Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] I Foresee an Oracle Thread

Introduction

When I look up for Oracle class information I have to gather info from different threads all around the forums. We have an “official” thread for almost every cleric class, so I thought, why not Oracle?

The objective of this thread is to keep easy access information in one place and help other fellow Oracles following their paths.

I will not be placing Oracle Builds in here but feel free to make any questions you want. I’ll try to answer with the best of my knowledge.

Skills Descriptions

I will try not to be redundant with the skill descriptions because those can be found here : http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Oracle/

Therefore I will only be writting additional hidden effects or details on the skills mechanics for those interested in further info.

Arcane Energy

Description:

Buff that increases you and your party’s max SP and Stamina.

Additional Info:

• It will NOT heal Stamina/SP to the new maximum values.

• Occupies a buff slot.

• When the buff ends, SP will be set to the new lower maximum value. However, Stamina will stay past the new maximum until you spend it.

Attribute Info:

• The damage attribute will make enemies around you take damage equal to the attribute level. Yes, this means 100 damage at attribute lvl 100. Enemies will also receive a debuff but the debuff will not do anything at all.
Video (No gears equipped) https://youtu.be/M8TcK22G96A
  • The initial (and only) damage is boosted through Blessing / Sacrament / Last Rites / Elemental Attack equipment, but it’s currently too weak to be considered something useful. This attribute is hopefully bugged and will be fixed in the future.
Screenshot (With + elemental damage gear) http://s33.postimg.org/v9r5i8oq7/screenshot_20160604_00006.jpg
  • Debuff will work for Plague Doctor’s Incineration.

Change

Description:

Changes the target monster into any other monster that will be a level within the level range of skill level.

Additional Info:

• Has an overheat

• Changes into ANY mob of the game and not just mobs within that level range. This means you can get a level 200 hanaming (for example).

• Will not work on “elite” monsters. This includes most mobs in dungeons.

• Will change the old monster’s drop and exp to be the same as the new changed monster. [Update: Some people have been mentioning this doesn’t always work. Sometimes the drops will remain as the old mob’s drops]

• Can change normal monsters into dungeon monsters but they won’t drop anything or give any exp. They will also have insanely high HP and damage.

• Cannot be used on boss monsters and cannot change into boss monsters.

• Changed mob will stay there forever until killed.

• When used in mobs inside a dungeon, they will increase the mob death counter to open dungeon gates (no need to kill changed mob). Changed mobs also count towards mob kills for quests.

• Good skill to kill bots.

Attribute Info:

• The new changed mob can become a jackpot monster.

• The jackpot type of the monster will always be ‘white’, so you can’t get ‘gold’ or ‘blue’ jackpot monsters.

• White jackpot monsters give 100x silver and normal loot [Unconfirmed, needs more testing].

• Jackpot monster will not give any loot if it’s a dungeon monster (and those happen quite often).

• Silver cost to level the attribute is high, making this attribute barely worth it.

Clairvoyance

Description:
Predicts what the current targetted mob will drop.

Additional Info:

• Some players have reported some bugs with this skill with proof. The skill will not always predict correctly. Game developers have stated that they are aware of this issue with Pavaisa.
Bug Report Thread Link https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/oracle-clairvoyance-resetting-does-not-drop-correct-item-when-used-against-pavaisa/279675
  • Clairvoyance does not work with jackpot mobs.

Counter Spell

Description:
Makes a bubble where players inside will be immune to damaging magic attacks.

Additional Info:

• Players and Allies inside Bubble will be completely immune to every source of magical damage. They will also be instantly cured of any rank 1 debuff (not immune, but instantly cured).

• Enemies inside the bubble are not immune to magical damage. Allied players inside the bubble can cast magical spells normally and even damage enemies inside the bubble.

• In skill description, “Targets” stands for how many times a player (or pet) can go inside the bubble before it disappears. Certain placeable skills with HP bar (like dievdirbys statues) also count. Monsters and enemies going inside do NOT count.

• After the maximum amounts of entries (“Targets”) is hit, the bubble will disappear regardless of remaining duration.

• Will remove ally ground spells (such as heal, flame ground, etc) that do not have a hp bar (such as dievdirbys statues, traps, etc) only if the attribute is disabled.

• Magical knock back skills (i.e. Earthquake) will just miss and not cause knock back. But you can still get knocked out of the bubble through physical knock back attacks.

• Will provide damage immunity from Damage Over Time (DoTs) magical attacks (such as Incineration). Even if they are higher than rank 1 debuff.

• Occupies a buff slot (Similarly to how Safety Wall takes a buff slot while you’re on it)

Attribute Info:

• Counter Spell will no longer remove you or your party members ground spells.

