Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

Wait for the infos of changements on spells. A lot of spells are gonna be changed, some even are transfered from one class to another. And some spells are deleted. Maybe they’ll change how dual wield of corsair works. :slight_smile:

They are already punished enough by having their stats spread from STR to SPR in the most cases.
My proposal was only to help the hybrid builds with healing and attack speed, as they will have a really low modifier in both SPR and DEX.

This is not aimed at heavily empowering or balancing Cleric stats towards a level where they can rival the other 4 trees that have only 3 stats to spread their 2 points on (so on average we get 0.67 points per stat) with their current 2 points spread between 5 stats (so on average 0.4 points per stat).

This is aimed at the fact that Clerics don’t have much options for pure builds, and if they want to hold true to the 560 build options, Cleric needs some more love because 560 options are only possible if there is more lenience towards physical/magic hybrid builds.

This won’t change the fact that Clerics will probably have [on average] bad modifiers for INT,CON and STR,
but it allows them to do a proper job in Healing (so you don’t need dedicated Healer builds) and attacking (as attackspeed helps with auto-attacking and using physical skills faster in succession).

I know, but the chances are higher that they will do changes before the changes are implemented on Ktest.
Afterwards, if I wait till it is introduced on iTOS for me to test,do you believe that they will listen to me and change their formulas?
The chances are so low, even if I make a fully detailed report on the case.

It’s clear that the changes aim at a manifestation of the base Cleric as “the healer” with 3 of 4 skills that remain concentrate on recovery of HP and status ailments.

It’s detrimental if some Classes don’t have any SPR modifier, which leaves you with low SPR modifiers and thus less Healing.
I can already see that there is a good chance people will cry for “Healers”, but this time they won’t just take any Cleric, only those builds with high amounts of SPR.
Of course you can invest in SPR gear and extra stat points, but all just to be a viable alternative for a full meta-Healer?
4 green stat gears just for the SPR that doesn’t anything else aside from boosting Healing on physical builds?

It’s a weakness of the stat system and I propose a solution to make it better without heavily disrupting the balance they created.

I’d be grateful if they test it or I get a reply on the reason why they spread the same amount of stat points on 5 stats in which case 2 stat modifiers will be completely useless unless you go hybrid (look at Kabbalist & Priest e.g., they have a low amount of STR&DEX for the reason to support hybrid building, which makes me think the developers tested and adjusted the modifiers depending on the viability of Classes for hybrid builds) as to why my proposal is not acceptable.

If they reject me and give me a plausible explanation, I can save a lot of time on preparing a real proposal that would never be accepted anyway. If the developers test it and rethink their idea, they still have time till the final implementation.

There’s nothing for me to lose here. Rather, if I wait till it’s too late, I’ve already lost even when I’m investing heavily into the proposal.

No but you should rly wait till it hits KTEST and see videos and stuff. There were things in the past that changed weekly on ktest… so it is rly early to suggest anything.

I don’t say you are… but what if you are wrong and it is good as it is? The stats most likely didn’t come out of nowhere and they have a plan with it so I rly want to see it in action first.
Also as you said they may change it themselves before ktest but ktest is not the end…that’s like the real testing phase…and that’s where they also get feedback. So if something seems odd there that will be the time to start riots XD

I kinda have mixed feelings about that… I hope I won’t end up in the hands of RNJesus with this too… But I think we still know too little yet to decide what is wrong and what isn’t.

Of course we’re still in beta.
That’s why people slowly left. They didn’t leave because they hated the game, they left because as they saw IMC changing things constantly, sometimes heavily, they realized this game is still in beta and IMC isn’t sure on what to do or what they want to do.

To start with they skipped the “open beta” phase, but they never should have. Because they weren’t ready. The game wasn’t ready. And people knew about it from the start, and realized how right they were as things continued.
A lot of people (me included) told themselves “I’ll check TOS a couple times a year, see how it evolves, and wait for it to not be in beta anymore”. The game might die before that happens, but those people were fine with it because it’s IMC’s fault for rushing when they had all the cards in hands to make something great, popular and successful in this MMORPG genre.

Now I wonder if this Re:Build means they’re working on changing the whole game on different aspects, or if they’re gonna only change the class system.
Because TOS needs a lot of changes, and the class system wasn’t the priority, although it could need some changes.
I think the terrible optimization and the RNG fest are more important.
Also, honestly, TOS lost a lot of its immersion and lore/world building. Maybe it’s because it’s meant to be a casu game and I never realized it ? ‘-’

2 Likes

why cleric stat distribute to all stat why dont they make an option where player can choose their own stat distribution modifier like RO image
so no more full con or full str build and player will have to choose at least 3 stats at beginning … and this way stats reset potion can be utilize to let player test their build. with auto stat with no option to choose most build will be the same … same equips and stats… well that will be boring :tired:

2 Likes

Any translations for the new Gem effects??

