Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

They could give linker a Clown-like costume , so everyone that named their linkers hisoka would be happy.

This would make sense…

Or maybe Chaplain will get it.

One of my bets is that Cleric will have basic heal stuff, Priest will come with the heavy healings, revive and defensive stuff, and Chaplain will stick with buffs and skills that improve the damage dealt.

I think priests are in dire need of reworking though. The way they’re now, one can as well just give blessing/sacrament/… to pardoners. But I’d prefer for them to just remove pardoners. I’m not against the concept, but I hate how buffs work right now.
Or move them to scout class >:]

We should move you to Scout Class.
They need to fix the fight between Priest users and Pardoner Shops.

I think its a great idea but my main concern is about the hidden classes with just one circle being left behind. And also I think when you can only choose 3 classes the ones that are complementary to each other will just die, cause they will cost 2 of your 3 circles. Like for example diev and miko.

"Stat allocation will be automated"
Only thing i didn’t like, i like to allocate it myself and do my own build, if they do it automaticly it will feel like Diablo III. I like the rest but they shouldn’t remove stat allocation cause it will remove customization from the player.

I BEG WITH ALL MY MIGHT JUST SCRAP THIS PART PLS.

Besides this part: "4. Attribute system will be changed.
- The learning cost will be drastically reduced for all attributes.
- New feature will be added where players can extract attribute points from their characters."

Will i lose my invested attribute points?? And the ones i have not invested will be afected??
Cause i do hope not.

Oh the delicious smell of fear…hue hue hue!! Just do it IMC im waiting for the news.
Im tired of the actual class system that only show me a tree of savior with dead class where low ranks sucks. I love to play as a pyromancer and my class are f…ed. Pvp are dead for ages, no one goes to play pvp becouse we haVE a broken class system that makes only those rich exploiters and gold seller clients with overpowered gears (+21 full set), showing who is the best tos cheater. For all this im felling so happy that things is begining to change. Its what make me still be a tree of savior player. IMC does not have afraid to change and im proud of this company. COME ON REMAKE IT IMC!!

And something that make me excited: This could be the assassin class? Just think, Scout - Rogue - Shinobi - Assassin… oh my god i cant wait for this day…

1 Like

from datamine, there is assassins like skills under the scout category. so i bet its really assassin.

1 Like

I think you’re confusing gear system with class system. Don’t get your hopes up, just because class system will break, gear system won’t fix itself. It won’t fix itself even if class system will miraculously improve (well, some things will definitely improve, the question is how many other things will break instead).

If they are working on class its means gear could be changed too in the future. So it give me some hope!

1 Like

You can still allocate the stat points from quests and exploration (Zeymyna statues), which is a nice thing.
I hope we will receive more free “bonus” stat points with upcoming updates for quests, so that we can still put a decent amount(between 50 and 100) of points into our stats by ourselves.

The automatic stat allocation should stay since it makes a difference based on Class choices and reduces the urge to put all stat points into 1 stat only (which the new system would entice you to even more since there are only 3 relevant stats left per Class).

I bet every character will be completely reset[exempting base levels and Class exp] with the changes as attributes and skills will be removed/moved, Classes moved,too.
It would be a mess if they don’t reset it when the changes apply.

On average, the attribute costs will increase, depending on your build choice, so rejoice, you will be poorer than before.

1 Like

based on what cleric get from auto stat distribution compared to other classes … well i feel like it is time to migrate all my clerics to other classes which have more appealing stat distribution… no more tree of cleric :tired:
well goodbye cleric u have gave me so much fun time playing tos … :satisfaction: time to move on

I am very curious to see how most of these changes work out!
Thank you devs for your courage and efforts! @staff

It’s definitely a great thing that the intention is to make all classes equally viable. If that can be turned from theory into reality ToS is gonna be even better! I’m not expecting this to happen on the very first iteration though.
Please guys and girls, hold back your crying and have some patience. Instead of ragequitting, just try to drop constructive feedback and work with the devs to help them make a game that we all can enjoy (even if not everything will go according to your personal wishes).