Skill Demonstration Videos:

In PvE https://youtu.be/YUKvWew2s-w
In PvP **IMPORTANT: This video is outdated, Counter Spell now instantly cure rank 1 debuffs.** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQP7zgILIMU

Forecast

Description:

Displays mobs future damage area.

Additional Information:

• Will not display the area for certain mobs and for certain attacks.

• Some areas can be really hard to see

Example http://s33.postimg.org/gztufxnqn/screenshot_20160604_00004.jpg
  • Does NOT occupy a buff slot

• Will display green areas for a few skills and attacks of party members (i.e. Magic Missile, Basic Attack)

• Homing attacks will display an area but the attack is homing so it doesn’t matter (mostly arrows and magic missiles type of attacks).

Example http://s33.postimg.org/jfbyc89yn/screenshot_20160604_00002.jpg

Attribute Info:

• If the nullification attribute is maxed, this skill will also provide a 5% chance to avoid any type of attack. An avoided attack will display as a “miss” and you may avoid more than just one attack per buff. Effectively, this attribute works like Paladin’s Resist Elements nullification chance with a 5% chance to evade any type of damage (both physical and magical).

Resetting

Description:

Rerolls the RNG for a future mob drop.

Additional Information:

• Has an overheat

• Does not work with jackpot mobs.

Not much else to mention here aside from it’s rather long cooldown.

Prophecy

Description:
Buffs party members with abnormal status prevention for a number of attacks.

Additional Information:

List with effects that prophecy does NOT prevent Rank 2:
  • Exorcise
  • Growling
  • Jincan Gu
  • Blood Bath
  • Headshot
  • Hexing
  • Rain
  • Feint
  • Chortasmata
  • Mastema
  • Invocation
  • Pole of Agony

Rank 3:

• Incineration

Rank 10:

• Joint Penalty
  • Ogouveve: Decrease Strength
  • Scan / Hounding
  • Coursing
  • Back Masking
  • Iron Hook
  • Telepath
  • Collar Bomb

Credits for the list:
https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics/blob/master/ToS%20Mechanics.pdf

• Occupies a buff slot.

• Certain damage skills will also have their damage blocked due to the damage being provided by a Rank 1 debuff. Each damage tick of the skill will decrease Prophecy’s remaining blocks by 1 (thus ending Prophecy buff quickly). Examples of those skills are: Zaibas, Offensive Heal, Fire Pillar, Cure.

• SPR debuff resistance will be applied before Prophecy. This means Prophecy number of debuff blocks will only be reduced if you fail resisting the debuff with your SPR first.

Attribute Info:

• At circle 3, Prophecy gets an attribute that deals damage when debuffs are blocked with it. This attribute is completely worthless as it works exactly like Arcane Energy’s attribute.

Death Sentence

Description:

After time expires, enemy dies.

Additional Information:

• Does not work on bosses

• Considered a Rank 1 abnormal status (thus can be prevented or removed easily).

• Has a short range and area in front of your character.

• Unecessary really long cooldown

Switch Gender

Description:

Opens a shop (similar to Pardoner’s spell shop) that allows player to switch their genders.

Twist of Fate

Description:

Instantly diminishes part of enemy’s hp and make them heal double the lost value over time.

Additional Information:

• Damage cap of 555k damage. This means this skill is pretty bad against high hp bosses.

• Enemy heals twice as much the lost hp over the debuff duration.

Fortell

Description:

At skill level 5, provides a 55% chance of attacks being nullified to targets inside the skill area. Skill area will move straight foward from where your character is facing.

Additional Information:

• If you cast it facing a wall, circle will move inside the wall, making it impossible to step on it.

• Nullified hits will display as “miss”

• At lvl 5 it moves about as fast as your character when walking (walking when overweight, not running).

Conclusion

If you have more information about skills details and would like to share with us, I will gladly update the descriptions to include your information.

If you have questions regarding anything about Oracles, feel free to ask here.

Thread Updates List

• 06/04/2016 - Thread created.
  • 06/04/2016 - Updated with Arcane Energy debuff for Incineration info.
  • 06/04/2016 - Updated some informations for Change skill. Special thanks to @iago.resende for the information.
  • 06/05/2016 - Added info for Counter Spell/Arcane Energy/Prophecy occupying a buff slot, Added more info for Forecast
  • 06/05/2016 - Updated some skills descriptions according to information provided by @tassardar.
  • 06/10/2016 - Added one more info for Change
  • 06/16/2016 - Updated Clairvoyance and Resetting not working on jackpot monsters thanks to @Avidity.
  • 06/16/2016 - Added info for SPR resistance being applied before Prophecy.
  • 06/19/2016 - Changed change to 100x instead of 250x drop rate.
  • 06/21/2016 - Added more info for Forecast’s nullification attribute.
  • 08/26/2016 - Updated description for Change not working on “elite” mobs, Counter Spell removing rank 1 debuffs and Counter Spell having a new attribute.
  • 08/26/2016 - Updated with rank 8 Oracle c3 skills and attributes
  • 05/29/2017 - Updated post combat patch.
24 Likes

thx for the info +1

just wondering if the arcane debuff will add a sec to Incineration, have you tried it before?

