Tree of Savior Forum

[Dievdirbys] A more in depth approach

I’m seriously wondering if Carve lvl 1 is even worth it.
I mean I know that the trees can be bought for fairly cheap silver but if I’m going Druid C1, might as well have a chance at free materials + some minor damage right.
I’d sacrifice 1 of the SP statue to get it.
What are your thoughts guys?

it’s worth it, very strong even at level 1. if you are going druid, you can get that skill that turns mobs into plants property ( i dont know if it’s circle 1 or 2 spell ), which is free bonus damage with carve because of the property it has. (although posts are more appropriate in recent diev topics )

The thing is that at Level 1, Carve only has a 5% chance of dropping materials. Having to use it 20 times to get 1 item seems very bad, even moreso if you are going for an INT build, which most people seem to do with Druids (and which I intend to as well).

Carve seems worth if you spend all the points you can on it for a STR build, which is usually paired with Monk or Paladin.

Do you think 3 INT - 1 SPR - 1 CON distribution will be good for C2 - DV3 - DR2?

Can you have more than 1 statue up as a Diev? Like, can I have Laima and Zemyna working in tandem as my party grinds in a single spawn point?

Yes.
/charrrrrrrrrrrr

in my opinion, it’s still a waste, better max it on Zemyna.

cause at lv1, like Vektor said, only gives 5% chance to drop, and not verry effective, also with INT build. your carve will do quite low damage in higher level dungeons / monsters.

So, my question here is: How much do wood pieces cost? How easy is it to find them? I’ve read somewhere they are sold by NPCs, but is that a beta thing or will it permanent?

I guess my question here is how much do you spend to grind. This worries me. I really like the concept of Diev, but I tend to hate classes that consume resources that I must purchase. It makes me too stingy to actually cast them.

EDIT: Provided we ignore Carve, of course.

Dievdirbys class trainer will sell you all the wood you need for 10~22s each. It is extremely cheap. You don’t use Carve to get wood, you use it to deal damage (if you’re STR/DEX) or to help you kill things early on (INT build).

Oh, it’s certainly a relief to know it’s that cheap! Thanks!

Hey! Im wondring if cleric - krivis c2 - diev c2 - druid c2? Is a build that would be any good? I want some thing useful, good and fun to play. I cant get any smart on if sadhu c2 is any good after the nerfs. same with bokor c2 with hex and effigy (no zombie) doable?

Well, since this seems to be the main discussion about Dievdirbys, I’d like to give my contribution.

I’ve paused my Full Support Priest PD to make a new Krivis Dievdirby based on INT, so I can level up using Zaibas lv 10 and still have some nice buffs. This would only be the substract to take the 3 circles of Dievdirby as you can see below:

I guess I’d want to close it with Oracle or Kabbalist, which seems good PvP classes. In general, this build seems to have highly demanded buffs and skills for PvP and future GvG (of course some points need to be spent in CON), but without losing it’s capability to kill monsters.

Much has been said about the usefulness of Dievdirby’s statue buffs. Well, they kinda remember those Gypsy’s and Bard’s buffs from Ragnarok Online, which also had very low mobility, but were good enough to worth making people stand in a spot while mobbers bring the monsters for killing. Ausrine seems particularly miraculous, despite the silly counter-clockwise laps mechanic.

EDIT: the build below would be a Kabbalist closing. Please say what you think! =)

Anyone know what the damage calculation is for Carve Owl?

Wondering if it’s still good even with low int at level 10.

Hi all to those who playing Diev 3

some questions here hopefully might get answered.

1. how many of each statue can we place ?
  2. Does two of the same statue effect stack together ?
    For example, does 2 Laima reduce 40% cd ?
  3. total how many statue can we place ?
  1. As many as the cd’s allow. Sp statue may be the exception to that, but i haven’t had it high lvl enough to test properly.
  2. No, but it does expand the area of effect if you place them apart.
  3. There’s no limit.

After the amazing Carv buff, what you guys think about investing?

Thank you so much for answering :slight_smile:

The Diev part is about your preferences, about a 15 Zemyna or a distribution.
But about Oracle and Kabbalist I can give some tips (I’m going to Cleric C2 > Bokor C3 > Oracle > Kabbalist.

Oracle (click here) Arcane Energy -For me it is useless, but well you can get if going to Oracle > PD or whatever.

Counter Spell - this skill is awesome, know that rodelero magic block skills? So much better.

For me:

Change + 1 (you don’t need more than 1 point and well, the jackpot buff is worth? Don’t know but in the future patchs the silver dropped by silver monsters can be interesting).
Arcane Energy - 5 (if someday they give a good attribute to this but for now…)
Prophecy + 3 (why not?)
And one point left, I don’t know what to do with it, in Change don’t make a difference, leave it to Arcane Energy and a possibly buff to it D:

Only MY opinions, get what you think is better.

Anyway, look at this to know better about the class, you’ll found useful information~~

Have a good AOE Magic block skill (Counter Spell), but you already have World Tree hm~~ Some trick skills, and only to affect direct the battle (Counter Spell, Prophecy and Forecast).
Kabbalist (and here) Revegend Sevelfold - only block ONE hit, and the level only upgrade the duration (not the block count), so don't worth to get more than 1.

Ein Sof - level 3 is a must for the SP recover attribute, and you choice to go for more.

Merkabah - each level give you one more Whell, so the level skill damage is something like damage=([damagerandomcalc] x skill level). Right this is awful to use, but a nice AOE range~~

Gematria and Notarikon - same function, different results so different outputs in Reduce Level.
Probably Kabbalist C2 you have more skills that use them, but for now only Reduce Level.

For me:

Revegend Sevenfold - 4 (level 1)
Ein Sof (level 3~5)
Gematria + 1 (level 1)
Notarikon + 1 (level 1)
Reduce Level + 1 (level 1)

The Math skills I will only get to test and play around, but you can save the 4 points from Revegend Sevelfold to C2.

And~~ you can found useful information about there:

A lovely SP recover skill, in a Ragnarok view it is the Exaller, and in C2 people says that exist a attribute to add more tiles. A good AOE damage with Merkabah, but wew to hit. (You can mount it, well... you can, but I dunno if you'll want). A good only block + 7x reflect damage, hit AND skills anyway.

Sorry for my english~~

Incredibly new ToS player and interested in Deivdirby,

i’ve thought for the classes i want to get is

C2 (for heal 10 block, etc) > Krivis 2 (for zaiba and buff enhance and bonfire maybe) > Deivdirby 2 just for the tree bc the counter clockwise tree seems too time consuming > and maybe a priest or a plague doctor as the last class.

Anything thought is appreciated :smiley: need halp on stats etc :frowning:

1. as your cooldown allows
  2. nope, unless you got the owl statue both do damage on there own, so its double damage basically
  3. as many as your cooldowns allow