Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing happens after patcher launched

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : Since hotfix till now. 27/7/2016

Server Name: Varena

Team Name: HKT48

Character Name: -

Bug Description :
Problem mentioned as title said. The client just wont start after I click run on steam. The patcher will launch. Then after it gone, the client does not start. Nothing happened. Last time few of my friends including me already had this problem but after few tries then client somehow be able to run. But not today after hotfix maintenanceā€¦ I have tried for hours. Tried to validate files, uninstall all the addon, restart computer and network, close my antivirus and firewall, and yet it still occur the same problem. I dont know what to do anymore. First maintenance I still can run the game, but not after the hotfix.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Start the game.
  2. Updater launched.
  3. Nothing happened next. Client wont start.
  4. Retry and same result.

Screenshots / Video : -

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : keyboard (not related?)

System

• CPU : IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • RAM : 12.0 GB
  • Graphics Card : GTX 960M
  • Mainboard : -?-
  • Storage : -?-
  • Internet Connection : 2mbps
  • Country, Region : Malaysia
1 Like

same problem hereā€¦ update launcher restart, and open again and game wont startā€¦ i try reinstall and nothing

Same problem ā€¦I even did Faq with the Release.revision and still nothing.

Do the pathcer stay up after the update? If yes, it is normal, it is downloading the required files and will take a while to finish since it is a good amount of bytes.

It doesnā€™t show properly since the patcher window is larger than the background image and it is cut in the bottom.

To fix that:

• Go on the folder: Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch
  • Open the file Main.bmp in the Paint Brush (MSPaint).
  • Click in Resize and set it to Percentage, change the value to 120 and make sure both are 120 (Height and Width).
  • Save and open the game again to see if it is downloading something.

Same issue here, i cant open the game

same thing happening to mine, I tried other stuff to fix it but nothing happened :confused:

Same here. Cant play. gg

I think i have the same problem. Launcher disappears and the tos client does not start. This problem start after the hotfix.

1 Like

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines
please we need immediate solution for this admins Thank youā€¦

TryGetCurrentDirectory : D
Saving CurrentDirectory : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release
Stack Dump Directory : D
Error Type : C0000005============================================
DATE : 07/26/16
TIME : 21:05:54
BUILD DATE : Jul 25 2016
BUILD TIME : 17:01:37
Process : 1484
Thread : 878

Exception Type : 0xc0000005

eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x00183b00
ecx: 0x01149928 edx: 0x0000742e
esi: 0x7855fe10 edi: 0x15216820
ebp: 0x00183bc4 esp: 0x0017dccc

StackWalk() Complete
0x00d63992SymGetSymFromAddr = (null)0x00d63992 - [Unknown Symbol:Error 487]
ImageName:D:\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\Client_tos.exe
LoadedImageName:D:\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\Client_tos.exe
SymGetSymFromAddr = (null)0x0058494c - [Unknown Symbol:Error 487]
SymGetSymFromAddr = (null)0x0045f764 - [Unknown Symbol:Error 487]
SymGetSymFromAddr = (null)0x004c72b8 - [Unknown Symbol:Error 487]
0x759d338a - BaseThreadInitThunk() + 12h
ImageName:C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
LoadedImageName:C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
0x77e59a02 - RtlInitializeExceptionChain() + 63h
ImageName:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
LoadedImageName:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
0x77e599d5 - RtlInitializeExceptionChain() + 36h
ImageName:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
LoadedImageName:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

I have one friend with this problem a couple of monthsā€¦

1 Like

No it wont work. Its not downloading anyway. I patched it well and i m quite sure of it. Since before hotfix, I was able to login and play. I finished all my dungeon runs etcā€¦ My client does not use much addon so I dont have those addon crashing problem either. Everything doing fine until hotfix is done, then the problem comes as i said in this post.

And I went update my graphic driver too but it does not help either. Sad caseā€¦ today is suppose to be my happy day to play TOS. I even straight bought the wiz3 costume after the server open and hyped for awhile. -_- Thenā€¦zzā€¦

the hype is slowly fadingā€¦

2 Likes

Same fuckn problem and same fkn ā– ā– ā– ā–  game.

2 Likes

Let me get this straight, you said your game was working fine with addons before the update? If that is the case do what i said before, the addons are all outdated for the new version, not work properly or may work but cause some issues here and there.

If not, then it is something else, i noticed that the new client forces windows to consume more memory and keep bugging me with low memory messages even tho i still have 45%+ free memory.

My laptop is not a bad one, i got a GTX660M with 2GB dedicated memory, and my RAM is 12GB, more than enough to run it, it is just a client with too much trash codes in it, they didnā€™t check to see how it is behaving and now we are suffering with diverse issues.

I can now confirm that reinstalling ToS wont help

2 Likes

But then I have already uninstall all the addon via addon manager. Also clear all the empty folder of addon in TOS directory. No helps oā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

That is what i did. Also, i ran the Steam cache verification before opening the game.

1 Like

Same here. Doesnt help. Yay, so much funā€¦ and there is a double cube event going on too! wohooo!

@GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian @STAFF_Max @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines People can NOT run your game right now because its BROKEN!

Lolā€¦ The game just went through a very large patch so I am okay if they can fix asap. Just hope it wont drag for weeks. I am sure I will quit this game if I cant login until this weekend. Lots of mmo out thereā€¦ so many problems in this game and I still have faith and stick with this game till now. Dont let me down TOS :pensive: