Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi R3 Feedback

THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED: Much has changed since I made these comments so please take them with caution.

Played to lv 200 in the korean version cbt3, r3 archer, r3 wugushi.
This is feedback is specifically about Wugushi so i’ll avoid talking about archer at all - at this point the card system that’s intended to work with the poison pot was not yet implemented.
Won’t talk about pvp, its completely broken and unbalanced for almost every class.

The poison pot mechanic works very well, it’s easy to use and nice to refill. Unlike sapper this doesn’t feel like a hassle and doesn’t limit your uptime like fletcher.
If anyone was wondering, this is what it looks like: http://imgur.com/mQdWWVX

Wugushi works well on most facets of the game, but excels at bossing or partying with a linker (+50% damage on joint penalty, for poison), the downside is almost every mob type is neutral or resistant (especially bosses) to poison type damage. Poisons can be awkward to aim but not any more so than other skills.

I think Wugushis most synergistic factors is that Archer skills help to take out flying mobs, but r2/3 Wugushi help take out ground mobs, covering its weakness well.

Rank 1 -

Rank 1 for Wugushi is very difficult as you have very little aoe, at this point you’ll probably be reliant on your previous class unless you level with a linker of some kind.

• Needle Blow: starts at 6 seconds, 1 tick per second, +1 second duration per level
    ~ Does high damage, it’s fine where it is and makes a solid addition to Wugushis skillset for bosses.

• Wugong Gu: Duration & tick rate same as above
    ~ higher on-hit damage but around 1/6th the DoT damage, does not spread on magic hit as described and seems to spread when hit by melee attacks (although not well).
    ~ Pretty much had to treat it as a weaker needle blow, very so-so, feel like it needs a review.

• Bewitch: Confuse an enemy (friendly fire)
    ~ Hard to use, and not worth it as the effect completely doesn’t work on anything i’ve used it on.
    ~ The range bugs out, standing near or far from a poisoned enemy when you use it you can still miss easily.
    ~ Wouldn’t get this skill again, needs a range increase and Friendly fire to actually work.

• Detoxify: Cure poison (+ immunity for x seconds attribute)
    ~ Extremely situational as not enough enemies do high poison damage, would skip this skill.
    ~ Might be worthwhile if it de-toxified all enemies and did damage based on the number in stead.

Rank 2:

This is when Wugushi gets good, all your poisons increase in duration again making it much easier to utitilize them.

• Throw Gu Pot: Ground based poison aoe - poison pot rolls toward target location, lasts 10 seconds (+4 second poison retention after exiting, attribute).
    ~ Extremely strong skill, best one for leveling and mobbing in general.
    ~ Allows application of Bewitch without penalty as the pool reapplies the poison continously.
    ~ Flying enemies are immune (most of the time) except for the 4s extra retention after skill ends.
    ~ Only real problem is that the pot can often get stuck and stay rolling forever which happens on almost all uneven height terrain like stairs.

Rank 3:

The final rank, Needle blow and Wugong gu become 20 seconds etc. This rank was semi-dissapointing as Wugushi has almost no attributes at the moment (around 7 in total, 4 are % damage).

Jincan Gu: Infect an enemy using a poison pool for 60s, if the enemy dies, summon 1-2 insects that each last 20 seconds and aggressively attack enemies.
~ The spreading and aoeing potential this skill brings is nice and comboes well with gu pot, however the poison damage inflicted by beetles is usually 1 when fighting any enemy above your level.
~ Satisfying to use but also limited to non-flying enemies.
~ Insects should have some form of stacking debuff that causes enemy to take more poison damage, in my opinion.
~ Insects also steal healing panels if they are damaged, I feel like this should be removed as they are on a 20s timer.

Wugushi would be perfectly fine if the bugged skills were fixed (bewitch, Wugong gu, Gu pot) and more attributes added to the class master, as well as the card system added.

@STAFF_Shawn Hope this feedback helps, fun class, good ideas, awkward to use.

12 Likes

I was planning on making a Wugushi for my 2nd character since poison has always interested me and it seems to be the only class that uses poison. Any recommendations stat wise as well as circles before wugushi?

Also I’m thinking of Falconer for rank 6, reason is so I can fly and toss poison around, think that would work well?

You cannot use hanging shot with any skills, including poison, you can only auto attack.

Anything before wugushi is fine tbh as long as you like it - I like Archer r2/sapper combo for more aoe and cheap traps, go for an even mix of dex/str till like 100/100 then get dex.

1 Like

That is good to know! I’ll most likely go full Wugushi then. Mentioning sapper now and I start thinking about adding poison to those traps, would be pretty cool.

