Tree of Savior Forum

Possible solutions for launch error after April 19 maintenance

Greetings, Saviors.

It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing an error when trying to launch the game client after our weekly maintenance of April 19, 2016.

Below are some solutions we’ve found help fix this issue. We will keep updating this topic as we find new solutions for this error.

1) Disable your antivirus and firewall before running the game.
If your client runs properly with your antivirus and/or firewall inactive, add ToS to its exception list.

2) Run ToS from the patch folder.
Go to your Steam folder > steamapps > common > TreeOfSavior > release > patch and run the tos.exe file from there.

3) Run ToS as administrator.
Go to your Steam folder > steamapps > common > TreeOfSavior > release > patch, right-click tos.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

4) Run tos.exe.temp as tos.exe.
Go to your Steam folder > steamapps > common > TreeOfSavior > release > patch and, if you see tos.exe and tos.exe.temp, delete tos.exe. Then, rename tos.exe.temp to tos.exe and run it.

###UPDATE - LAUNCHER UPDATED
The launcher has been updated. You can try and launch the game again.

###UPDATE - HOTFIX

We have now patched in a hotfix that should allow you to play the game after restarting the client. Please let us know if you are still unable to do so.

9 Likes

Edit:Hotfix did not work for me

Tried patching, verifying game cache,going into the files to get it to update…
Nothing worked so now I am re-installing the game.
Hopefully will work after this :frowning:

Still nope

1 Like

Still doesn’t work the patcher, any other advices?

1 Like

Delete any addons if you have them and try again.

Hi Team,

Still unable to launch the game.
Did everything mentioned on the thread but still unable to launch.
I even disabled my windows firewall.

This is what it looks like when I launch the tos.exe as admin.

1 Like

I don’t think I have any addons. :frowning:

In some cases you need to run updater (not tos.exe) as administrator. If you experience such problem

I solved it like this:

1. In your steam library locate Tree of Savior, rightclick, open properties. Switch to “Local files tab” and press “Verify integrity of game cache”
    https://i.imgur.com/cKJTfpc.png
  2. After steam downloads missing files (if there are any), locate the following directory in your steam installation folder:
    %steam%\SteamApps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch
  3. Run the Updater_Downloader.exe as administrator (have no screenshot of this because it deletes itself right after)
6 Likes

its working again this is what i done:

i have windows default antivirus (microsoft securitty essentials) and windows firewall, i just disabled both and run from here:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch

tos.exe and updater with admin rigths several times until tos.exe opened the game :smiley:

PS: i have addons doesn’t need to delete them.
NOTE:i forgot to mention, this is kinda important after running the patcher and fails open the task manager (i forgot the exact name of the process) but you will find it easily it has the TOS icon.
rigth click - end process
and start executing again updater/tos

hope it works!

I have the same message, but it still launch the game after OK though

Sweet thanks! It’s updating now, hopefully it works!
Edit: lol nope :c

working with my pc who has kaspersky anti virus but doesnt work on my alienware with bitdefender, tried turning it off and also firewall to no avail

Still not working. Can admin very this? Pressed OK but the game does not run.

Using windows 10.

1 Like

Nope… Still not going anywhere… still getting the error message when doing the running as admin…

When I tried to run Update_downloader.exe as administrator it says "Windows can’t find the file. What to do? I have been verifying the game cache on steam but to no avail

1 Like

still not work. i use eset antivirus and already use gamer mode (disable) . and i try verify intergrity of game cache. and stil not work -_-a

2 Likes

I’m getting Failed to download list file ever since the maint happened.

I’ve already tried
-verifying the game cache
-running the 2 executables on admin
-setting both executables on admin and running through steam
-restarting router
-restarting PC
-doing the release_revision.txt trick(which is pointless since I cant even connect to the update server)
edit:
-tried using VPN and connecting to Usa (I’m from the Philippines)
-tried turning off all anti-virus programs

Just a heads up: we’ve updated the launcher. If you’re still encountering this issue, try running the game again now.

1 Like

still not work…

i forgot to mention, this is kinda important after running the patcher and fails open the task manager (i forgot the exact name of the process) but you will find it easily it has the TOS icon.
rigth click - end process
and start executing again updater/tos

hope it works!