Translations in ktos thread. These are just a few, the others are somewhere too but I won’t find them (about removed skills, changed costumes, points per stat, …).

New armour mastery effects + dashing for classes + special scaling here << click

New gem effects here << click

New stat mechanics (dodge, block, …) here <<<

New Astral Tower unique raid item effects here <<<

New Boruto drake raid medal here <<<

7 Likes

Fortunately I’m already on hiatus, but I am not a fan of this inconvenience. Archers, one of the most lackluster class trees (both conceptually and performance-wise) just got decimated.

While you can’t please everyone, it’s unfortunate that the Archer tree is losing 4 classes that will probably not be replaced anytime soon (or that may never be replaced) and I lose my Rogue-Hackapell, my favorite and quirkiest archer.

Let’s see how long it’ll be before there’s any work on the Archer tree… I certainly won’t be holding my breath.

There are 2 new classes already planned for the first half of 2019, one for cannon, another for Muskets.

Hackapell is going to Swordsman, I cannot see where it might be in a bad situation than it already is under Archer’s.

Give it a try when it comes :wink:

Do you mean the 2 new classes announced for the new “Scout” tree or have they announced something specifically for Archers that can be linked to?

I know where the classes removed are going, but I still think that the Archer tree will be even worse off without the critical resistance debuff from Hackapell, the critical rate buff from Rogue, as well as a few other skills.

1 Like

Losing five classes and gaining one or two is still better than nothing, but I’m still unenthused about all of this. At any rate, thanks for the link.

It’s for the better, with less weapon options the whole tree can be more consistent (assuming they’ll increase skill compatibility). Hackapel should stay within Scout as it fits way more there and can be changed into sword+pistol, but i’m not sure if it will be relevant as Rogue may be changed completely.

3 Likes

The problem with Hacka being in the swordie tree is that it is not compatible with any other class because of mount and weapon restriction.

-Cata would increase Hacka dmg with Acrobatic Mount, but Cata uses spears while Hacka uses sword.
-Dragoon, Rete and Hoplite and Lancer also use spears.
-Fencer and Matador use Rapier.
-Barb would be good with hacka, but Cleave cant be used while mounted.
-Highlander would be good, but Crosscut cant be used with mount.
-Pelt could be decent, but if I remember right, Hacka will use Sword+dagger or pistol, while Pelt needs shield to use most skills.
-Rodelero also uses shield, and High Kick cant be used while mounted.
-Doppel could be good with 1H sword, but Cyclone and Punish cant be used on mount.
-Murm and Muay cant use any skills with mount.

That leaves us with… Templar. It has a sword skill that can used with mount, so thats nice. But Shield Charge and Forge cant be used.

Cata-Lancer-Hacka will be viable, but will need to make use of the auto swap feature with 2H pike and 1H sword. This build would have 5 “charge” skills, so that could be fun(Rhongomiant, Joust, Steed Charge, Cavalry Charge, Infinite Assault).

But of course, most of these problems would be solved they reduce restrictions with mount. And I really hope they do that, otherwise I fail to see Hacka being playable unless you are ok with needing 2 weapons.

With hacka being on archer, we can at least use Ranger, Rogue, Appraiser and Falc skills with no restrictions.

2 Likes

Well rogue isn’t in archer tree anymore either, it’s now in scout tree. ^^

if i recall correctly there’s no restriction aside sword, if they were to put pistols they would ship it to scout.

Yes devblog mentions hackapel is moved to swordsman-classes and the sword is changed to main-hand. Leaving off-hand for shield or dagger. The reason hackapel is on sword class is because the Scout classes have skills scaling on off-hand (dagger or pistol). Hackapel skills are planned to scale on Sword Main-hand. I think the leg shot skill will be removed from hackapel.

Nope. Pistols are not free to use for Swordsman classes.
You have to pick Corsair then buy the attribute. And now it’s gone.
Pistols will be a thing only for Scouts now.

Hope SR gets Leg Shot. :heart_eyes:

Thanks dude! Always reliable!

DAng it, I have red gems on my staff… they are gonna change it to physical attack XD

1 Like