Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Plague Doctor Thread

I Think Dievdirby is also a great choice . The statues can be debuff skill too . :smiley:

Surprised you donā€™t have monk in any of those recommended builds. The can inflict bleeding, armour break, silence and sp drain. Great for pandemic and incineration.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point. I didnā€™t think of Monk because Incineration is magic type, scales with mATK, not the best compatibility with the class. Palm Strike is already AOE, so Pandemic wouldnā€™t be needed much.

However, youā€™re right, I could see Pandemic Silence/SP Drain work, if a bit situational. Definitely interesting for GvG though.

@hizonhan
Austras Koks could work, but its uptime is really bad, not worth making a build around it. Not to mention itā€™s already AOE, so no point using Pandemic with it. If the plan is to proc Incineration, a Zalciai will do the job much better. Dievdirby imo is very lacking at the moment. The class could use some buffs, it has too many downsides and is situational at best (group boss fights, stationary gameplay).

1 Like

Literally all the recommended builds have Krivis 2. While I think itā€™s a good initial list, I do think there can be a lot more flexibility in leading up to Plague Doctor. I definitely wonā€™t debate that Krivis brings a lot to the table for PDs, but I did quite a bit of testing and found Krivis 2 to be highly overrated. That, and I personally find the class rather boring, even if Zaibas is quite good.

For instance, Iā€™m looking at:

Cleric 3 > Sadhu 2 > Bokor 1 > Plague Doctor

Guess we still need to see how Incinerate and Bloodletting impact/work with OoB though. I do think this build is much stronger for things like dungeon and world bosses compared to its Krivis counterparts.

@Kiblaster

I was thinking about a build similar to the ā€œDiscerning Evilā€ one, it would be:

Cleric > Krivis > Krivis > Bokor > Pardoner > Pardoner > Plague Doctor

That way I would be able to sell Daino and Zalcai lvl 10 scrolls and sell with the spell shop to make money, would have a stronger indulgentia for that extra DPS, would still get all the debuffs and would have a higher level discerning evil, only losing a little bit of DPS on the effigy lvl 5 and not 10 (your zombies will be useless most of the time anyway, so bokor c2 zombie skills donā€™t really matter).

The problem is that I donā€™t know how well will that scrolls sell and what buffs will I be able to put on the spell shop (if any). I donā€™t even know if indulgentia is a usefull skill or just garbageā€¦

I would like to know your opinion on that.

Unless the bonus incineration time for extra debuffs is incredibly high, I donā€™t think people should spend points into krivis aukarasā€¦

As for the plague doctor skills, the choices are pretty straight forward right? Incineration 5, Pandemic 5 and Healing Factor 5. I didnā€™t experience any situation when I played the game where debuff protections like the 3 other plague doctor skills were a must (or even desirable, lol).

1 Like

With the current state of the Market (TP and 30% tax) as well as the removal of Player Trade, it is really hard to know if Scroll Making will still be viable.

I agree that Incineration, Pandemic and Healing Factor should be the go to skills for PVE. Debuff protection will shine more in PVP.

Aukuras is a one point wonder skill for most builds. The reduced time between HP regen ticks, and the fact it draws aggro will always make it useful.

Incineration gains +2 seconds per debuff, no matter its level. So in practice, on most encounters youā€™ll not waste too much time and only set it up using Zalciai, since both skills have the same low 20s cooldown. However, for bosses (and possibly pvp) debuff stacking will be nice.

1 Like

Iā€™m imagining Incineration being part of the ultimate world boss killing build.

The sheer amount of players attacking it makes them have whole rows of debuffs. I donā€™t know if they put a limit on it, but it would put its duration longer than its cooldown!

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty sad that weā€™ll be seeing more pardoners around for a completely different reason than what it was supposed to be: making money by selling stuffā€¦ haha

Oh well, at least the class has a useful skill to combo with plage doctor and wonā€™t vanish with the new p2w market coming out lol.

Question: What happens if you use pandemic on a group of 20 monsters where 5 of them are linked? Is joint penalty considered a debuff? Iā€™m pretty sure hangmanā€™s knot is.

It wasnā€™t viable (with all the decent skills removed from a earlier patch) even before 20% increase in market tax.
I know because i tried. At best, i managed to sell a small handful of skill scrolls (I laugh when people that say scroll pardoner make decent money because clearly they never tried it). Itā€™s mainly the spell shop pardoners making money.

@lawrencesamburgo
Iā€™ll help you answer some questions that you have.

