Tree of Savior Forum

We badly need an official statement regarding what the VAC Covers IMC

This is not an update, we know that exp viewer is allowed, we are asking about better quest mod and monster counter and red map mods. And that quote was taken before VAC was put into place.

Well from what I understand, as long as the thing is considered an “add-on” and is part of the addons folder then it is not a mod and it’s legit.

As for betterquest, it’s a mod because I sincerely think it can be considered as what they mentioned as “excessive datamining” and directly tampers with the game’s data files through a method that prevents the launcher from overwriting the file that enables it.

If betterquest was to be turned into an addon the maybe it has a chance of being legit :confused:

They really should make use of Steam workshop for addons.
Then they can explicitely allow and disallow addons for everyone.

1 Like

my only concern at least for myself its about expviewer (plus monsterkillingcount and mapexplorer) since i dont use betterquest i like to talk every NPC since that also adds to your journal of NPC meet.

and we also want to know about that if their stand is still the same about such addon because the VAC thing. they already said its fine but we still want to know if they still think the same about the addon expviewer (and the monsterkilling count and mapexplorer)

I’d like to know their stance on BetterQuest myself but I doubt we’d be getting a definitive answer anytime soon ._.

Mods are really in the gray area because as evidently stated on the terms of use, any modification to the game client is not allowed, but IMC is lenient on the ones that don’t give unfair advantages to players who choose to use them.

I don’t have a “final” official statement from IMC but I’ve gotten word that the following will not get you banned:
-EXP viewer
-Fog viewer

I’ll check again about BetterQuest.

14 Likes

Thank you for the response Staff_Julie!
I’d also like to have this confirmed:

Basically, it’s a pack of convenient addons that includes both the EXP Viewer and Fog viewer. It’s an all in one convenience so I’d also like to have the other mods inside them confirmed which are:

• monsterframes - shows details about mob like specific amount of HP, race, armor type, and size.

• monstertracker - tracks how much of the monster you have killed already and notifies you if you are eligible for a reward from Wings of Vibora for the mob kills.

• channelsurfer - Allows one to switch between channels without being bugged by the confirmation window when activated.

2 Likes

Juliet, you didnt say anything about the monster killing count. its banneable offense or no? since the only thing that addon do its just count the monster you kill for the XP card from wings of vibora. (since the game dont have this option to show how many monsters you have killed while killing them, only to check it trought the Journal which dont update quickly and its like a pause because players have to stop to check it).

Also its included with the package of Expviewer and Fog viewer. Just to be sure and clarification. Thanks

I assume the mod that show remaining wugushi pot / necromancer corpse would not consider unfair advantage right?

OooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7 Likes

Really hope @Staff_Julie Replies, cant proceed quest without the betterquest. Ill just stay at town and wait for her reply. :3

Exactly do not forget these please.

Following this post for purposes

My country worry about VAC they said "mod cant use becoz mod is modify clien and VAC will be got ban u "…SRY for bad english

@Staff_Julie It would be really nice if you could open a sticky thread OR a subforum where ppl can post their mods. Just today a new one made its way to reddit, one that automatically blocks RMT gold spammers with the option to auto report them (ok that part is bad imho) as well as hide the fps display. I think if these talented users had a platform to submit their mods too and before they get made public need to be approves by the staff, that would be nice.

FogViewer, Mob kill count viewer and exp viewer are very valuable, but that new chat addon sounds too good to pass by. The betterquests one isnt exactly that great, i like to follow quests list posted online somewhere.

Still no update with betterquest? @Staff_Julie

People are starting to make lots of great addons/mods. You should make a Official Thread saying which ones are approved and can be used!

1 Like

And what about monster tracker?

@Staff_Julie

Any Official Word on BetterQuest?

I wouldn’t think it violates the rules. It is a 2kb ipf file, doesn’t overwrite anything at all, doesn’t datamine anything.

Data mining is the analysis step of the “knowledge discovery in databases” process, or KDD. The term is a misnomer, because the goal is the extraction of patterns and knowledge from large amounts of data, not the extraction (mining) of data itself.

BetterQuest just shows you a list of the quests you are eligible to receive that does not include quests marked as hidden. The base game has to keep that list to determine what quests you can pick up, all this add-on does is show you a partial list without the hidden quests. It doesn’t even show you where the quests are located aside from the Map Name. For people like me that are completionists, it is a godsend that keeps me in-game and stops me from having to constantly check Google, various websites, and YouTube videos. I would also say that it doesn’t give people an unfair advantage, anyone can Google a zone and see the quests on a couple websites. Basically what this addon does is help maintain the immersion of the game for those of us with that relentless compulsion to complete every single quest.

If we get told we can’t use it, obviously I won’t use it, but I will use Google and such on my second monitor to accomplish the same goal, and it will tell me where the hidden quests are. So, logically it would make sense for this to get approved.

Anyway, I’ve been waiting patiently a few days now for an answer to this question and I’m starting to get anxious. I’m sure there are other people that are right there with me.

Thanks for you hard work and attention to this issue, please get back to us quickly.

2 Likes

Please give them time. They have a mountainload of issues and whining to sort through.
It’s not a yes/no issue. They need to stress test it over days, sees the impact on the network, see if the lag caused by the info load can generate any exploit etc.
A few days is nothing.
You can complain if it’s a few months.
This is a game where the community whines about every little thing. Wait for your turn behind those whiners or get rid of them.