Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner Rank 7, Advise Needed

I’m currently leveling a Pardoner, Cleric C1, Priest C3, Pardoner C2, but I’m not sure what to take as rank 7 class.

My options are:
Cleric C2 for better Heal and Divine Might.
Chaplain for more buffs.
Or Pardoner C3 for more Magic Defense.

Would like to know what you guys would pick and why to help me decide.
Feel free to argue your reasoning, it will help me get a clearer understanding about what I should pick.

Chaplain is likely to be the best option here, a toss up between Pardoner and Cleric.

Krivis for more spells to sell. It’s all about moneeeeeey :smirk:

That’s not the reason why I’m building a Pardoner.

Then why are you building one? If we don’t know that, people will assume you’re using the most common reason, as otherwise it’s hard to give good advice. Especially considering c2 is what Pardoner needs for Spell Shop…

Anyway… probably not Pardoner 3. Magic defense is nice and all, but since your only real options other than that are a situational prolong-debuffs skill and Indulgentia (which really doesn’t need to be that high), the 15 points aren’t really worth it.

Cleric 2 would be the most solid choice for supporting, it’s not 100% required, but without it you’ll need lv10 Mass Heal (or close to it) to support well.

Chaplain is more for solo questing and DPS with autoattack damage through Aspergillium. Deploy Capella sounds nice, but in practice its usage is very situational in PvM, only truly good in GvG and maybe ET. If you want more buffs, you should probably be looking at Krivis 1 for Daino (and Zalciai if you have good SPR), not Chaplain.

plague docter, you can extend debuff times due to pardoner + spread them.

Does Discerning Evil actually extend Incineration though? OP doesn’t have any debuff classes of note (like Bokor), so PD at that point would be more either for healing/status support or Incineration with INT build. @aoiapproved

i don’t have a plague docter, but alot buffs also show on enemys… which priest has alot of. (same as oracle arcane energy)

if that doesn’t increase, then he has Exorcise, monsterance and Zalc (which might only be worth it on a build that has spr in it)

but even so, in groups being able to spread and increase duration of debuffs
seems a very good tool to have.

i could be wrong since i based this on things i’ve read (multiple opinions)…

I would advise against Chaplain (and I LOVE my Chaplain). Your DPS won’t be great which would be part of the point of taking Chap. Capella can be very nice but is honestly hard to use in random groups or those unfamiliar with it. You would most benefit from Last Rites, but when compared to other options is not worth it at R7.

If you want to mitigate more magic damage I would take Oracle over Pardoner3 for Counter Spell and Prophecy.

Cleric2 is a solid choice, it opens the attribute for Safety Zone, Divine Might is handy, and you’re Heal will get much better. This is probably the “blandest” choice imo

Krivis gives you more buffs as well as Zaibas. Zaibas would give some dps, Daino is super handy (also another thing to sell). Krivis makes the most buff oriented sense

PD opens quite a few things, and PD is a VERY good class although probably a little over praised. It would give you, more healing, more dps, more support

Druid may be acceptable, you get no buffs, a dps skill, and a decent pvp skill. Although probably not the best choice.

Kabbalist would probably be the most pvp oriented choice, simply for x7. Ein Sof can be helpful too.

It depends on what focus you want to have. PD definitely opens the most doors and variety with your current setup. Cleric2 is solid but bland. Krivis is nice support + $$$. Oracle is support/damage prevention.

Those would be the 4 I would pick from. Not sure what play style you like best, or what you feel your current setup is lacking, but there are options to fill in what you feel your missing out on.

Mainly for the magic defense, but my idea was to setup a shop at the start of dungeon runs with my party, sell them the buffs for as cheap as possible so they get 70 min buffs. Allowing me to focus on other things rather then constantly recasting those 3 buffs.

I forgot to mention that I’m not taking Simony, I don’t see this spell getting any better any time soon and I’ve read that a lot of spells aren’t allowed to turn into scrolls anymore.

I didn’t give that option. I’m already leveling a Paladin3 into Plague Doctor, no point in getting a second plague doctor.

Smart plan! Having to rebuff Sacrament is a pain ( I never use Asper). Seeing as you won’t be spending as often rebuffing, and are already making a PD… Oracle will give you the most magic damage mitigation as well as a way to deal with level 1 statuses. Oracle is the king/queen of stopping magic, if that’s your goal go with this. (Also, there is an adorable bunny you can change monsters into, think white rabbit from Alice. And the costume is pretty cute)

I’m not sure about Oracle, I don’t like most of their abilities. Is there a screenshot of this bunny you mentioned?

Counter Spell and Propecy are the only real skills of “value”

Yeah the post is here: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/lapinel-mob-oracle-summon

The odds of it being any specific mob are stupidly low

No idea how to quote people on my phone XD

You can’t choose what monster you chance a monster into, right?

The simple answer is no. However:

It’s possible that Oracle3 can, but that isn’t released yet.

Druid2 can “save” a monster to transform into

[quote=“otakuparadox, post:10, topic:296177”]
Mainly for the magic defense, but my idea was to setup a shop at the start of dungeon runs with my party, sell them the buffs for as cheap as possible so they get 70 min buffs. Allowing me to focus on other things rather then constantly recasting those 3 buffs.

I forgot to mention that I’m not taking Simony, I don’t see this spell getting any better any time soon and I’ve read that a lot of spells aren’t allowed to turn into scrolls anymore.
[/quote]Oh, so that’s what you meant to do. Never thought of using Spell Shop that way. Still, it doesn’t hurt to use it to gather some money while studying or something as well. And note you’ll have to start recasting Blessing at some point either way, the number of hits isn’t buffed nearly as much as the duration… should last 10min or so, with constant attacking.

If you’re going that route, you also have to seriously consider what you’re going to do when not healing (aka most of the time). Heal is 22s CD, Mass Heal is 30 or so if you have it, so… that gives you too much free time. Normally one’d spend it DPSing, but it looks like your intent was to be a pure support, so you wouldn’t have good DPS tools.

And Simony is pretty good if you have Krivis (or Oracle, or Paladin c3), to the point of heavily overshadowing Paladin’s support due to scrolls for them being available. Even if you don’t it’s still worth putting a point into, you can make scrolls for Cure and Monstrance (and Deprotected I guess), both of which don’t need to be above lv1 in a scroll to be useful. In particular, Monstrance is a pretty big buff to DEX-based builds, or really anyone using DEX at all.

If you opt for Krivis, Daino and Zalciai scrolls should also be nice. And you can use Daino yourself for support (you pretty much need to have it yourself, scrolls only replace it in situations like GvG or ET), and Zalciai if you’re a SPR build, or Zaibas for dmg if you’re an INT build.

Krivis 1 is almost required for effective Priest 3 playing unless you deliberately skip buffs, in fact (even if it’s not like skipping buffs isn’t valid considering Aspersio sucks), even moreso with the mdef Pardoner buff. Otherwise you have simply too many buffs for too small of a buff limit. If you’re skipping Cleric 2 you’ll need Mass Heal on Priest at a sufficiently high level, though, preferably 10.

True, but it will ease it down a little. Thanks for the advise.

1 Like

Currently I’m still leaning forward Cleric C2, however bland it is. As said before, it seems the most solid choice currently.