Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

Hi everyone. Today I want to start this thread to initiate a healthy and meaningful discussion for those who want to play 2H bow archers with the build: Ranger-Falconer-Mergen.

In line with upcoming rebuild, and having seen other threads alike, I simply want to ask what you guys have in mind and the reasoning why.

I do know it is early to speculate/theory craft but I am just curious what those ideas are that may help others make decisions of their own, and vice versa.

Also, please refrain from saying to switch to another class, as this will be about those who choose to remain as 2H bow archers nevertheless.

Thanks and have a nice day you all

==================
Updated as of 15th of December 2019

https://tinyurl.com/s63zogn (can’t generate URL from tos guru so I used an external site)

Guide updated as more and more players are doing this build in episode 11.

Archer

• max Swift Step, Concentration & Leap.

Ranger

• I didn’t get Barrage (even with ARTS) as it feels underwhelming. Max everything, then remaining points into High Anchoring.

Falconer

• Max everything, Hanging Shot is optional for ARTS, and I took points from Aiming since mobs now have naturally bigger hitboxes.

Mergen

• Max Spread Shot, Zenith, Homing Arrow and Triple Arrow

• some may want a few points into Arrow Sprinkle and this is entirely up to you. I just personally want less skills to declunk my hotkeys.

For gearing:

• please aim for legendary set, Savinose legva is easy to get nowadays, or you can go Skiaclipse Varna leather set (getting buffed soon with +50% more def)

• use atleast lv7 gems overall. Nowadays they are cheap to have

• I use red gems on bow, yellows on top + bottom, green gems for gloves + boots

• don’t worry about enhance attributes too much. The difference is there, but as a start I will rather invest silver for better weapon first (weapon dmg > trans > anvil > attributes) I think in this order

• look for ways to stack aoe attack ratio by atleast 10, 15 then 20 (for Triple Arrow effect)

================================
If any suggestions or questions, please feel free to ask so we can make this build even greater for everyone who wishes to play ranger falconer mergen!

3 Likes

To start with, my current build is:

Archer1>Ranger3>Rogue>Falc3>Mergen2

Currently, this build suits my playstyle and have satisfied me ever since. However due to changes such as Rogue being gone in archer tree, and Falco changes (no more falco auto attacking), plus camp not extending buff duration anymore, I feel dropping this build.

Archer>Ranger>Fletcher>Mergen

This is the closest build that I feel will still fit the 2H bow role, still keep thematic gameplay of the class, and dish nice dps.

Also with the auto stat system, iirc Ranger, Fletcher and Mergen gets the top highest bonus for STR per level (aside from Cannoneer), and again iirc every 10 str will give +5% phy dmg…?

Thoughts…?

still waiting for QS block&shoot testing, if it works as described it may replace sneak hit.
I am more worried with how to distribute 45 point of mergen, because downfall now max at 15 and spread shot has 100% ricochet

1 Like

Sorry can you tell me more about the QS block and shoot and how you think it is worth a rank?

Yeah tricky, now that downfall will have it’s attribute aoe. However with Spreadshot, did they fix how buggy this skill is? And it is not affected by aoe attack ratio that is why before I chose to level Homing Arrow than Spread Shot…

I would go with archer-ranger-falconer-mergen.

I understand your reasons for dropping falconer. My reason to keep falconer is simple: circling. Having high AoE attack ratio for yourself and having low AoE defense ratio for enemies are quite important for mergen.

Another minor reason for me to go falconer is because falconer is more like a support role. I won’t have too many offensive skills to manage.

and you dont even have to equip shield to use that skill, like pavise.
+100% block (survivability)
+next attack guaranteed critical strike
+duration 300 second

i cant found any new spread shot video yet

@gexmnlin13 if only they make the hawk automatically circling 2-3 steps in front of you, not directly above you, it will save time for nuking preparation.

I do love falco for the reasons you have stated, indeed circling and aiming are probably 2 of the most all around OP skills im the archer tree, especially with Mergen!

Wait holy mother of dragons?! If that is indeed the skill, that is a 50% reduction of all incoming phy and magical dmg, on top of that all attacks will crit? Wtf sounds too OP! Nerf hammer incoming with that I feel haha

Wow didnt see those buffs to Spread and Triple arrow. They sound better in rebuild

100% of 0 is still 0. Isn’t it still the case that you’d have 0 block if you’re not wearing any shield?

