Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Visible Talent, Knife Throwing[or Dagger Slash], Oblique Fire[or Wild Shot] sounds plausible on top of Cloaking and Camouflage.

Or maybe he gains Double Attack as a buff that allows to attack twice per button press [with a dagger or sword]when auto-attacking instead of only once[RO’s Thief passive skill effect will be copied here I guess].

1 Like

I cant wait for Knife throwing as I still play Diablo 2 and was thinking man there are no throw-able weapons here D:

So been able to throw knives even as a skill will make me happy xD

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan
Is the auto scaling final on some classes because Plague Doctor is getting Dexterity and Strength while being a caster/healer hybrid. The scaling listed bellow would suit it much better

Plague Doctor STR DEX Con INT SPR
0 0 0.55 0.75 0.7

Its too early to say it would suit it or not…

We dont know which skills it will have… Maybe it will remain the same, but i highly doubt it…
This is valid for all of the classes, we dont know which skills they will end having…

After we know the skills, we can start arguing if it suits it or not…

2 Likes

There’s no need to guess!

In this piece of screenshot, we can see the names of 4 new skills:

• Double Attack
  • Oblique Fire (pistol skill)
  • Dagger Slash (dagger skill)
  • Free Step

These four are most likely to go to Scout, so it probably means Cloaking would be the only existing skill that remains.

11 Likes

You have good eyes, Tom. Double attack? = dual weapon assault (old corsair skill) right? I cannot view this text properly.

Text on quicken Level 1:
(normal) attack speed + 25 (+35 at level 2)
Duration: 36s (42s at level 2)
Cost: 1 reagent (the usual)
SP cost 113 (level 1), 113 (level 2) ====> no SP scaling on buff skills?
Cooldown 40

…You can get the scaling on Quicken from this image

However
The newly edited image shows
SP cost: 27 instead

They also hid the first skill (double attack)

Since I started anyway:

Dev blog
Edit: it is water shikigami, nevermind

The image with animus and the rod shows all former ‘magic amplification’ is changed into -magic critical attack damage- (similar to physical critical attack damage). Magic amp is removed.

Masinios crossbow image shows running shot is removed (from the effects). Then, it shows +3000 property-less damage bonus as a stat instead (as replacement for the former running shot boost).

New raid
Boruta medal shows:
(grade legendary)
+1 boruta medal - swordman
The Terry blacksmith at Fedi will help you upgrade this medal(or call it badge). Medal + medal -> upgrade the effects.

Dragon aura
Physical attack +357
Same as first
Physical critical attack damage +675
(final effect shown on image): gung ho damage +15%

On the right image, it shows the Kraujas set effect

Reading new ignas set item effects…

15 Likes

Why did you tagging staffs?
:no_mouth:

so they can see something that’s quite crucial to the scaling of a class that uses healing and magic dps skills and pass it on to the lead developers. i don’t know what they were thinking giving it str and dex scaling.

one must not judge the dept of the lake by the stone we throw on it surface…

Let’s wait for all info before we jump into conclusions…

3 Likes

you know that they can simply change in the code to the skills use STR /DEX instead of INT/SPR and just say that the end result is magical damage, right?

Honestly it would be interesting to keep the substats how they are, have both CAtk in DEX, block pen to INT and add Crit Rate to SPR. This way we have…

STR - PAtk, Acc
DEX - CAtk, Attack Speed, Evasion
CON - HP, Block
INT - MAtk, Block Pen
SPR - SP, Healing, Crit Rate

Of course some stats can have lower ratios on other substats (Healing to INT, Block Pen to DEX, etc) but this distribution makes stats more appealing.

1 Like

We can even see there what could potentially be the whole Thaumaturge kit:

• Quicken
  • Shrink Body
  • Swell Body
  • Reversi
  • Swell Hands
  • Swell Brain

Wonder if quicken will have the same catalyst as the others. And if Swell Brain will still work as it does today.

1 Like

swell brain could also add a extra for physical classes.
since the tree itself have become physical, there is no reason to complete remove the int and m atk value, but remember like quicken had attribute that increase critical rate and decrease evasion? they could add something like that for it, focused of course for physical classes so the tree can also use it.
the main question is if thauma is still int spr use for their buff at all.

remember enchanter and linker are there too…

Also a thing to question is the new shinobi kit with raiton no jutsu (that someone datamined) , so i am wondering if they will make the skills from shinobi finally work with elemental proprierties, so katon will do fire and raiton eletric…

yeah, but as i stated in other thread about builds i believe.
there is no reason to keep not only thauma but enchant and linker and m classes anymore.
since all the tree is physical.
if they did keep it magic and use matk, it will go back to the same problem we have TODAY for those classes, some builds and in this cases builds that involve them would only work with them and only them.
some of course may argue that they could be taken as in some form of supp for wizards to party with, but even them the problem would still be the same, they would be undervalued if mixed with any other class we know in the new tree , since we are not here talking about simple choice of skill or gameplay but a entire difference type of damage that would become the rift caused by M atk X phsycal ATK and in the end, builds that involves those classes would be limited to some niche or gimmick game plays, something that imc is tried to move on with the re build and everything else.
remember, the main point of all this change is to move on of the entire 26 "mostly taken " builds they talked about, they are buffing and mixing things around so everything can fit together in a way that we are not penalized too heavily by not choosing X or Y class anymore, but if they keep them as Matk, the only choice would without doubt be M atk classes for them.
edit: i even tried to find the excel sheet with all classes stats too see if enchanter thauma and linker is still receiving spr/int but i failed to do so, if anyone still have it please post it again so i can download ^^ and also check the value for those 3 classes.

Stat scalings and because they wield sword+dagger…and mace wasn’t mentioned yet… I see a higher chance that everything is physical on the Scout tree even if it is hard to imagine now…

0 int/spr scalings on the scout tree

If swell hands are going to increase damage, I doubt that Swell Brain will do the same. Honestly, I’m too attached with the actual way it works, can’t find a different usage for it. My bet is that it will increase SPR, for better SP pool and SP Regen for everybody. But even this idea seems not OK for me…

When I made my Hei Character I had to make him archer cause it was the only class that at least had 1 costume that somewhat looked like the character and 1 class that used dagger and crossbow on it…

TSGC: I Stretched as far as I could reach to create it…

But soon with Scout I will have more classes that fit it, than I can put in the build :sad:

2 Likes

Could also be crit rate for both patk/matk, could be anything.

3 Likes