Tree of Savior Forum

Few questions, by a beginer

Hi guys. I just discovered the game yesterday and, i absolutely loved it. In fact, I played very long time to Ragnarok Online, so, I think to not love this game for me is impossible.

So, the game is verry interesting, with all theses classes and rank but, i’ts a little bit difficult for begining. In addition of that, my english is not perfect, so, I think I can misunderstood some things, so, it’s more difficult.

So, if I’m posting here, is just for annoying you with few little questions, for trying to have a better view on this game.

In first, I’ve just tryed the game, begining with a cleric, who’s just level 25. In fact, I hesitated about the class choices with swordsman. So my first question is about the roles of theses classes. The cleric can be taken for dungeon for something other than heal? I mean, perhaps support/DPS? And, same thing about swordsman and tanking? Can it be a big DPS?

I just looked for the classes and, I was interested by Oracle, but, I don’t know, it seems to be not very useful and, mostly for the fluff. So i’ts really a good class? Or just something like useless? I was verry interested too, with druid and plague doctor, but, the quesiton is mostly the same, are we just a healer? For the swordsman, I’m verry intersted by corsair and fencer, but, the squire seems to be funny. But the question is the same for Oracle, it is a useless class or it’s really effective?

For stats now, I know i’ve failed it, but, it was just a test character. So,it is possible to restat? Or re-skill? I thing, I will do some errors again, so … After that, I’ve found a topic with some tips for make the good stats on swordman, but, I just found nothing about cleric classes and, I don’t want to create a lot of new character because I’ve missed all of them ^^

Thanks for your reading and, thanks in advance for your future anwers.

please prepare your build from the very start and try to love/enjoy playing it. If you still lv 25, better reset your char because it still early. Oracle is unique, you can kill bot with it

Cleric is mainly heal and support, but they can dps too. I dont think any cleric ends up being heal only.

If you havent, definitely use a skill similator and plan your build out thoroughly before getting too far. http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

Swordsman is pretty good dps at rank 8 from what ive seen.

There is no restat, but one time they gave one out in an event. Some people complained about this for some reason, so if we never get one again you can blame those people lol. You can get skill reset for 88tp from the tp shop.

You can find some cleric info here https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/class-and-rank/cleric

What do you want most out of your character? dps or support?

Like the two before me said, you need to prepare your build beforehand.
If it’s your very first time, you can also continue this character to get to know the game better and see how it works and what you want to do.

What stats did you increase for you to want to restat ?

Clerics don’t have to be full support, but being a Cleric (usually being Cleric 2 with Heal 10) a part of your job will always be to put heal tiles down to heal.
But since this game’s healing isn’t about manually healing people but about putting the tiles down so people can run to them, your character isn’t bound to this role and you can just put them down regularly, while also DPS-ing, buffing, protecting, or whatever you want to be.

You seem to be interested in DPS overall~
Fencer is a good choice for DPS if you go Fencer circle 3. Before Fencer 3 you want to choose classes that will help you resisting some attacks, that will give you CC, debuffs, or things like that. Since Fencer 3 has good attack skills you don’t have to go the heavy DPS route before, because once you’re Fencer 3 you won’t really be using your lower ranks attacks.

For Clerics, Oracle is mostly useful for PvP, it’s more situational in PvE.
Druid is good for DPS, and one of the most popular ones to deal damages~
PD is great because they have a heal, debuff protection (they’re the only cleric class with such good protection/immunity), and they also have some DPS skills. Being able to do a bit of everything they’re quite popular.

On the forum there is also tons of discussions about all kinds of builds and stats.
If you look for “[Class]” or type the class you’re interested in in the search bar, you’ll find lots of topics~

this game isnt holy trinity.

cleric can dps just as good as other classes with certain builds and possibly better than wizard at rank8

wizard can support better than cleric

and for stats, cleri is weird, it depends on your build, there is no specific stat for oracle though, and oracle is a c1 class, u only go c1 bcuz c2 an c3 are trash.

Cleric2>Bokor3>Oracle>PD2 is a build for you, go int/con, this dmg is really good, you can switch bokor3 for something else if u dont take zombies, taking zombies is recomended buz bwa kayiman and damballa are really powerful skills

If you are interestet in a dps healer, I would recommend Cleric2 - Diev3 - Priest1 - PD2. They are a really nice balance between support and dps.

No class is “Useless”, and yes the Cleric path can be DPS too once you get to higher ranks. I suggest you plan your builds here http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ and do a lot of research which class combinations and playstyle you really like best, since it’s really easy to mess up builds. You should take your time, watch videos, etc. Don’t rush anything or you will regret it.

To start as for the Cleric build, you also need decide if you want to be a pure magic Cleric, or a Physical type Cleric, or a mixture of both.

Waw, I didtn’t expected that much answers, thanks a lot to all of you.

So, yes, it was in my ideas to prepare my builds, but, I just wanted to discover and try the game before. So, I just posted here for trying to find help for my builds ^^

It’s a godd thing if the cleric is not only a heal bot. Honestly I really like to play support but, playing only support all the time, becoming annoying for me and, specially difficult for leveling, so it’s a good news.

For the questions, on my cleric, I just uped lots of spirit, few dex and str, for hitting during the cooldown and, with theses level, I just thank that’s a bad idea. I’ve increased deprotected zone to, what seems not that usefull for a magic build. So, thanks for theses guides, now, I know how to search and, thanks for your description of all the classes.

Thanks again for the others participations and, for the recommanded build. If I take cleric, it would be magical cleric. So, on it, i’m little bit lost for the stat’s allocation, i found a topic about the stats on fighter, but i did’nt find about cleric. How much points in int and spirit and con? ^^

So, with theses advice, I tried to do three different build for the plague and one for the fencer.

If you have some advice for this, i will take them, I think there are few errors ^^

Thanks again for your help, it makes me happy ^^

I try a little up, in hope to have answers again ^^