Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Re:Build - The Introduction’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=1530

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

15 Likes

very nice to see interesting changes on the way, will be looking forward to the indepth info

1 Like

kTOS General Thread v2.0drrm

and now 2 years later the devs want to eliminate the plague…

2 Likes

I’m welcoming to most of the changes except for,

1. Stat system will be changed.
  • Stat allocation will be automated and increase with each level to better reflect class characteristics.
  • Extra stat points obtained through quests or Goddess Statues will be available for the players to allocate freely.

It dumbs down the player base & removes customization of certain builds, regardless if the’re retarded or not, into a unified build. This said, by having the removal of low and high ranks and being able to freely choose the classes would have th esame effect as to certain classes being entirely shunned

7 Likes

I think they should wipe server give new start

3 Likes

does this mean everyone is forced to have 45 skill points on
swordsman
cleric
wiz
archer classes?

or players get to choose their starting class as anything aside from those?

I think base classes will remain where they are…

i mean like for wiz class instead of starting from wiz, i can directly go for cryomancer

if not, i’ll be wasting a lot of skill points just by the initial wiz

that’s what I mean, you will always start as one of those classes and then can select any other…

Is sad if am right as I hate repeating circles so having now 2 characters per class be same as each other would annoy me :pensive:

All nice and dandy when the Devs theory craft and put it into sweet words, but so many classes and trees have heavy weapon, mount and other restrictions, so the fantasized 560 possible combinations in the swordsman tree will never be achieved, since you’re not addressing the big stepping stones you put into the game so far.

This goes hand to hand with a necessary huge skill balance patch. So many lower ranked classes have lackluster skills with unnecessary drawbacks while at the same time higher ranked classes possess very similar skills in execution and effect that are stronger without any drawbacks. It feels like multiple Devs work on balance patches without talking to each other and getting approval by different persons. That’s the feeling you get when playing ToS.

In regards to stats youre just beating around the bush on what the real issue is and that’s the upgrade system that makes and stat allocation, automatic or not, unnecessary. Due to the insane high upgrade levels that are possible in Tos and the transcendence system, stats are really not an important factor in dealing damage anyway.

The problem is much bigger than what was communicated in this announcement.

7 Likes

i dont even have any use for wiz skills in the first place… preferencewise… / w \

tragic tragic .____.

1 Like

Very welcomed changes. However, I have a couple issues with this.

1. This is a minor and easily solvable issue, but many class masters will have to be moved. Will they all be moved to Klaipeda, Orsha and Fedimian? We don’t really want new characters who chose classes like Shadowmancer as their second class to be thrown into a map filled with monsters hundreds of levels higher than them. Perhaps get rid of the “submaster” NPCs and move some class masters to their place. The submaster thing has been an outdated concept ever since players can no longer choose to start in Klaipeda or Orsha.
  2. This new stat system. I have a very strong opinion that this has the reverse effect of killing build diversity. For example, I play a Featherfoot with all stat points thrown into CON to increase the damage of my Blood Curse skill. Players who enjoy focusing on one stat like I do would be forced to rely on equipment even more than they already do in order to make up for the loss. Also, I hope there will be some changes to how each stat works (again). There’s a reason why people think STR and INT are still a waste of points.
7 Likes

Long time since i last posted, but here we go!

1- Are new weapons going to be released with the new base class tree?
E.g. Katar weapons if you release a Thief base class. And most wanted for some classes : Fist weapons for Monk and Nak Muay.

2- I will quote "- Players will be provided with a [Class Tree Change] ", what will actually happen with those players who have their Velcoffer weapons at 0 potential+ ichor’d+transcended and want to swap to another class tree. Are you going to provide a trade and/or extraction event for those wanting to switch class trees and keep their months of effort with them? Same question for armors that are/were focused for a specific class tree.

3- Quoting: "Attribute system will be changed.

• The learning cost will be drastically reduced for all attributes.
  • New feature will be added where players can extract attribute points from their characters."

Does that mean you will give all the money(Silver) spent in attribute points back to us before these changes kick in?
E.g. This is my current investment on my Doppelsoeldner. Will i keep the same amount of attribute points after the patch?
imagen

These are the questions that i considered are important for the community to know beforehand so they can take action before we get some mistranslation from your official posts that has happened in the past, like the transcendence change event.

Last but not least, Congrats on the Re:Build. Hopefully we will get one of these including a change on the engine or heavy improvements on the graphic optimization. This game has potential in PvP and GvG, but not in the current circumstances.

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ve gone thru this ■■■■ three weeks ago,

1. What would that achieve?
  2. Does this solve the issue this topic is on? Of which it is the “Rebuild of ToS ranks” ?

The first is a self satisfying power trip and the second is irrelevant to the said topic. You’re completely off topic. Stop it.

wipe wipe wipe bla-bla-bla
how u stupid kids not understand: wipe not fixing all bugs, its only delete all your characters

Oh. Another issue i should add, how will hidden classes be implemented given they’re only class15 as opposed to say archer45 ?

3 Likes

Not sure if I should be glad or be worried about this. Now it’s starting to feel like we never really left beta. Looking forward to more updates on this.

6 Likes

I strongly agree… pls no change on stat system just revamp it but dont make it automated :sad:

3 Likes

Magic attacks will be changed so that it is possible to land a critical strike, be dodged and blocked

My life as a poor Wiz just got more complicated. :tired:

3 Likes

From what i remember their initial thought was to make attribute points account global?