I tested something like this but the bleed damage just didn’t compare well to the poison damage. Caltrops tends to become more of a zoning move, but the damage just isn’t there. My first cbt3 character actually had quarrel shooter but it’s just not worth it for caltrops.

Hunter skills were ridiculously buggy throughout most of the beta, I heard the ai improved but I haven’t made one since then. Someone else would need to try it out. My main concern is that snatching only seems to affect a limited number of enemies.

I’ll try it out no worries ^^ not sure with what yet, possibly a rogue but I will ^^

Thanks for the replies man, you’re a blessing :yum:

Basically what this means though is that poison will fall off eventually as it doesn’t scale up with your stats other then the poison attribute from viper bow and possibly other future weapons. In turn, that would make a wugushi more suited for a dex build.

Bleeding builds on the other hand should be built with str in mind. I’d say bleeding ticks might be strong - but if people do not invest 10 points into the fletcher’s bleed skill and have a weird stat distribution then they won’t get the results that’s for sure. I’m tempted to also test a fletcher, but there’s so many builds I have in mind already that it’s hard to settle on something ^^

Poison falling off past lv 200 is my main concern with wugushi atm.

I’m sure they will introduce other gear to improve the damage. The problem is, there will most likely be better choices for pure attack meaning all your other skills would benefit from the other choice more. Maybe the card system if it eventually is delivered will be the remedy? At least then it would scale with the better boss cards in theory, right?

I’m assuming it’ll scale with card star number similiar to Sorcerer summons.

Probably will, poisons will be strong they won’t leave it as is.

Have you seen the rogue that had the crossbow/dagger set that increased backstab damage by x4? Guy dealt 76k in one backstab ^^

Now thats the type of gear I want to see endgame ^^

Backstabs damage is insane but the setup is also insane - it’s pretty justified.
Stuff like: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/203102/
And: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/203102/
Help make the game more fun.