Hmmm… I’m not a Plague Doctor so I can’t test it for you, but I think it probably will.

Will try to find a PD willing to help me test this out.

EDIT: Confirmed, it works, will update main post.

1 Like

awesome! another reason to go oracle
thx <3

Glad to help all my Oracle mates. o/

2 Likes

Thanks, I was considering going Oracle but now I see the skill break down.

i was hoping that Death Sentence was at least rank3 debuff :frowning:

1 Like

Not sure if i’ll be running an oracle anymorem those circle 3 skills seems pretty weak too

@Meemers
To be honest when i think Utility, I don’t think as someone strong or with power, I think of something that can uniquely turn the tides or support through interesting means. Although a lot of us think it deals with gender of some sort might also have some other meaning maybe symbolically? read somewhere there was a chinese baby gender prediction, could be something that or something to do with tarot reading who knows ( just throwing random ideas). Not too sure about the call of deities, seems interesting PvE wise especially if they also actually drop items/money, not sure how it would work for PvP if it does.

I didn’t mean strong in damage, I meant that is weak in utility, changing genders would change what in the realy game? It’s just for fun…

@Meemers

Problem is we don’t know for sure what it is, is it really changing gender? as far as I know its just speculation. In my opinion we shouldn’t be so closed minded just because we think it means swapping when it could mean something else. :o

I play an almost full utility build and make up the slack by using +15 weapons & +10 equipment. So far its worked out well aside the excess ore farming to afford breaking a hundred weapons per craft >_<.

I am aware of that, just kinda disappointed
The point is that it doesn’t bring something new, some more utility

Well some people speculate that the gender change skill will actually be a permanent change of the character’s gender. Maybe requiring some really expensive materials to cast the skill too. If that’s the case, Oracles C3 would work like pardoners selling buffs, except they would sell gender changes.

But yes, we can only speculate the real effect of the skill. It could also be something actually really useful like Rune Caster’s Rune of Giants, not just changing the physical appearance of the character (in our case, the gender) but also giving it some additional stats. Or something completely different that we didn’t even think of.

Apparently it used to be a Rank 3 debuff. But lots of monsters can cast Death Sentence as well, and being a Rank 3 debuff it was really hard to prevent/remove. So they nerfed the debuff down to Rank 1 because of all the monsters that can cast it (that made it really annoying to fight them in PvE) but that also directly affected the Oracle’s skill.

Hopefully Death Sentence will get another look at in the future. It is currently a completely underwhelming skill.

Oh, didn’t know about Death Sentence from monsters…
But I’m still looking forward for being a Oracle :slight_smile: I hope they give us some buffs…

Another thing that turned me down was the change attribute… It only changes to silver mobs :frowning: at a high cost

Oracle’s death sentence is set to get buffed. Gender change is likely to be a buff, but it’s going to be 50/50 on what gender/buffs you get. The devs can simply make a joke and have gender change let you have an orc face to go along with it.

As for the change attribute, treat it like a long term investment cost. It is going to be a low rate of success, but as you continually use it through the game, the amount of silver mobs you’ve spawned (and in rare cases, gold and blue) will make up for the loss.

Yes and sometimes you can get the silver jackpot mob but it will be a dungeon mob so not provide any silver/items at all.

Someone who invested 30 attributes levels into it mentioned they used 4.2kk silver to get it that high and took maybe 1 whole month to get that investment back counting only silvers/drops from jackpot mobs (5k~20k silver each jackpot mob).

I personally didn’t get my attribute that high, but I would say it’s a really long, loooooong time investment to get your money back.

Change can’t spawn gold or blue jackpot mobs anymore.

1 Like

Is there a patch note on that? Haven’t tested in a while.

Sorry but I’m not sure exactly when the patch was applied.

Question about Counter Spell, how much it is usefull against bosses?
You know, that is a sorta of a Oracle’s Divine Tree (Diev C2), silence is better of course, but imunnite don’t fall behind.

And Change, if it can get any monster and only the level will be in the skill range, is there a point to get it above 1?