Tree of Savior Forum

Combat Pardoner

Hey everyone! Yes, I am necro-ing this thread, as I am once again plagued by a desire to make a combat Pardoner work, and I believe with recent changes, there could be hope! Please here me out.:slight_smile:

So the build that I have in mind is: Cleric1>Priest3>Chaplain>Pardoner2>Inquisitor: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/inx1f3220f/

The rotation that I’m gunning for is: MM, Cure(?), PoA+Reversi (scrolls), DE, BW, GSx3 and AA on BW (and then end with Pears?).

Oblation attribute-enhanced Indulgentia might help a bit with AOE, but I’ve really yet to test that.

Could throw in Exo-Magnus but that would sacrifice whatever utility is left of this toon, i.e. 2 Resu, 2 Rev, 1 MH.

With this, I foresee it soloing Uphill and Crystal Mines.:slight_smile:

I don’t expect it ever being picked for ET though, because of its lackluster heals (or it could be last pick, when there’s absolutely no cleric available, haha!).

But hey! Let me know what you guys think! Again, the idea is to have a character that acts as a buff shop when I’m offline, but at the same time can perform moderately well in doing some endgame content when I go online.:slight_smile:

OLD POST BEYOND THIS POINT.

---------------------------/////--------------------------------------

Hi all! First, I wish to once more thank everyone here for the support and advice given in my Dex Inquisitor thread. Now I’m here again, thinking of building a Pardoner.

As with my previous post, I wish to assure you that I’ve done my fair share of research so as not to waste much of your time reading (and answering/flaming? in this post). My observation though is that a number of the threads on Pardoner are a bit dated (before R8 update). The most relevant ones are the following (posting it here to collate relevant and useful info for those who also want to check it out):

My vision of my Pardoner: (1) profitable; (2) can solo-level; and (3) can still enjoy endgame content (relevant in instanced gameplay):

On to my queries (I do hope you bear with me):

1. Which is the more profitable Pardoner in your opinion? The Buff Seller or the Scroll Smith?

2. Is there a way to still make either (whichever you think is more profitable) viable/relevant for endgame stuff (i.e. R8)? I would very much like to use my Pardoner to enjoy endgame content (i.e. dungeons, mercenary missions, tower defense?, etc).

3. Would you be able to recommend some good builds that can also be viable for solo-levelling? I have my fair share of attempts (based on a buff seller), and would appreciate if you could also give your thoughts on it:

4. Stat build? Pure SPR? Or SPR-CON? If the latter, would 4:1 be a recommendable distribution? Cap CON at some point?

5. Will my Five Hammer (with red gems) and Arde Dagger still be useful for this new toon?

6. Attributes to prioritize for Cleric, Priest, and Pardoner (and PD?)?

Thank you so much in advance and again, my apologies for the long post!:slight_smile:

1. Buff Seller imo, unless you go like paladin
  2. Pardoner isnt exactly pve content imo, just ultility class to make scrolls and stuff for your other characters/team mates.
    Circle 1 of Pardoner is good for extending debuffs, so it’s good for Plague Doctor to stack duration on incineration.
  3. Five hammer is always good for leveling new characters, yes
  4. You’d probably want bokor if you want to go for an offensive PD

1 yes, until server maintenance or someone boom ch

2 both,

• for buff shop > priest3pardon2 rank6 can start vendor life
    if u want to be r8 pick cleric2/krivis
    u can craft daino lv5 when pick krivis and divine might for shop when get cleric2
    order doesn’t matter
    -scroll craft(barrier) >cleric2krivis1paladin3pardoner
    can craft barrier and daino
    pardon1 at rank5-6 then paladin3 at rank7 can do job faster but harder leveling
    rank8 is inquisitor
    -scroll craft (daino lv10)
    cleric2krivis2pardon2 and rank7-8 should be pd2
    pd2 incineration and black death steam is bread and butter
    pardon2 maintain debuff
    krivis good in early and mid game, zaibas in early stage, debuff for pd1 at rank7

3 end game?
maybe choice2 and3

barrier route
skip krivis1 and get priest1 instead then go full dex
rank8 paladin-inquisitor enough to carry u

daino10 route
pd2 is bread and butter, u can heal, daino, and kill mob, boss

buff shop route
priest3 pardon2 should stop leveling at rank6
open vendor shop > log out > play other char > profit
playing it = no shop = no profit
so why playing this type of pardoner at first
if u just want to sell buff after playing, it’s would make u tried
u need to clear inventory before play and put buff item over weight limit
then slowly walk to sell location
their is no point to play this char unless u like buff bot support style
pardon2 boost huge mdef with high spr, priest pardon also max every buff for shop
problem is u have 5 skill point left for revive, mass heal, stone skin, mon, res and u can’t get all
stone skin1 is enought in high spr char, but 4 left for rev, res,mon,mass heal
**i get 2revive 1mon 1mass heal no res

4 look at3

5 90+ properties attack headgear(especially holy) > dagger = gemmed five hammer

6 read 3

i have explain 3 type main of pardoner that optimized for each style
all of them are playable
2 of 3 is good to play at high level
1 of them can make profit while u offline
3 of different playstyle > buff bot support, magic aoe dps with useful buff
paladin route have 2 style > mdef spr support+semi dps, physical dps

priest3pardon2 is most simple
lv it to rank6 > max all buff, max shop skill > never play it again
all u need to do is stock a lot of buff item
set vendor > log out > playing other char > refill when out of stock > repeat

1 Like

Understood loud and clear. Indeed, it doesn’t make sense for a Buff Seller to be raised to R8 and play it. More efficient to just raise it to R6 and leave him to sell at town.

