Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Yes! Forgot that!
I’ll change it

Haste was pretty useless for the majority of game content anyway, since you only ever needed the speed to waste less time of your EXP tomes when going through dungeons.

Now that all Classes can sprint to boost their movement speed & have access to so many movement speed boosts (enchant jewels, substats on recipe-based equipments, Class attributes and other buff skills) where the strongest skill-/consumable-based movement speed increase effect will overwrite the effect of others, Haste was no longer needed and even outright dangerous as probably everyone would’ve reached 60/63 movement speed with Haste+Sprint.

Seems the developers acknowledge the fact that they still haven’t come up with a good solution on what to do with Stamina except sprinting…

The real problem of Chronomancer is that this Class still has 0 offensive capabilities.
I mean honestly, how are you supposed to be balanced if 1 out of 3 Classes in your build has 0 offensive capabilities?
Even if you can Pass your CD on other offensive skills, this still wouldn’t be enough to acquire a proper balancing but making the Class only partially increase the overall damage capabilities of the character by a certain percentage.

This will not suffice to make the character ~equal to another character that has one more offensive Class in it,though, and it totally neglects the possibilities that manipulating time offers to their masters.
Chances are also very high that depending on the new CD times, Pass won’t be effective on a lot of skills that have way less than 25/30 seconds of CD time.

Maybe they’ve changed the effects of Pass,though, so that e.g. Pass allows you to use a skill several times in a row without sending it on CD time (adding “overheats” to the skill) while Time Forward will retain the current Pass effect of skipping towards a certain time when your CD time has been reduced by several seconds.

2 Likes

An Archer with Haste is different from an Archer that now has access to dash, but can’t dash while in battle stance. :confused:

I agree that a costly skill (either by levels and/or materials) just for a walking speed effect is not healthy. But I still gonna miss it.

It is a support class. You are going the same old path of comparing damage capabilities of a single support class versus a single DPS class. We can put on the table if Chronomancer’s support will be good and have its own place to survive, but not his DPS capabilities, cause he is not meant to deal direct damage.

You have other 2 picks that can be DPS and, in theory, as damage factors will have horizontal scale across classes, then Pyro should be doing the same damage as Warlock, for example. One will just have to find a good skill rotation for damage.

In theory.

1 Like

Well, if you pick priest or oracle is because you want to be full support.

1 Like

Pass is not enough dps wise? Well maybe solo. But starting with only one second char. You get at least equal dps from activating pass for you and him if you do it at the good time. :wink:
And starting a third char, it means more dps for the team. And well pvp is 3v3 at least so i see no problem there.

Also they may have changed some things to the class also. ^^ And they are the ones who got Quick Cast, which means more dps for Caster Build. (Twice less time to cast if it remains how it is right now)

2 Likes

Quality of image is extremely bad. But I read similar things, so I think it is correct.
By zooming in 500% and using sharpen tool I still could not view it well.

Ignas items (from the new Astral Tower unique raid)
Entrance at Astral Tower 4f, at the NPC

Level 380 items
Potential: 13
Durability: 50

Notes:
-buff or effect names do not matter, they will assign an English name once it hits iTOS
-this is a dev blog and it mentions ‘items still in development and effects might change or get adjusted’

Example items shown:

Ignas gloves - cloth (red grade)
phys def 960
mag def 1920
INT +59
SPR +59
critical rate +62
effects: when you deal a critical hit, the [buff name] activates:
+250 magic critical attack damage, max 2 stacks, 10seconds duration

Ignas boots - leather (red grade)
phys def 960
magic def 960
STR +59
DEX +59
Movespeed +1
effects: ‘when equipped, gain the special effects of [buff name]’
when you dodge (evasion), the Ignas [buff name] activates:
-> critical rate increases by +(70 x [buff name] stacks), 10 seconds duration

Ignas pants - plate (red grade)
Phys def 2880
magic def 1440
STR +59
INT +59
CON +59
Block +52
effects: 'when equipped, gain the special effects of [buff name]
when you receive damage, gain a (5 x [buff name]-stacks)% chance to activate the Ignas [buff name]
-> Maximum attack +250, max 3 stacks, 10 seconds duration

1 Like

I find it terribly sad.

