Tree of Savior Forum

House of Cards - A Summoners plea

Continuing the discussion from Sorcerer bugs and problems collection:

Well this is at least for the sorcerer community a really important and imminent topic. Well “Its just one class” you say but it is really really annoying. I mean it. I already stated it in another post but cards have to be tradeable. It just sucks that you cannot level your summons reliable because you cannot get the cards you need. For ONE level 10 Summon you need 54 cards. and that is just one summon…Winning cards through /cardbattle is ridiculous becaus it is just chance based. You can actually end up loosing 10 times before winning even 1 card.

Sorry to say this but thats just bad game design and really stupid. So plz make cards tradeable…at least on the market.

Thanks and hope this gets attention soon

12 Likes

Sadly, the only workaround I can think of is mixing every card he had and every card he gets from you into one, until you win that card… but… mixed cards for any reason seems to give less EXP

A level 1 card gives 100 EXP
A level 4 card (9 cards used) gives 250 EXP

I wonder if changing the card system to tradeable would make too easy, everybody gets at least 15 cards for quests. If that is the case, I would suggest:
->they becoming chance from quests (5%?) but sellable through market and tradeable. The sorcerer quest would drop one 100% tho.
->keep 100% for one single quest of each card (you don’t get two of the same card in different quests) and make sellable in market only.

EDIT: Please, I need Demon Lords cards :sob:

1 Like

Agree.
My friend is a sorcerer and only have 1 card left becuz she lose all the card to me when i tried to give her my card. Srsly this is very annoying.
Now i have tons of card ( ~ 30 lvl 1 card and 1 lvl 7 card, a few of lvl 3 and 4 card )
And i cant make any use of them but watch lol

5 Likes

As someone who plays both Wugushi and Sorc, I totally agree xD

Not the top priority for me, but sure I hope it changes later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as a reminder for @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_J

As someone playing Sorcerer (and during beta Necro) I disagree…
You’re not supposed to gain the cards easy. That’s like asking to lower/remove the prices of attributes so you can max them early…

If you want the cards, form a group and start hunting the world bosses. (Though I do agree that the card battle thing is useless and has no appeal at all as you can’t gain anything from it because it’s so random…)

2 Likes

I am also opposing this suggestion to due the fact that, boss cards are given like candies in low level quests. One could simply make alts and get their cards there. Also there is actually a huge amount of cards in game already due to them being quest rewards, and being utterly useless to other classes, it’s a no brainer that they would go selling it to sorcs. Which would in turn kill the challenge in getting cards to lvl 10.
Except if you want to remove the cards from quest rewards, sure, but now have the problem of getting a sorc but not having a card to use ~.~

2 Likes

I had an idea:

1. Change cards to be tradeable and sellable through market and remove most of them from quest reward (keep the ones we don’t have other way to get and the sorcerer’s job quest).

2. Remove the card fusion system, instead, to level up cards, players must go to a npc (it might be the sorcerer master but beasts, insects, plants and mutants come here too) select the desired card and one to sacrifice. BOSS BATTLE, YAY!
    2.1 - The npc teleports the player to an instanced zone(solo) where he will control the card he wants to level up against the card he sacrificed.
    2.2 - The player’s boss will be of his level, and the opponent something equivalent to items stars requeriment level. Ex: To increase card level to 6, the player must face a lv 170 boss.
    2.3 - Adjust Summoning stats accordingly.

toughts?

2 Likes

love your idea i think it may be great. Also need to rework attacks from boss cards. Especially when riding. Some are useless getting only AA ==>>NUAELE
Some others got plenty of attacks very useful==>>Templeshooter / Cerberus / (even) Harpeia

I believe they are bugged or not fully implemented… back in iCBT2 Nuaele and Ritheris didn’t even spawn at full health. They reworked the stats a bit, but monster controlling is far, far away from finished.

Really hope youre right coz actually its kinda frustrating to play sorcerer :slight_smile:

and any kind of pet controller I would say
My planned builds:

• Sorc c3 (currently lv 202)
  • Sadhu c3 (currently lv 102)
  • Hunter/Falc
  • Corsair

Hope IMC focus a bit more on fixing AI, pet-control and AA-ping-reliability soon ;-;

this happens to me… really sad.

I agree to op. IMC read this

Yes ! make the card tradeable.

The card battle way of friend passing the card to me is rubbish. I tried card battle with my friend., instead of getting my friend card, end up i m losing my card. :cry:

At first , I do agree that cards should be tradeable as for now , only Sorcerer and Necromancer has usage on the cards while others do nothing with it ( or maybe the could in future ) . However after give some thoughts , if cards are tradeable , Sorcerer that has most friends around will have easy Level 10 cards . Since every character can earn at least 10 - 15 cards from completing quests .

I was thinking maybe the traded cards from friends/guild member will not add +100exp to card. Instead just increase by a smaller amount like +10exp?
Cause I truly agree that what is the point of killing the challenge in getting cards to Level 10 so easily ? I am in Rank4 Wiz turning Sorcerer soon. I have 2 Templeshooter cards now of Lvl 7 & 5 respectively. No brainer needed. It’s good that we need to work hard to make one strong summon class right ? Just my 2cents …

i have one idea, make the card game actually a card game with better cards, stronger cards that win over others like not lvled cards.