Tree of Savior Forum

Summons' User Interface

Hello, Tosters and IMC team.

First, forgive me for my “amazing” Paint skills and english.

Back at iCBT2 I made myself a sorcerer and about 12 others characters and I was impressed how good the class is, giving how you can manage yourself with only your summons. The class was good without that “hey, I’m a summon master but my magic damaging spells are stronger and my minions are only distraction” the MMO/RPG devs are making these days.

Sometimes can be hard to manage all your pets or minions in a scenario where a lot is happening, like world bosses or mass pvp. With that said, and hoping for others summoners classes to be released (Shadowmancer at c8?pls?pls?), I tought about a suggestion for improving all summoner classes:

A companion and summons UI

-Here an exemple, Hunter/Falconner as it was possible to have falcon and another companion:

-Here is another, Sorcerer/Necromancer

Smaller

Description

• First icon: configuration.
  • First flag type: Health and Stamina - These are for your companions.
  • Second flag type: Only Health - There are for your one-of-a-kind summons like Devil, Shoggoth and Salamion.
  • Third flag type: Number - Multiple summon skils flag for your smart Bokor’s zombies(normal, wheel and big), Skeletons and others I may not remember (maybe traps?).
  1. Clicking on configuration will show a window where you can manage the UI for things like size, orientation(vertical, horizontal) for health bar, close pet info(re-open in system configurations).
  2. Clicking on companions’ flag pops up the same screen as F9, differs the falcon from the non-flying companions.
  3. Clicking on second type flags(not salamion) open the necronomicon/ grimoire window.
  4. Mouse over salamion’s flag shows its stats.
  5. Mouse over Multiple minions pets show their original stats(the ones they had at the time they spawned, a new one will probably have these) as it can be hard to fit all minions different buff/debuff conditions e reflect that in one single window.

I know it isn’t necessary, but I think it’ll help to see if your Temple Shooter is alive or that one is from the one of the 4 other sorcerers in the same screen.

Thanks for your attention :grin:
Edit: added info.

10 Likes

The hud design sucks, the idea rocks.

Well it is necessary but hey, developers only recently discovered that summons actually need some AI to be playable so yeah… That is totally not a priority for now.

1 Like

We need this!!!

and if only we can adjust how the summon creature’s behavior just like in Sonny flash game

My feelings :cry:

I still regret making hunter my first char.

I don’t know that game, is it like Passive/Agressive/Defensive modes?
I’ve seen these stances around and I like them, perhaps one for “don’t ks everything you see” would be a good start.

funny, that was exactly the use of my summons in ICBT2 cause they were too A(with no I) :\

that and exploit testing :expressionless:

Please listen to this idea, summons need help, necro is very buggy and really it would be nice if during boss fights summons attack the boss instead of the bosses’s traps @STAFF_John

1 Like

What leads you to believe that Shadowmancer is going to be a summoner class ? @DogeSummoner (I’m really hoping it’s a high DPS wizard class that attacks with shadows… I like dark powers and I’m not impressed with Warlock)

Really ?
Do you know where I could find more info regarding this issue ?

Eh? That ‘issue’ you mentioned is poor AI of summons (well, actually of everything) I guess? Then the fastest way is to use search here on forums and read feedback on Sorcerer/Bokor/Necromancer/Hunter, those are mostly done thoroughly and better than video imo.

You may also save your time and believe my word that they are dumb lol. I’ve had Hunter, Bokor and Sorcerer during CBT2 (and Memelander/Corsair to have a comparison).

To be fair, IMC is aware of this issue and not long ago released a patch note stating that AI was improved. To be even more fair, that wasn’t their first note on this matter. And yeah, not the second :smirk:

@Sixaxis, maybe you have something to correct me from view of kToS player? Did summoners QoL even changed compared to CBT (hope so)?

I find it funny you @'d me and asked that, since I’m literally in the process of making a suggestion thread for giving Bokor a Summoner’s UI like Sorc/Necro has (Inspired by this thread).
Bokor’s AI and QoL (For C3) were improved, but Necromancer’s summons are still pretty much the same as iCBT2, Sorc is apparently useless at only C1 and from what I’ve seen in Arena with the Temple Shooter just standing there while its master gets beat on, I agree. I dunno about Hunter and Wugushi (Wugushi C3 is technically a Summoner).

I’d still really like to be able to see my Zombie’s individual HP via a UI where I can select one in the interface and then it becomes my target on the screen. It’s a chore to keep them alive now with the automatic heal tile grabbing removed unless you go Priest C2, and the recent Summoner DEF -> Zombie DEF buff is hardly noticeable for me.

This whole AI tweaking thing worries me, since one person may not like something their summons do while someone else may love it (Ex - Summons attacking traps. That’s actually really beneficial for me because the traps they kill can turn into more Zombies). Should just give us the option to toggle on/off what we want them to do.

1 Like

Yeah, I know how the AI sucks since I played sorc in iCBT2 :smiley:
I just had trouble believing that they were improving it (especially after moving the two command spells to sorc C2)…

And given Sixaxis answer, it seems that IMC still haven’t tackled the problem and instead want us to tweak the AI ourselves… (if it’s even possible)

Nu, I didn’t say that’s what they want us to do, I was saying I hope they give us that option. They technically are improving it, it’s just not on their priority list.

1 Like

It’s more like I hope so. Warlock is already doing something similar to what you described and we still have to wait for C2/C3. Warlock doesn’t seem to have skills from C2(like they did with necro/sorc and others at iCBT) that will be moved up.
If it’s another mage, there won’t be summoners classes at later stages, when our skills will be weak.

The problem is:
Sorc’s devils are probably using their bosses versions AI without skills. And thats basicly:
see something
attack until it dies or i’m away from master
walks back to master

That part of being far away… it cancels your summons casting skills :cry:
Maybe one button to send the selected creature to attack, just attack, nothing else, our Z/C buttons.
Select them via shortcuts, here is an example:
uses numpad 0~9 to select my salamion
press Num 2
press button C for it to attack enemy target

Turn the bars vertical and then the Hud rocks

all nice and dandy… but…

where do you put that

wow… such MSPaint skillz

I would prefer drag it and drop whetever pleases the owner, but none of the ones we already have can be moved around so…

1 Like

3 block chat and 1&2 block the view too much…

I recommend the ability to minimize them…

also, kind of pointless having 2 bars for boss :\

my advice, do the same as pets and give all summons a permanent HP bar under them…

it’s more convenient and clean :blush:

You’re right about 3, forgot the chat as I almost always closed it :smiley:

But i did D:

maybe a smaller? [quote=“DrRM, post:18, topic:133820”]
also, kind of pointless having 2 bars for boss :\

my advice, do the same as pets and give all summons a permanent HP bar under them…
[/quote]
Devil’s health wouldn’t have the need to show up in the center again, leaving the place for enemy bosses.
That would help, but the problem of quick access to your summons info persists.

Scenario: World boss, maybe 30 players, 4 sorcerers around.
“Is my Salamion still alive? where is it?”

Things gets messy with many players around, any help is good.
And toggling the window off would be nice for those who prefer.

size =/= minimize aka make vanish like chat…

maybe give a different style or color to summons hp bar…

• they can have it so only you can see your summon HP and not all…
1 Like