I have been a Chrono since the beginning… I survived all the Update, I remained a humble Chrono against all, even when the game no longer wanted me or my skills.

And here, I learn that in addition to annihilating the logical continuity of my build (Enchanter) by offering it to the Scout, I get Quicken stolen by thauma (As if he needed it!) And Haste is deleted ? This is a joke !

What remains to me? Slow? Stop? These are pathetic crowd control spells totally overshadowed by other class that, furthermore have offensive capabilities.

Backmasking? Haha, this paid resurrection (at a stupid price), which is less efficient than a real resurrection that costs nothing and does not require ninja reflexes, which has been useful only once or twice in the life of a chrono?

Reincarnate? The clone x1 useless, always paying, does work most of the time ? When the Kabba can do up to 9 targets without paying?

Effects unnecessarily conditionned and complex, that one pays for strictly no reason and no result, how can one still propose that to the Chronomancer while there is a great opportunity to make a classe better.

I doubt that Pass fully justifies a class and I understand to not have offensive spells IF and only IF my class is a real support, but here we have nothing left except support, but near useless support. How to accept this state of the class, when other classes have devastating offensive spells while having more interesting support / control spells than ours? What am I compared to a Kino or even simple Cryo …? I mean, my crowd controls are weaker, do not hit and have limitations…

If the Wizard does not need a support class anymore, mercy kill us by placing us in the Scout tree … We’ll be more of an aberration anyway.

In conclusion, it’s a real disappointment. Still, I could always us it for Onmio / Elem … And again, if Quickcast remains as important as we know it now, nothing is less certain, since it becomes a chrono spell. It must become useless, that’s the tradition.

My sadness is at its height, I wonder why such relentlessness agains the Chrono, a class that had already almost disappeared from the game …

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they keep reincarnate on chrono since it doesn’t do ■■■■ any more…
can’t use on dg, can’t use on velc, can’t use on books, can’t use on anything except salus.
and you just get ONE SHARD on salus when it works, like once a week, it’s incredibly bad for what it really does, a complete waste of materials basically.

6 Likes

Wait for the infos of skill changes first. You don’t know what has changed in the chrono. Every skills may have changed in term of values, utility etc etc.
Chrono crowd controls may be different now and far stronger.
Some spells could have dots now so chrono class can do some damage.
Even pass could have a completely different use now. :slight_smile:

Rebuild isn’t the tos that we know right now. They want to put stronger identities to each class. ^^
So either this week, either next week we’ll finally know what has changed (for now, cause it may change even more if chrono’s identity isn’t strong enough :wink: )

So keep breathing until real patch notes.

1 Like

What if Chrono’s ‘time forward’ is a damaging skill for them? Maybe it ages enemies forward in order to deal damage to them over time or something.

Chrono gets quick cast now as well as still having pass, so I suppose their niche in the wizard tree is now to provide fast casting and cooldown removal to support other wizard skills rather than being powerhouses on their own. It’s still not very satisfying but it’s a niche I guess.

1 Like

Probably a broader version of Crescendo Bane.

Ah yes, because using a couple buffs and then AFKing or AAing was such an engaging way to play support in this game.

It’s almost like they’re making changes to make the class more active and less “sit on ass while 4 people carry me.”

2 Likes

I still think that Chrono might be fine.
I still wonder what will happen to Oracle, that poor class.

I wonder how Squire,Alchemist and Pardoner usefulness in combat after the Re:Build.

2 Likes

Probably nothing impressive/game changing…
They are craft/shop classes

I wonder as well if the hidden classes will get more skills?I read somewhere that Miko/Kannushi is atleast getting 1 new skill.

I hope they all get 2 or 3 new skills.

Rune Caster will have a new one… Seems to be Rune of Earth or something like that.

Raiton no jutsu (?) was datamined some weeks ago, probably will go to Shinobi.

Chaplain is leaving the hidden class train, so I guess it will get more stuff than the others.

Can’t remember anything more that could potentially be related to the remaining hidden classes.

Ugh you guys are such drama queens

They’re literally rebuilding the whole class system and trying to make classes better as a whole so there is no “low rank” classes anymore
And that includes shifting some skills and deleting some others
For example they already said that quickcast will be gone from wiz but wiz classes won’t suffer as much from it because they do realize that in the current state of the game quickcast is a important skill, but perhaps the new casting times won’t be so long that we’ll need it in every build etc…

So at least wait till the patch comes out to cry your rivers

4 Likes

I’m wondering if you will still need priest to sell your spells.

The more characters you have, the less the chance that you actually Pass at the optimum time frame to have everyone at least benefit a little bit. From my experience, I can tell you that whenever there was a Chronomancer in my party, it didn’t make a difference for my skillset.
My skills were either already off CD or had so few seconds left that it didn’t make a difference anyway.

The greatest weakness of Pass is that it is aimed at high CD time skills, but there are very few of them in the game, the most of them actually have a medium or low CD time.
It also is counter-intuitive since skill combos are not really taken into account for the skill (e.g. you have one skill already used,are ready to use the one with the higher CD that has an interaction with it but then you receive Pass before you can use the next skill), so more often than not a reset CD time doesn’t do much if you have to wait for the other skill to have the effect you want.

Pass could’ve been good if the player actually had a choice how much time he wants to Pass with skillevel.
Imagine e.g. that not only the Pass Duration, but also the Pass cooldown time would differ from level to level, with the CD time always being double the time passed (e.g. if passed time is 10 seconds at level 2, then CD time would be 20 seconds,
if passed time is 15 seconds at level 3, then CD time would be 30 seconds and so on).
With such a flexible skill, the gains could’ve been much greater, depending on build focus.

And with the high costs on the item, the increased utility would also come with a higher cost,
which counters the increased utility a little.

All in all, Pass had an ill design, similarly to how Double Chance and Gevura of Kabbalist behave, it’s good for soloing, but incredibly bad to time in party content, unless you time it via TS or Discord or RaidCall.

And Kabbalist still has the advantage that Gematria and Notarikon can be used to signal your teammates that you’re about to multiply, though chances are high that they just keep on attacking anyway because TOS ultimately is dumbed down to that attacking>facetanking>healing/potion chugging>attacking formula.

Oracle is probably in a much better position now.
No more Gender Shop, you get full Oracle C3 which is straight down-to-earth in its build structure, and since Cleric lost Safety Zone, there will be use for your Foretell and Foresight and Counter Spell in the actual game.

The same goes for Dievdirbys, these Classes are now at their height because they are now extremely effective if you invest 1 Class choice into them, and probably more so if the developers will ever allow us to choose one additional Class, since there are only so few skill slots on your game pad/keyboard that can be utilized without a hassle.
If the chance arises to take another Class, I’ll definitely take either Oracle or Dievdirbys into my build, even when it results in screwing over my stats even more, simply because of their high utility and easy “cast and go”-play style.

I just hope they do the right balancing on Death Sentence[so you don’t die anymore since there is no Safety Zone to protect you anymore] and Prophecy [since the skill has a hit count, the effect duration should be increased to 300 seconds like all other buffs; skill duration can always be changed for PVP on PVP maps after all].

It’s Rune of Stone, at least the gem says it’s named that way.

Probably, since the Priest buff spells [aside of Stone Skin] will not be moved.
Imo it would’ve been better to exchange the debuff skill[Discerning Evil] of Pardoner for these buffs of Priest [Aspersion,Sacrament,Blessing], cap Oblation and Spell Shop and Simony at level 1 and keep the other Pardoner Skills.
From Oracle we know it’s not impossible to have 11 skills in total if some are only level 1.
Then, all Priest and Pardoner buff skills should cap at level 10 with new scaling so you can max all 4 of them + Simony+Spell Shop + Oblation & have 2 utility points left over for whatever skills are left.

That way, a buff shop would only require 1 Class, so it’s still viable for active game participation with the open choices for Class 3&4.
With the current model, it might be even gruesome to level the thing up, given you’ll be Cleric>Priest>Pardoner and then probably Kabbalist or Oracle or whatever to get another high SPR modifier…

1 Like