Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

Iā€™m wondering if this build would work: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/j91xu56mid/
The focus is to rely mainly on the skill Critical Shot for damage,

2 circles of Archer to get Swift Step attribute,
just 1 level in Oblique Shot because Critical Shot will be used instead
but Iā€™m not sure about the utility of Heavy shot and Full Draw.

3 circles of Ranger:
Would Level 15 Steady Aim give a significant gain in dps?
1 Level in Time Bomb for the knock down

Rank 6:
That could be Rogue/Scout/Falconer or maybe Archer C3
With a C1 Rogue Iā€™m think in take advantage of Vendetta to futher improve the Critical Attack.

The stats would be distributed mainly in STR, and a little bit in DEX/CON.

What do you guys think, is this build viable?

Steady aim is a pretty underpowered buff. It doesnā€™t scale at all and honestly until reworked is not worth it. Just look at high level gearā€™s damage and compare it to that skill, 34 bonus damage really doesnā€™t make a difference.

Look at the SP cost of critical shot, you wonā€™t be able to use it to level up. Oblique is the best low level skill for levelling until you get AoE potential from whatever means and thatā€™s mostly because of itā€™s relatively low SP cost. I would still level it gradually as my SP pool/regen increases and not rush into getting it higher.

As to heavy shot utility and full draw, Iā€™ve been told by many people heavy shot is currently much worse then full draw. One thing is full draw can skew monsters together, meaning they share damage and are immobile. Second use of full draw is if you have it levelled past lvl 7, you can tap the skill for an insta cast of a knockback.

Falconer is really bad right now, not only a big as hell SP drain but also the falcon seems to go awry and just live the life of a rebel sometimes. If scoutā€™s cloaking added + 50% damage to your next skill, it might of been worth it. As it is, scout is only worthwhile if youā€™re planning on making some kind of a rogue. And rogue itself with only one rank seems lackluster to say the least. Vendettaā€™s casting time is really high, capture is nice I like the skill and sneak hitā€™s there to improve your critical, nice buff. How about a fletcher instead though?

Iā€™d say if you want criticals without investing much into dex look into crit gems and crit gear. I hope me criticizing basically everything you build helps you somewhat, hereā€™s a mushroom for effort! :mushroom:

Need Feedback for my build

Archer C2 for swift step level 10 crit attrib and oblique+kneeling for leveling
Hunter C1 for additional pet DPS
Scout C1 for survivability(camouflage & cloak)
Fletcher C2 for Awesome Damage
-Broadhead for bleeding additional damage
-Bodkin huge damage + remove wiz reflect shield
-Barbed for additional hits depending on armor type
-Cross fire for huge AOE
For other skills I donā€™t think I need them?

1 Like

Alright, feedback it will be then.

If youā€™re taking hunter, make sure to put 5 points into rush dog. Itā€™s the most spammable and by far the strongest hunter skill, even more since the companion auto-activates rush dog to which the criteria seems to be number of enemies on you. The only other skill thatā€™s important from circle 1 hunter is praise and you have it on 5 so youā€™re good to go there.

Scout for survivalability is a neat idea, Iā€™m interested to see how it will pan out ^^.

As I written in another feedback post above - you donā€™t necessarily need c2 archer. The requirement for the critical bonus has been moved to C1 and lowered to 25% instead. Iā€™d still go C2 archer mostly because oblique, full draw, increased duration on swift step and multishot are worth it. Kneeling + pet seems to be a decent idea for levelling, keep in mind evasion has been severely nerfed in the latest patches, to the point where even a full dex build wouldnā€™t always dodge. Does that mean you canā€™t use kneel shot? No, not at all. If youā€™re worried you can use leather armor and get leather mastery to improve evasion, but Iā€™d assume with a pet and kneeling shot not many things would actually come close to attack you so +1 there.

Fletcher is quite OP, not much more to say there. A class available at rank 5, which skill damage scales the same way if not better then a rank 6 class ( schwarze reiter ). Not much to say about it as you seem to have figured it out. I like magic arrow for countering safety zone, but at the same time there is literally nothing to sacrifice for it Itā€™s also good for bosses as they are not alway very mobile and the damage stacks up fast, but as I said the rest of the fletcher skills are good too so thereā€™s nothing to sacrifice really. Plus since youā€™re a scout, flare shot is literally the same idea but worse. Iā€™d level flu flu and flare shot higher, camouflage is a bitā€¦ meh, but itā€™s just a personal preference and since you have an idea for the build I think itā€™s fine.

Overall, a mushroom of approval for you good sir! :mushroom:

1 Like

thanks a bunch kind sir.

Iā€™ll stick for archer C2 for the same reason as you and now for changes Iā€™ll have to max rush dog and put more points in flu flu for my final build Thanks again! :smiley:

Just remember for kneeling to be good you need a lot of dex. It being moved to C2 and being unable to get it to level 15 as before means itā€™s also going to be not as strong as people made it to be last cbt.

With that in mind, at least when you have a pet you can go to an area a couple levels below you, set yourself up on kneeling shot, hold down Z with a coin and go to sleep ^^ nah, just kidding, a grim reaper boss will spawn and kill you after some time, but hey - free exp if you need to do some chores around the house ^^

yet an archer/hunter of mine defeated them (different persons) many times in the arena, either in a 1v1 situation or in a chaotic situation. I should have felt good to myself for being able to defeat a ā€œmasterā€.

Ranger c3 got buff with Spiral Arrow. It has become a hit-skill instead of buff (saving you some animation time); also itā€™s gotten x 2 charges before going to overheat (used to have no charge) and + 100% attribute damage (used to have no attribute damage).

Steady Aim is buffed (in term of ASPD) although I still do not understand why the bonus has to be flat.

Time Bomb Arrow +50% against Heavy Armour, compared to Fletcherā€™s Singijeon which has no bonus.

Barrage seemed to have x3 charges at a point, but lately I noticed that itā€™s been reduced again to 2. Need confirmation on this.

Nope, mate. Itā€™s still in the C2 yet the buff is indeed lowered to 25%.

Thanks for the advice Iā€™ll be doing a 1:2 str:dex stat build. and i made camouflage to 1 for me to max flu flu and flare since now i think camouflage is a bit unnecessary :smiley:

Iā€™m excited to try this build out. :mushroom:

Iā€™m thinking on going for STR Rogue this CBT in this is the build what I had planned after some tweaks from your Rogue build:

Removed Twin Shot and added Oblique Shot.
Removed Evasion and increased Sneak Hit.

Is it good to go?

Why would you remove Twin Shot for additional points in Oblique Shot? I would like to suggest otherwise.

I like the build other then what jochris mentioned, if you level oblique shot that far, youā€™re gonna have trouble levelling as your SP pool will be drained much faster. Consider either twin arrow or full draw higher.

@jochris My bad, I thought I read in the patch notes itā€™s moved to C1.

@fairy_tail04 I donā€™t think camouflage is unnecessary, it will definitely help you with positioning and as a quick getaway. Levelling it past 1 does seem rather pointless if itā€™s not for a rogue and ment to be just an utility as it means you lose less SP while doing it ^^

Does Oblique Shot still burn out your SP that much even at higher levels? Say 170? I am planning to leave the skill to level 7ish and max it when I got higher in level. On the other hand, I checked Heavy Shot and it turns out itā€™ll fare beautifully with Rogue since its crossbowā€™s ASPD is much faster than a normal bow, and surely will push enemies much faster, not to mention its 0s cooldown as well.

Easy way to check is to use the stat calculator just to see how much sp/sp regen youā€™ll have at that level by default, without adding spr.

What we ment is, if you level it too quickly it will mean on lower levels you will run out of SP. As long as you understand that point and you seem to do I see no problems.

Not sure about heavy shot, itā€™s knockback is far worse. It might be good to put people out of position I guess, or even getting behind the enemy team and pushing people into your teamā€™s AoE xD I guess itā€™s a fun skill to use.

Heavy shot use is pretty much constant distancing (and walling if you manage to wall your enemy). And also the 50% bonus against plate armor. Get at least (recomended) 1 point in it.

Why I mentioned Heavy Shot was because its damage is not that far behind of that of a maxed Oblique Shot, has 0s cooldown and it has its uses. Oblique Shot (level 1) with Slow attribute and a maxed Heavy Shot with damage attribute seems to be a great combo imo, especially when facing a melee. When the enemy goes too near, Full Draw will do its job and repeat your Heavy Shot.

It doesnā€™t. The pet seems to gain a skill after a certain level (or another condition maybe), but it is not the same Rush Dog the Hunter has. Rush Dog is stronger than that skill even at level 1.

[quote=ā€œlajkonikes, post:24, topic:68409ā€]
The requirement for the critical bonus has been moved to C1
[/quote]It was moved to C1, but since last month on KRā€™s wipe it was moved back to C2, still with 25% crit bonusā€¦

And I think Archer C2 on your first build is pointless. You already have pretty decent AoE and CC with Hunter and Wugushi, and neither of those will benefit from Swift Stepā€™s attribute. :sun_with_face:

I wouldnā€™t count hunter skills as enough CC, rush dogā€™s stun is unreliable, retrieve isā€¦ well it ends when the enemy is close to me so that pretty much beats the point unless I continue to run away. The additional critical might pop here and there, thereā€™s no reason not to take it even more since there isnā€™t really anything else I can take in that build on rank 2 that makes sense, would only weaken the build.

I think I read somewhere about rushdog auto activating, might of been the acquired skill as the companion level up aswell I guess. Or saw it in a video, not sure. There seems to be another skill it gains that taunts mobs towards it? Not exactly sure on that either.

Edit: on that note, Iā€™d like to invite you to present potential builds. You seem to have a lot of knowledge and it would definitely help other players.
edit 2: added a hunting rogue if you want to have a look.

Thank you for the feedback, I greatly appreciate your tips.
My reworked build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9ibqucrila/
keep in mind that it was design for pve.
Ranger:
Comparing Critical Shot lvl 15 with lvl 1 the only additional benefit is +280 of flat base damage for more than 3x the sp cost, seems not worth the investment.
Rogue:
Vendetta lvl10: For the str bonus, (40sec of cooldown, and 30 sec of buff, it appears that would be possible to keep the buff almost 100% of the time)

Again, stats distribution str>dex>con with greater focus on str for high critical attack,
low Dex as the critical chance would come from Critical Shot and Sneak Hit, and a little bit of CON for survivability.

I made an error, there was another change due to which you actually still need c2 archer circle for the critical, but the value is still lowered to 25%. If you want to look into that before I give input that would be great, sorry about that.

As Iā€™m planning to take Ranger C3 anyway, the trade off would be between Archer C2 and Rogue C2, so I donā€™t think that the Swift Stepā€™s bonus would justify the taking of another circle of Archer as my dex would be low and consequently my critical rate also.