Thanks for the feedback, I am interested about playing this class.

isn’t the limitation of ground skills too much? maybe they could make it still damage the flying units but with reduced damage (like half or so), i think it would make wugushi more attractive than it is now

Gu pot was able to hit enemies partially via the attribute but this has been fixed in subsequent patches. At this point I would say Wugushi needs a buff as overall the class scales very poorly.

If I was to rewrite this post I would probably change a lot of it, but i’ll leave it as it is unil further Wugushi updates occur. (at the moment the only addition is Zhendu).

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Good write up there, +1.

Hi guys, Im planning to play Wugushi in this CBT . The poison damage is scale with STR or DEX ? How is your stats too :smiley: ?
Im going like 4 STR 5 DEX and 1 CON . Is it ok ?

Anyone help please . I dun understand : "the downside is almost every mob type is neutral or resistant (especially bosses) to poison type damage " . Does it mean almost mobs in game are not taken poison damage ?
If that is weakness of Wugushi , how can "Wugushi works well on most facets of the game, but excels at bossing "
Same as in this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/q3cpstf6mj/
He talked about Wugushi weakness :
" -Poison damage won’t work in all situations/encounters.
-Possible cleanses/high poison resistance for some bosses and monsters. "
So how could wugushi excel at boss hunting @@?

:mushroom: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3nhu25/elements_usefulness/? :mushroom:

I don’t know with what stat does poison scale, I’d like to think strength but I have nothing to confirm that

1 Like

How about the weakness? I dun understand much . Can you make it more details ? Coz Im planning to play Wugushi but scared of this
" -Poison damage won’t work in all situations/encounters.
-Possible cleanses/high poison resistance for some bosses and monsters. "
:frowning:

Neither do I, pm the maker of this thread or make a wugushi.

man i hope the skills are already fixed and the card system 100% in this next beta

@hizonhan Doesn’t scale with dex, poison can’t crit. Unsure if it scales with strength, but there is no multiplier on the skill.

If I made an archer i’d focus it mainly on dex and con.

@felipee_a

As of 21st Oct, only new attributes and Zhendu have been added. Changes that affect wugushi mostly affected other previous archer classes (i.e. oblique shot etc).

@lajkonikes Poison doesn’t appear to scale (from my testing) except with poison damage, which has plenty of sources, the biggest downside is bosses resistant to you means you’ll deal 50% less damage. The upside of poisons is that the single target damage is strong enough to compensate for the loss in damage. On top of this you can mainly focus on dodging whilst your poison does damage. With a small buff Wugushi could be one of the best bossers (right now it’s fallen behind since everyone else got buffed).

1 Like

By single target damage you mean any skill in particular?

Well, I have my own doubts about wugushi, concept seems good - but implementation is lacking. To be fair it seems to be the same with hunter, the pet was supposedly fixed in the last patch but we won’t really know how much better it is until we try.

Any idea if there are gems improving poison damage? As it is the only item improving poison damage was the viper bow that I know of.

Had zhendu been a skill like say sacrament, wugushi would be holding its own. Mostly because you could by yourself apply more activates on wugong gu. I hope that they will change it eventually so it works like that. Even more, make it stackable with sacrament. Would make it so attacking a mob with wugong gu on while being buffed with zhendu/sacrament would activate wugong gu 3 times per autoattack. So basically a ranged version of corsair’s hexa attacks. Now that’s a wugushi I’d like.

edit:typos.

No gems improve poison damage, only gear and attributes (zhendu).

The pets are still… buggy at best, i’ve played with the new pet but it’s only slightly better because it’s more aggressive.

Single target means most of the high damage spells only affect the initial target and only once (multiple wugus don’t stack) - Zhendu, needle blow, wugong gu (spreading poison isn’t really amazing),

Zhendu is a good pvp skill tbh. I just think wugushi needs more damage, single target aint bad.

1 Like

I’m sure that if coupled with a linker wugushi would be great. I’m really damn thorn between wugushi and a hunter and honestly - neither seem good enough.

The most infuriating part for me is the fact that in comparison when you watch other classes play, they go around killing everything in their path and damn me if I haven’t seem some good archer class people killing things left and right ( mostly flying mobs mind you… ). It feels underwhelming in comparison. For what it’s worth it seems that even a wizard is stronger in ranged combat be it aoe or single target.

The only one that actually currently shows a fang is schwarzer reiter and its pissing me off :confused: I’m sure when more classes come out suddenly the devs vision will become clearer but as is I think Archers are lacking the most flair :cry:

It’s mostly because out of all the base classes, archer and cleric had the least done to them (lack of new skills except for a couple etc). Cannoneer looks promising.

1 Like

I was planning archer r3 > wugushi r3, but i’m worried about what to go next. i dont see any class that appear to synergizes well with wugushi to go after i get rank 3. What do you guys think?