Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] I Foresee an Oracle Thread

If the boss uses magical damage like those in 90/190 dungeon, you can literally stand infront of it and laugh at its face for 30s. And if you have priest 3 as one of your circles, stone skin and you got 30s of total immmunity to all damage and knockbacks. However if you want to use it for dungeon, you will need at least level 4 counterspell as people pets and stuff like some statue and traps eat the counterspell count. And many do not know about oracle so they will keep running in and out dispelling the counterspell.

I play as a oracle 2 (cleric 2, priest 3)

To add on a little:

On forecast. Skill that auto home are technically similar to say mass heal. Aka they affect the area infront. That’s the reason their box appear. Which means u can actually dodge it if you are out of the box. Forecast when block (that 5% chance) is a the yellow and red miss text. Many attacks do have a spell circle but some are rather weird. Like mole in Mission when it does the random TOP shot, there’s no circle. But when it’s going to spike the front, the circle is around its body followed by its jumps spins and shoot spike infront. You can use forecast to see that forward spike.

Death penalty has some sort of range and it’s really short. As a c2 oracle, this skill is pointless since even in pvp, you need something like near melee range to utilise it. And since facing matters, it’s even harder to aim.

Prophecy blocks all level 1 debuff which covers almost all incapacitate status in the current version (stun, sleep, frozen, etc). Stuff that don’t get block are level 2 debuffs which are mainly stat debuffs and damage. Also note, the biggest reasons why PD bloodletting is considered better is not so much of blocking level 2 debuffs, but the fact is prophecy can be easily wasted by ground damage debuffs like cure or Zaibas which is actually considered as a level 1 debuff

Counterspell do block dots. Example incinerate deals no damage if you stand in counterspell even though you can’t remove the buff. Also targets includes random stuff like pets or anything that can be buffed. You can see the visible yellow aura at their feet.

Arcane energy as it is today is not too useful. I dropped it in the last skill reset as stated above it doesn’t recover the sp or stamina it increases. It would have been great if it does, I will instantly add 10 points to it if it recovers sp.

If anyone needs to know about how priest and cleric synergies, I also posted a guide on it

2 Likes

There’s currently no reason to level Change past level 1. It is actually recommended to stay at level 1 because you have a better control of the monster level you generate.

Thank you for your contribution! I will add those to the main post.

What happens to the drop after you change a monster?

E.g Monster A changed into monster B, does this newly changed monster B drop items associated with monster A or monster B?

Drops change to the new monster. I’ll update that to the main post.

For Oracles Arcane Energy can be usefull parting with a PD, I will have that one point remaining afterall, I’m going to Oracle > Kabbalist, but I might get it.

Talking about synergy, Counter Spell can block the after damage from Mackangdal (Bokor C1)?
Mackangdal is your own damage, proved by the interaction with Revegend Sevenfold (Kabbalist C1), and Counter Spell might not block it, but can be worth to test, another option besides Safety Zone.

Is this 100% accurate? I haven’t done a lot of testing with this, but sometimes I got the old mob loot, sometimes loot from the new mob. In a case of a jackpot change (silver) it dropped all the stuff from the old mob.

I’ve just tested it again transforming one ticen into a drake and then it dropped a drake meat. I’m not sure why you got drops from old monster with that jackpot, I will need to do more testing.

That’s a nice theory, I’ll have to try it out as well.

Change is iffy on the drops you get. There are times when it is the new mob, there are times when it is the old mob. I think that when it changes and no “new” drops are presented (it’s as if it also casts resetting on the mob), the drops are from the old mob.

It would be nice to add few words on Forecast ‘increased nullification’ attribute. Going by description many people think that this works like paladin’s Resist Elements i.e. you have 5% to nullify any damage when Forecast is active (which wouldn’t be that bad). What this attribute does however, is that when you cast forecast you have 5% to get a buff that nullifies one next attack (with 100%).

Do you think oracle would be a viable path after doing chaplain?

I have to honestly say today PD is a better choice. Unless you looking at GVG build then maybe oracle is more useful. also noting the nerfs for pvp for PD in ktos, oracle is a decent alternative if the changes do come here

I have a Chaplain + Oracle, Stone Skin + Counter Spell is pretty nice.

You can take Oracle 1 PD 1; I think Oracle 2 is currently underwhelming for any build possible. But Oracle 1 is nice.

Hmmm… Are you sure about that? I’ve been using forecast a lot and never noticed it only blocks 1 hit.

I don’t know if this is useful enough information to put it on the list: you can change monsters instead of killing them for boss rushes in dungeons like the 200 one.

All Oracle skills can be used while jumping -> saves some time and stuttering

Please tell me how to make those (click-)expandables in this forum :smiley:

I’ve noticed that too, added it to the list.

<details>
<summary>Title</summary>
Content
</details>
1 Like

Oh sad. Was hoping for a bit of variation…

How useful is it? Won’t I get thrown out of a party for not having c2?

I’m not an Oracle myself, so this is only based on what I have seen in dungeon runs and what other Oracle told me. But you should be easily able to see that 1 in 20 casts (5%) you get a buff that deflects damage and disappears after first hit. You should not see any deflections if you didn’t get the buff on Forecast cast.

That’s not really how the skill works. It works exactly like Paladin’s Resist Elements but for both physical and magical attacks. It’s a 5% chance to avoid any incoming damage while Forecast is active. And Forecast won’t cancel out after the first hit (Tested). I’ve also managed to get 2 or 3 hits avoided in the same Forecast buff.

C2 in Oracle, you mean?

Oracle C1 is pretty nice. But mostly for Counter Spell and Prophecy.

Counter spell is good for almost every situation, becoming immortal to magic attacks is surely very nice. The problems with it are the skill’s quite long cooldown and the fact that in a party most people will just ignore Counter Spell bubble and keep running in and out of it.

Prophecy is a nice subtitute for PD’s Bloodletting, but like it has mentioned before, Prophecy ends if a certain amount of blocks is met, while Bloodletting will last the full buff duration. Prophecy is obviously inferior to Bloodletting, but it’s not that much far behind.

If you go Oracle C2, the best things you gain from the second circle are higher skill levels in both Prophecy and Counter Spell. Arcane Energy is nice for having a 30 minutes duration but the buff effect is barely worth it, you might not even use it if you’re a class path with too many different buffs to use (so Arcane Energy doesn’t take a buff slot). Death sentence is a very bad skill and the rest of the oracle skills either don’t go past level 1 or are just bad to level up (Change).

Prophecy level 10 is nice, the 20 blocks will suffice in most situations in PvM but in PvP you might still have to recast it before the end of the duration. More skill levels in Counter Spell is surely nice. At level 5 you’ll see your bubble dropping a lot sooner than 30 seconds during dungeon runs because people keep running in and out of it. But then again, you can just tell your party not to run in and out of it and if they’re smart Counter Spell level 1, 5 or 10 won’t make a difference.

1 Like

Counter Spell can remove Rise ? if i cast near it.