I know a lot of people have said this already but I’d like to drop my vote here too: I really don’t like automatic stat allocation.
It sounds like a poor workaround for the real source of the problem.
The problem is existance of dominant class/stat builds making player choices irrelevant (not-optimal) in the long run.
Automatic stat distribution feels to me like saying “Let’s not even pretend that stat distribution is relevant!
Instead of automatic stat distribution I would rather see the stat system adjusted to make various distribution strategies relevant, e. g. by making them situational or playstyle-based.

I feel like one ot the issues with current system is that some classes heavily benefit from certain stats. I think reducing that would be one of the steps to be taken.

so with Bullet marker getting removed from archer class.

do i have to redo the entire unlock quest again?

guess its a good time to take a break from the game till the Re-build is implemented then…
since im currently playing a BM

leveling from scratch again…

No, they will give you a class unlock voucher.

1 Like

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri

I have a proposal for the developers to make Cleric less miserable with the stat spread:

add an additional 0,5 modifier onto DEX or SPR [so that Clerics stat gain is 2,5 points per base level in contrast to the other base Classes’ 2,0] , depending on the Class focus.

With the current Stat spread, Cleric is the only Class tree that in theory uses all 5 stats while the others only use 3 [so Cleric spreads the 2 points on 1,66 times the amount of stats].

This results in very averaged stats regardless of build choice and a very bad SPR modifier in a lot of cases,
which is counter-intuitive to the basic premise that the base Class Cleric is now focused on healing and status ailment cure.

With the changed modifier, Cleric would look like this:

Add 0,5 on top of the DEX modifier on all magic-focused Clerics (Sadhu,Exorcist,Krivis,Priest,Oracle,Miko,Dievdirbys,Druid,Kabbalist,Plague Doctor,Pardoner)

Add 0,5 on top of the SPR modifier on all physical-focused Clerics
(Zealot,Paladin,Inquisitor,Monk,Chaplain)

Add 0,2 on top of the SPR modifier and 0,3 on top of the DEX modifier of the base Class “Cleric”

While this might at first glance look as if Cleric would have an advantage, it’s not that way since DEX is completely useless for magic-based skills and SPR is completely useless for physical-based skills.

However, by adding this little additional modifier, you achieve two things:

1. you make hybrid builds in Cleric less punishing as you retain a good amount of SPR (healing,buffing) and DEX (attack speed) regardless of build

2. you lessen the difference in Healing capabilities between physical-[very low],magical-[medium] and buff [very high] builds

Old R8 Classes won’t have quests anymore.
Chaplain also becomes a normal class > so no more quest for them.
Other hidden classes will still get the quest, but seems npc’s will be moved to easier zones for some of them.

Lastly but none : all chars who had a hidden class will get a free voucher to select an hidden class. (Don’t really know if you get to pick which one, or if it gives you the scroll of the unlocked class > if the second, let’s hope they at least makes it tradeable in team storage so we can switch it between chars) ^^

1. Clerics being punished on their ability to take hybrid builds is something we have needed in a long time. So i will accept the proposed numbers for now.

2. About proposals: Several skills and buffs will get their formula changed to fit the new stat system. It would be incredible hasted to try to jump to numerical proposals without any further base than a developer blog with minimal information. I recommend you to wait until the test server is deployed, there is a discord focused around it, where if you have a korean Nexon account you can bring the information yourself or ask people with access to answer a few doubts you might have to start forming proposals or ideas.

A good supported and tested proposal will get you better attention than an out of thin air one.

Look forward to a new theorycrafting enviroment more than a comparison between old and new. And to everyone who might have been here during the combat change patch, remember how it took a period of several weeks to understand how could the system be taken to OP levels.

5 Likes

Yeah, classes being more balanced sucks! Where’s the realism? Immersiveness? Boo!

1 Like

Well as long as i can at least allocate some points on is ok, cause there are some stats i focus more for me play style, im not a build pro i build it for fun so i like the customization.

PS: Im already poor im a lowly 172 lvl swordsman(returned to the game after some(LONG) time without pc), so more poor than that won’t change much unless they remove all my points.

I just hope they do reset stuff or at least give us a free reset coupon or something cause otherwise that will be a huge mess.

PPS: Since they are making such a big change why not make dual wield style atack with both weapons or at the very least give us a ON\OFF skill to be able to atack with both weapons at the same time, cause dual wild feels of has ■■■■, if we play corsair with dagger and sword it kind sucks not being able to atack with both, i mean why dual wield if i can only atack with 1 weapon at a time.