Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

HUH! sorry some of my brain cells died after reading…

WHY D:

acontece more :\

Someone isn’t very fit.

2 Likes

I dunno if I’m interpreting the stuff in the FAQs correctly but there seems to be something about IMC considering a trade-in system for 350 and 380 weapons so you can swap them to other weapon types?

From what I can tell swapping velco is a sure thing, but if they do decide to let us swap masinios/asio/wastrel or even just primus then this update just got all the more interesting.

You know, I think Featherfoot should have been moved to the Scout tree. IRL Featherfoot/Kurdaitcha are somewhat like shaman assassins and similar to the ninja, they mystified their followers by performing specific techniques in order to appear like they were doing magic.

Their killing method involved careful tracking and stalking/following a target for days on end , making visual threats to scare the target and make them believe they had been cursed, eventually killing them through stress. When they had to get the job done more quickly they would pierce the victim with kangaroo or dingo bones in their sleep in order to give them infections.

Nothing magical about that, but having to track and hound a target in this manner is very scout/assassin-like behavior I think.

In addition to the new crit system,

Block
-blocking attacks (physical or magical attacks) now halves the received damage instead of completely ignoring the damage.

Evasion (dodge)
Evasion applies fully until you are in combat with 5 enemies.
5+ enemies: each enemy reduces your evasion by 10% (reduction caps at halved evasion).

Movespeed
-when using multiple movespeed buffs (from skills, or from items), only the highest movespeed buff will apply. (no more movespeed stacking)
-movespeed bonus stat from equip, token, other premium benefits still stack.

SP cost
Because all classes are now ‘even’ , and the SPR stat no longer gives +SP pool.
-the SP cost of skills will scale on your (character) level
-some ‘special’ skills will not increase in SP cost (no scaling)

Additional info on F1 status screen
Image shows:
-Base (normal) attack speed: 10
-skill attack speed: 5
-movespeed: 30
-casting time factor: 90%
-Provocation (aggro-stat): 30%

New formulas
-all formulas will have a change in calculation:
OLD: (attack stat minus defensive stat), for example (critical rate - enemy critical resistance)
NEW: (attack stat / defensive stat), for example (critical rate / enemy crit resist)
Applies to:
block vs block pen,
evasion vs accuracy,
critical resistance vs critical rate

Armour break stacking
Changes to no longer fully stack, example:
Break effect1: -20% def
effect2: -20% def
effect3: -10% def

OLD: 20+20+10 = 50% armour break
NEW: 1 - (0.8 x 0.8 x 0.9) = 42.4% armour break

That’s it for me, enough reading and typing
link to Gem changes <<< click here
previous post about armour mastery changes & new Dashing for each class << here

20 Likes

So you’re telling me assassins can Fly, suck blood, summon bones that shoot bone shards and curse enemies as well as whoever steps on their Kurdaitcha footprints?

Archer already lost most of it’s classes, please stop feeding the scout.

3 Likes

what does SPR do if doesn’t give mana? :haha:

Summon damage, Healing power and Buff efficiency.

1 Like

that actually kind of makes me want to see a chinese swordsman/martial artist class that can fly around and use really stupid sounding ki-based skills like seven heavenly roar of the dragons or something

2 Likes

They can do it as much as ninjas are able to create clones, onmyoji able to summon real spirits, sappers pull stake traps out of their pockets, Scouts go literally invisible, Wugushi summon silkmoths from poison, Fletchers craft magical arrows, bokor summon actual zombies, Druids transform into animals and summon henge stones, priests cast holy light magic, and matadors summon bulls at their will.

It’s an exaggeration of the kind of mysticisms they’re supposed to be capable of, adapted to suit the gameplay functions they need to fill for the sake of fantasy, just like every other class in the game. However their historical inspiration is from an Australian aboriginal shaman assassin. Featherfoot often looked like it was flying at a distance because of the way they stalked their prey (combined with the way heat tends to shimmer off the sands in the Australian outback), and the bones they used were hollowed out and contained a dingo hair. They were pointed towards targets aggressively as if they were a magic wand, and the aboriginals actually believed they were being cursed due to the reverence and superstition they held for the shamans in their own culture. Once bone pointed, they would stop eating and die, believing their lives to be over. Furthermore, the footwear was made out of emu feathers and filled with human blood. They were made in such a way that the blood didn’t show on the feathers themselves, giving it a mystical aesthetic. They would leave bloody footprints to unnerve their prey, though these shoes also allowed them to move without making a sound (further making it seem like they were floating).

The ‘blood magic’ aspect of the class is probably the most uninspired part of their kit, but it kind of sort of works with the theme they have going, and the icon is a mosquito so that is probably the inspiration (mosquitoes are very common in Aus and can carry various life-threatening diseases like dengue and malaria)

I know you’re trying to make an argument for argument’s sake but you’re going to have to try much harder than that. Featherfoot is an icon from my culture as an Australian, so I’d like to see them done well. I’m also arguing on this point for gameplay reasons - all of the classes important to Featherfoot were moved to Scout, so it makes sense for Featherfoot to follow along in order to preserve their identity as a sustaining farmer class that pairs well with linker and thaumaturge. We now have easy access to curse in the wizard tree thanks to Bokor, so FF isn’t really needed any more on Warlock builds.

3 Likes

magic crit dmg, healing, summon dmg

1 Like

nevermind

nvm20202020

1 Like

They create the illusion of clones :wink:

they do using paper, but they gave all the paper to taosi D:

So rude, everyone pockets are HUGE but sure a small mount of sticks and ropes is more impressive than a whole carving log set D:

:smirk:

That’s kind of huge.

1 Like

Matador and appraiser and some scout class gonna be really happy :smiley:

It’s literally there in the one you quoted. m.crit = m.crit.dmg = m.amp

That’s not crit rate, that’s magic crit atk. So far it seems that crit rate would be the same for both magic and physical.

nevermind

nvm20202020

It’s Magical Crit Attack.

There’s Physical Crit Attack, and Magical Crit Attack, but a unified Crit Rate.

I guess we’re going to be seeing a lot of leather-wearing wizards, huh?

Personally, I don’t like these crit changes at all. I’m not fond of the idea that every class needs to build crit to maximise DPS now, and with a 50% max crit rate, those crits are going to be so random and scattered. Messy.