Buffs shops are only good if you can divine might and get the gems for it or else you’re just competing with the saturated buff shops. Some folks like that Lv17 Aspersion and Lv12 Sacrament

And your selling of goods is only as good as the player population.
A declining player base means less people to to buy stuff from.

And don’t forget about the 30% sales tax on the buffs you sell…unless IMC changed it…

Scrolls seem to be extremely overpriced in production, that’s why I don’t think the current scroll seller Pardoner is any good.

1000 silver per craft +400 silver for the parchments make it really unprofitable for most skills to scroll them, so I hope IMC starts giving Pardoner C3 some love by attributing something that drastically reduces the scroll cost to around 300-400 silver per scroll [in total, including parchment costs] so that it becomes lucrative to scroll attack skills like Turn Undead or Cure in the first place.

Then there’s still the issue of Decatose being completely bad, so going Pardoner C3 is still something only hardcore people are planning to do (like me xD Currently leveling my C2>Krivis3>Pard1 to Pard3 so that I can advance to Taoist at Rank 9); They should just drop the CD time to 0 seconds in PVE and reduce the silver costs to 1000 (maybe 1500 -100*skilllevel silver costs) to make it like ROs Mammonite for merchants…

Btw, is it even worth to level Sacrament beyond level 1 for buff shops? the duration just increases a little (3 minutes difference between 1 and 10) and the damage scales even worse, it’s just 28 additional damage for 9 more skillpoints invested here…
Since gyslotis only costs 35 silver, you could just sell a 300-500 silver lvl 1-2 Sacrament and I bet you’d get all sold without a problem.

I wonder the about same thing… after all, its use is just another attack line. The duration increase isnt even significant to warant 9 skill points

I had a Pard3 and reranked it because I wanted to switch to a dps build.
Making profits on scrolls is a very thin margin. After the AH tax and competing with other players, if you’re lucky you can make just a few hundred silver per scroll.

Dispellers used to be profitable until the cut throat competition began and profits dropped to below 100 silver per scroll… Some folks have Pala3 barrier slave scrollers for personal use.

I also tried my hand at being a buff shop, but it wasn’t worth the electricity bill…

Sacrament has terrible scaling. I think sacrament 1 is enough for the extra hit, but some folks are paranoid and want the maximum level…

I haven’t seen Monstrance being sold as a buff, but it’s really great for dex builds. Monstrance scrolls are niche.

Well most crafting and AFK shop builds are not giving much profit nowadays… Pardoner Spell Shop is the best and easiest to reach with rank 6 max (others need rank 7/8 and even can give less profit depending on server or location you open shops). Even then, you also need to research the server’s population. I actually got 2 spell shops on Klaipeda and Telsiai server each and they are in different market. I just taking more serious business on Klaipeda server with how it goes because Telsiai is really tight competition with non-profit sellers and dominated places…

Still, it’s totally okay if you make Pardoner spell shop or other service classes but expect that for your self convenience first, not to making profits as main focus unless you ready to waste a character slot for team EXP… Even if AFK farming is allowed, Sorcerer/Necromancer is not too good as well…

If you want legit silver farming, you need an active farmer classes like Scout 3 or Pyromancer 2/3+Linker 1 with Agny Necklace. Scout 3 is mainstream one but I prefer Pyro for easy early game farming+less investments (can farm since dungeon 50, sell enchant scrolls with free TP cuts, collect money for Agny+reach level 120 then good to go)

pros of you own buff seller is u can place at your camp anytime u need it

when u doing practo quest, let’s squire make base camp their, pardon tp to your camp and vendor there

switch to other that u want to play, u can get new buff anytime when u dead or buff timeout

pardoner is good char to have in a team lodge (any pardoner, get atleast 1)

u can craft a lot of dispeller and put to your team storage

u can get it as anytime that u need

Hi everyone! Necro-ed the thread, and hoping to get some feedback.:slight_smile: please see the edited post above. Thank you!

Folks, some queries here:

1. Does Discerning Evil extend duration of Cure (thereby indirectly extending damage)? and

2. Is Indulgentia affected by Blessing?

Thanks!:slight_smile:

Hi !

1. Cure has a number of hits limit regardless of duration, so damage will not be increased by extended duration (unless you need the extended duration to get to the hit limit, wich never happenend to me :wink:) Never tested though, so I don’t know about the duration extension mechanic, but I would say no, since it Discerning Evil extends debuffs, not magic circles.
  2. Blessing affects every damaging skill and auto, and thus should affect Indulgentia.
1 Like

Thanks @naoufel001, #2 is confirmed (tried this out for myself). #1 I am yet to test as I haven’t invested any pointss in DE yet (saved my skill points to immediately get buff shop and full Indulgentia and Oblation).

In any case, another quick query everyone: Is tax for buff shops affected in any way by Token? i.e. is the 30% tax also lowered to 10% for the buff shop seller?

Thanks!

Latter question on Token answered: it doesn’t. Tax remains at 30%.