1. With your build, you have no spells (all priest buffs) for spell shop outside of indulgentia (pointless)
  2. If your expecting that simony will help make money, you be wrong based on my experience in ICBT2. That may change, but at the moment scroll making isnā€™t a reliable source of income (Iā€™ve made more money through hunting mobs then simony.)
  3. Those lvl 10 scrolls are going to be alot harder to sell then you think. I donā€™t doubt that they are useful, however it comes at too much of a cost. Level 10 skill scrolls will production cost of around 7k. It comes out to 10k on the market with the new tax rate just to break even.
  4. 1 point in auk is all most people even need. The scaling on the acc down is pretty bad.
  5. Donā€™t expect amazing damage for indulgentia versus a single target. But itā€™s utility in pvp has probably been upgraded because of pandemic. Enemy PD uses pandemic -> You use indulgentia -> Sad enemy PD. Additionally, itā€™s an circular aoe radiating from the caster (easier to aim than fumigate for lvl/tier 2 debuffs and under)

Anyway back on topic:
1)I think cure is technically classified as debuff on enemies, so it could count towards incineration given that you manage to pull it off before cure is gone.

Reason why cure it a debuff:

• It procs off by dispellers. So itā€™s a lvl/tier 1 debuff.
  • You can resist the damage like you do like debuffs

As Joint penalty, it probably is a debuff as i remember extending the duration with DE. Additionally, it is probably a lvl/tier 3 debuff at that.

2)ā€œPardonerā€™s Discerning Evil will extend a targetā€™s debuffs duration. Best used before spreading them with Pandemic.ā€ I agree with this and another reason.The DE frontal cone aoe is way harder to hit then the 360 degree circle aoe of pandemic.

2 Likes

Actually i think the most valuable scroll is Daino, from krivis, as it is a must have

Aside from that, i agree with everything else you said xD

I donā€™t disagree with you on that point that daino is a must have.

However, i just think that people might overestimate its commercial value. It will probably find greater value as more ranks and buffs are introduced into the game.
It has key problems:

1. Krivis is a common rank in all int type damage builds (sadhu, druids, plague doc, and etc). There are very few int cleric builds that donā€™t include krivis.
  2. High level diano scrolls are too costly. Hence, they will mainly be used for killing Bosses (assuming the group doesnā€™t have an int cleric class). Its not practical for grinding purposes because of the cost (7k for 3mins of lvl 10 daino for 1 hr = 140k). Most people would just practice efficiently timing their buffs.

My question is it worth wasting a rank to go pardoner c1 to extend debuffs for 10 seconds? (most of the other pardoner C1 skills are barely usable).

Keep in mind there are actually a few (only a small handful) debuffs that canā€™t actually be extended by DE like reincarnate (Iā€™ve tested DE w/ Reincarnate in ICBT2). So i stress caution some people going pardoner C1 under the notion that Incinerate might be by DE because there is a very minuscule chance it doesnā€™t (nobody knows until there is visual/verbal confirmation).

The other use for DE would to extend debuffs long enough to compound them give longer incinerate duration. DE is probably less useful for that reason when there are lots of people hunting down a boss like Dulla. Before people went into ICBT2 beta is closing mode, there was no shortage of debuffs on bosses (easily 8+).

Physical Clerics are basically dead with rank 7ā€¦
Really wonder what they will pull out next.

Army Chaplain could possibly be physical based. Weā€™ll see, but thereā€™s plenty of decent filler classes until then. For example, extra Cleric ranks will always be useful with the new Heal, which now scales past level 5.

Well, army chaplain is out there, somewhere in a unknown future, maybe as a hidden class, maybe as a rank 8

But yeah, monk circle 3 is pretty lame :<

Iā€™m hoping chaplain to be a elemental crusader class or possible the 1st cleric branch that can taunt. Welp more funky classes is always good in these large content games

With the introduction of Templar skills, iā€™ll say it could be another gimmick class.
Maybe an alternate guild master class or something equivalent.

Actually i expect it to be a melee/tank/support class, with maybe one offensive skill

If it has 4 skills, i expect it to be 1 offensive and 3 tanky things and/or buffs

We wonā€™t know until at least end of KrOBTā€¦
But from the name of the class itself, probably a party/guild oriented class that is nothing on its own.

@Kiblaster would you mind making a vid showing how exactly Bloodletting works? It didnā€™t seem to block any debuffs when I tested it.

Ok so iā€™m working on a plague doctor build right now and there are some points where i donā€™t know what to do.

Cleric skills:

Cure or Deprotected Zone? People always went with Cure until now (and would forget about the skill at higher levels lol), but itā€™s a damage spell and not a debuff like Deprotected Zone so maybe we should put the 5 points in DZ.

Krivis skills:

Do we really need zalciai at a high lvl? the duration doesnā€™t change and if we want to get zaibas 10, daino 10 and divine stigma 5 thereā€™ll be only 4 skill points left.

Rank 6:

I really donā€™t see a good reason to waste a whole rank in order to get bokor c3 at rank 6 (at least not with an int based build), so if pardoner DE doesnā€™t work as we think and is irrelevant to the final build, we end up with no good choice (Druid would be an awesome rank 6 class before that c1 nerf).
So maybe priest c1 for the extra buffs and monstrance debuff? krivis c3 for the lvl 10 divine stigma and lvl 15 daino? dievdirby for some extra support? oracle for some funny spells?
Thereā€™s no obvious choice imo, this rank 6 feels pretty awkward right now.