3 Likes

I’ve been following pretty closely on the rebuild Ktest.

Currently I am Archer1-QS3-R1-Falconer3-Merg2.

I am definitely going Archer-Ranger-Falc-Merg in rebuild. Circling, aiming are just too good with Mergen. If you go Fletcher, I feel there’s just way too many skills to use effectively. All the newest changes and buffs to Mergen make it harder to pick skills too, not sure what to go. For sure maxing Zenith. With spreadshot getting a big buff too, there’s just not enough skill points. I’m also a huge fan of Downfall:broaden.

There are some interesting things with block and shoot though. But it’s weird, you’d have to use cross+shield? I’m not sure if the dmg loss from going xbow over 2h bow is enough to make up for just guaranteeing crit.

welp, i thought we can stack block from nonshield item, but i guess it wont be as high&simple as equipping shield…

this is a thread about block&shoot http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4196/109667
i dont understand korean but it seems bad news

With reset before I did try fletcher mergen and I was complaining how it was a piano build.

I sinced played with ranger rogue mergen and boi was this build more piano, if you are trying to execute combos of this build right.

You’ve got:

1. keeping crit shot buff stack
  2. feint+barrage
  3. pheasant+roost+high anchoring combo
  4. falcon autoattack+sonic strike
  5. bounce shot then high anchoring to lower cd
  6. arrow sprinkle+capture
  7. sp pot rotation if using glass mole cards

The rest of my time for fillers will be used by homing arrow > spread shot > multi shot

But yeah, I hope you are right with falco mergen. I mean, because it would mean keeping my build almost the same on rebuild. I think there are a few people I have read who wanna go that same path too… I just feel Falco is starting to lose it’s luster, given a couple of nerfs vs fletcher…

So far, we are only discussing 2 archer ranks given that:

1. archer is our base tree
  2. mergen is the core rank

So contenders are:

1. ranger
  2. falconer
  3. quarrel shooter
  4. fletcher
  5. appraiser
  6. pied piper

hunter is great candidate too

and APPRAISER
+5lv overestimate to main hand weapon
+devaluation debuff -15%pdefmdef enemy

2 Likes

Yeah Appraiser is interesting. I’m curious how they will flesh out and get more skills. Overestimate and Deval are pretty good in their own rights.

Hunter is an interesting choice. But if you have to use 3 slots for 1 char, thats rough.

1 Like

even piper has new sinergy with mergen
https://tos.guru/ktest/database/skills/31707
+2 AAR for mergen skills

so in the end it depends in what role of mergen you want to make, support-semi-DPS

Aiming is extremely important, but at the moment in kTEST falconer has so many issues that it’s useless. Simply can’t test how well it can assist in soloing CM.

• Aiming duration is not what it is described, leaving you with huge downtime
  • The longlasting bug of all Falconer’s skills (except Roost) occassionally becoming unable to use after using Sonic Strike is still not fixed. You can fix this by using Roost, but the issue is that Roost CD is increased significantly to 90 seconds.
  • Aiming causes errors with many skills (errors shown in chat messages), in those cases, the skill simply won’t do damage
  • Tomahawk is useless in the famous Spell Tome CM spot. You can’t control its distance and it will simply dive too far away from the area. This skill seriously need some mechanic changes.
2 Likes

There goes another stab to me heart for my beloved falco </3

Though I think they will still fix those bugs, I am eager to see what ktest/ktos has built in terms of thematic role/support/dps for mergen

Interesting, I did not know that the new Appraise gives +level to mainhand on rebuild. Does it stack with Enchanter’s reinforce?

P.S. i am still salty about squire camp buff removal of extending duration.

The visual aide really helps!

Now with everybody’s suggestions, I feel I am more confused than before. Lol

Anyhow I wonder how we can narrow the list down further, or are they closely tied up in re:build that what matters is the gameplay each of us will prefer…?

Appraiser’s overestimate and Enchanter’s overreinforce skill have been switched. Enchanter now gives +5 to subweapon, so it won’t really be helpful for archers in general.