Tree of Savior Forum

Healer / Support Pardoner Understanding and Build

So I’ve made an Archer I’m maining, but I’ve started thinking about a second class to dive into and since I usually play support classes, I’ve been looking into Cleric for a while now. I’ve done a bit of research but I wanted to know from people who have experienced the class what is a good build suggestion that includes Pardoner as a scroll creating cash cow when I’m not playing. I definitely know from my research Cleric (C2) will be necessary for heal level 10. I’m thinking Krivis maybe? Pardoner does confuses me a bit so I’m seeking clarity on how to make it useful to me. I think I’ve read too many things at this point, it’s all blending together. I believe I need to go C3 into it in order to be level 15 into Simony. And from what I think I understand if I use Simony to scroll a Level 15 spell while my Simony is Level 5, it will craft a level 5 spell scroll. On the reverse, if I have a level 5 spell and a level 15 Simony trait, it will still craft a level 5 spell scroll because it always pulls the lowest level ability and that is the spell level it will sell (so it would make a Cure 5 scroll with those effects, not the Cure 15 effects if that makes sense). Is this correct in my understanding? Do you sell those scrolls in your shop you create?

I’m trying to be the most useful I can on my second class so ideally I want a build that can support well, but still make gold to support my spending habits. (I like shiny things)

Thanks in advance for advice and helping with the clarity pieces.

Actually i dont think cleric 2 is needed. He is prolly noob friendly as you got more heals,blocks but otherwhise he isnt that good. i am curently cleric 1 priest 3 krivis 1 . i am spr con 4 1 . i think priest c3 is pretty damn good cuz of all the buffs, resss , mass heal, and the high block rate. i currently add 1000 block every 30secs which is insane. my mass healsare roguhly 3 to 4k on most people. which is enough to heal anyone . or i just use stoneskin to keep everyone alive, unless its magic. yeah. i would go for p3 always. if u got spr get krivis for the insane crit bonus. which is like 600 more crit dmg get crit resi to 0. mean 100% crit for most people with dex. pardoner i dunno. good cash but only good skill is mdef which works really well with spr build but 1 circle for 1 skill dunno.

@natalisture
Oh interesting! That makes sense if it is more noob friendly. That’s probably why I saw it suggested all over the place in builds. It’s probably due to it being an easy gateway option into the game. I’ll look at priest 3 instead and see how I could build that out instead. Thanks for replying. I know people’s personal experience is always better to ask for than just my theorycrafting alone :slight_smile:

Currently the best Pardoner build to make scrolls imo is:

Cleric C2 > Krivis C1 > Paladin C3 > Pardoner C1

The reason behind it is because with those classes you can make Daino and Barrier scrolls lvl 5, which are the most useful skills a Pardoner can make.

Pardoner C3 just for Simony lvl 15 only works for Krivis, mainly because in order to do make lvl 15 scrolls you need to pick a class since rank 2 to have the skill lvl 15 and also Simony lvl 15, so it only works for Krivis to make lvl 15 scrolls, the build would be like this:

Cleric C1 > Krivis C3 > Pardoner C3

It doesn’t work for Priest because Priest’s buffs can’t be turned into scrolls, that’s why they use Spell Shop instead, a Pardoner C2 ability, the build would look like this:

Cleric C1 > Priest C3 > Pardoner C2 > Plague Doctor

You could also forget about rank 7 class and just leave it at rank 6 with Pardoner C2 if you only want it to make money.

Yes, but it might take a while before that happens (mainly because there is still a lot of bugs and stuff they’ve to focus on before they even start to rework Pardoner imo), that’s why for now it’s good to have, only the future will tell what will happen with Pardoners.

@frankrodriiguez1996

That’s great! This is exactly the kind of help I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to help me break it down. That definitely makes sense now. These are great options. I read somewhere Paladins are fairly useless as a heal class so I hadn’t even thought about going that route, but it makes sense why it would be best for Pardoner for that Barrier scroll.

I did think that it would be very limiting to go with something that was C3 in Pardoner and a secondary (like you said with Krivis) so I wasn’t sure if that was worth it or not.

I did see priest buffs weren’t listed on the applicable to create scrolls on a forum I read, but then someone in another forum post was talking about creating priest buff scrolls so then I was lost. I’m sure it was just incorrect information.

Awesome! Thank you for helping me sift through the buckets of information I took in to find out what is valid and what wasn’t correct or was old info!

@Rob-Mar

Oh snap I don’t know if I should bother with Pardoner if it will change. I’m a support at heart so I should probably just do what will be best for me as a healer for the group and not worry about the added benefit of making money with Pardoner even if it will be well down the road since I can’t change it. Everything I have found on forums was super dated or unclear and I know a lot has changed so I super appreciate everyone giving me opinions.

Theory crafting builds in my head never seem to work out right in practice hahaha! This helped me tons so I appreciate the advice with everything! I feel like since I can reset skills, but not the classes, I feel so panicked and like I need to figure everything out way before I start the character. I may be too OCD for this.

Thank you for the help! I needed to talk it out :blue_heart:

@Rob-Mar
Absolutely! That’s the good and the bad of it. The game has so many options it can get overwhelming but that’s also the cool thing about it. You can make it your own :slight_smile:

glad that it helped you :slight_smile: