Tree of Savior Forum

This progression viable? A2>sap2>Wugu2>can 1

Alright thanks a bunch! I’ll check out the Thread :slight_smile:

Okay so I checked out the other thread, back then it sounds like A3>Wu2>Fal1>Wu3 would be the best choice? Still kinda like sapper…

So you listed the disadvantages of my planned build but what would you consider better? Wugu3 or Wugu2 and cannon 1, without falconer? Is circling just too good to pass up? Cause I imagine that I’d be a bit less powerful at bosses but cannonneer is an excellent field/AoE farmer, and flying mobs are handled with shootdown right? Feel free to correct me on this one though…

What would you say about A3 > Wu 2 > Fal 1 > Can 1? I read some time ago that cannoneer with circling is just nuts. I would miss out some damage of wugu skills of course but would’nt the cannoneer kinda make up for that with the low CD skills? I would still have the multishot 15 circling combo and cannoneer skills without wugu 3, sounds good in theory to me. Again, correct me if I am wrong here.

Also, if you have the time could you recommend a skill build?

Yes shootdown is good vs flying however it has an AoE attack ratio of 5, so you won’t hit a lot of mobs unless you gear up (or use circling). Note your shootdown: falling attribute will NOT make mobs grounded, so ground skills still cannot hit them. Falling attribute will give mobs a debuff. The debuff makes your Cannon Shot deal full damage to them. The only way to make flying mobs into ground mobs is through Hunter’s Snatching.
Cannoneer main damage skill will be Cannon Blast, AoE attack ratio of 7.

You are correct about circling boosting Multishot and cannoneer skills. Falconer Circling is nice when you encounter large groups of enemies and enemies with high AoE def ratio (big mobs). Circling will absolutely boost you and your party during Earth Tower, if you aim for that.

Cannoneer without circling:

with circling:

Multishot + circling:

A2> Sapper2 > Wugu2 > Cannoneer will have good extended AoE, especially vs ground enemies (broom and gu pot). Broom trap and gu pot have infinite AoE so you don’t need circling to boost them.
Important skills: swift step with crit attribute, multishot 10, Stake stockades 10, Broom trap 5, Needle 10, Wugong gu 10, gu pot 5, Cannon Blast (+ other preferred cannon skills).

A3> wugu2 > falcon1 > cannoneer has the benefit of Circling (also a party support skill), and higher burst through multishot + circling, and cannon skills + circling.
Important skills: Swift step with crit attri, Multishot 15, twin arrows 1 (or 5), Needle 10, wugong 10, gu pot5, Circling 5, Call, Cannon blast (+other preferred cannon skills).

A3> Wugu3> cannoneer will have the strongest poisons, and strongest single target damage because of Twin arrows, and maxed poisons for uptime.
Important skills: Swift step with crit attri, multishot 15, twin arrows 1 (or 5), Needle 15, Wugong 15, Gu pot 10, Cannon Blast (+other preferred cannon skills).

High STR will benefit wugushi poisons the most, and high crit benefits cannoneer skills the most.

Circling is a nice support and AoE booster skill, however falcon1 doesn’t offer anything else superb. Falcon1 is taken solely for Circling. It’s up to you to decide whether you find it worth.

Thanks for your thorough answer mate!
Wow those circling combos do look sick…

One thing confuses me though. If cannoneer profits from crit/dex and wugu from strenght, wouldn’t it be bad to pick both classes then? Or is it possible to manage enough crit through equips/swift step?

Oh, and why should one either pick twin arrow 1 or 5? There aren’t many other good archer skills, or am I wrong here?

Say, which of the three paths is the best/most effective in your opinion?

Twin Arrow 1 or 5 because it depends on your preference of SP usage or skill spam habits. Lvl 5 is obviously a more damage however it has more SP cost than lvl1.

Cannoneer benefits from crits because it has High base damage and high modifiers. If you crit a 10k damage, you will hit 50% more for 15k. If you are (pure) STR, you could have 500 STR and hit 10k + 500 more.

Yes, that could be a reason they do not combine well. This is the inherent weakness of poison skills. The strength of poison is it won’t be reduced by enemy defence, only through their element (poison is weak vs poison). It is similar to going Dex + rogue builds. However without crit rate your A2 swift step 1.25x crit rate attribute won’t be nice.

You will manage to get decent crit rate if you gear up + Green Gems in weapons increase crit rate, and because archers receive 1 crit rate per 5 levels.

Moreover if you party up you could receive more buffs to crit rate such as chronomancer Quicken (with attribute), Priest Monstrance, Krivis zalciai on the enemy, etc.

If you dislike going multi-stat or having to gear up, there’s the possibility of A2 > Sapper 2 > A3 > Fal1 > Cannon.
A3 > Sap2 > fal1 > Cannon.
A2 > Sap3 > fal 1 > Cannon.
Or A1 >rang1 > Sap2 > Rogue 1 > Fal1 > Cannon for double traps, and feint + barrage.
A3 > Wugu3 > Falcon1 or A3> wugu2 > Falcon1 > Wugu3 (like the poster of the other thread).
A2 > Sap2 > Wugu3.

Gear with crit rate or dex:

Best/most effective?
Best burst AoE = Multi shot + Circling, Circling + Cannon Blast.
Best single target damage = Twin arrows, and multishot 15 + high lvl Poisons.
Best extended AoE damage = Gu Pot + Broom Trap + Wugong Gu.
So it’s about your preference. Linker joint penalty will increase poison dmg with attribute, and Hangman’s Knot works nicely with Multishot too. It depends on whether you like to team up or like to provide your own AoE booster by taking falcon 1.

You should plan for r8 too. If you go cannon1 you will probably go cannon2.
If you end on another rank, you can take Mergen or Hakkapalle (mind some skills can’t be used when mounted, such as broom trap and gu pot).

The reason I dislike wugu2 is the scaling on Poison. You pay silver for worse scaling than wugu3.

Quote:

tl;dr
Wugushi skills scales based on physical attack to poison damage per tick at a 1:1 ratio and attributes scales at 1% of the base skill damage.

This means that if you don’t go Wugushi3 your poison damages aren’t going to scale as well. While you are a Wugushi2 you’ll only gain 7.76 per Needle Blow and 11.02 per WugongGu while a Wugushi3 will gain 10.5 per Needle Blow and 15.47 per WugongGu on top of having a longer duration for more uptime.

1 Like

Another nice farming build would be : iDreamy’s Guide to Scout C3
It is iDreamy’s Scout3 build, which focuses on Split arrow, feint + barrage, and double flare shot. It doesn’t have the powerful big AoE burst of multishot + circling or cannonblast + circling but Split Arrow is a very strong spammable AoE (and SP consuming).

Yeah I’ve seen this build before, it sounds decent but for me it’s kinda boring I think… just spamming one move over and over though it’s very effective.

Damn, I just cannot decide which path to take and I am almost at C2-C3 job change >.< Also another problem I have is, well, if I only have wugu (with falconer I guess but thats just circling anyway) then I’ll have to wait between using skills cause of the long CDs… is twin arrow a decent enough filler skill?
Also it seems like sapper and wugu dont go well together cause of the bad scaling when not going wugu3, if I got you right. Concerning the rank 7 and 8 classes, it seems like wugu isn’t a good choice at all, as I imagine Mergen/Hackapell need at least some dex for critting, which is of no use for wugu ._.

Thanks again, you’ve been incredible much help to me!

You’re welcome.

Twin arrows is a decent filler however it has cooldown. Lvl 1 twin arrows + at least 10-25% attribute enhance will provide you nice damage around rank C3, and costs low mana at lvl 1 for a rank C3. It has 5 overheat and 7s Cooldown. It can’t hit multiple targets though. If you like extra damage, you could get twin arrows to lvl 5 (or get it to 5 later once your SP pool is bigger) since you will get a lot of SP potions as quest reward.

If you dislike A3, remember you will have Oblique shot lvl 1 (lvl 1 best SP/damage) with attribute enhance as a filler (0 CD). All archers have access to Oblique shot lvl 1.

Poison is not efficient vs low hp mobs since it has high CD. Best used on higher HP or elite mobs. The first ones you will encounter are Hogma Captains at Zachariel crossroads, and the Big Zinetukas scorpions and big beetles inside royal mausoleum. Vs bosses, inside dungeons, and at higher lvl maps your poison will be better.

The scaling of wugu2 is not bad, it is just less than wugu3. This is only a problem if you like to get min/max damage and efficiency. Broom trap is a good way to spread wugong gu poison.

I am sure mergen and hakkapalle skills will be able to crit. The advantage of wugushi and sapper is the ability to use any weapon, no weapon restriction.

Another gimmick of sapper:
Punji stake bounce damage attribute deals damage per bounce.

Punji stakes + Stake stockades + link, punji stake + circling is similar:

Edit, and an A2 Sapper2 Wugu3 example of broom trap + gu pot vs ground mobs:

Note he has one bad mechanic here during stake stockades. After using Stake stockades, you must cancel the after-animation delay by jumping immediately.

If I may add about Twin Shot, it seems that currently, its attribute doesn’t increase its damage AT ALL. At least that’s what I read in various posts (reddit, forum,…)

Thanks for the insight, I’ve learned a lot from reading your answers.
I would imagine that, while questing, you’ll fight way more normal mobs instead of elites and in that case wugu would almost never reach its full potential… or does that change on higher levels, the elite / normal mob ratio?

Speaking of no weapon restrictions, would it be best to go with Crossbow and offhand or bow? Cause I hear arde/manamana and all that kinda stuff is supposed to be so good.

I think I might try A2 > Sap2 > Wugu2 > Wugu3 or Can1
In case I go the wugu 3 route, would it be wise to go full STR? Also, how should the stat distribution look like when I pick Can1 instead of Wugu3?

Hope I won’t regret this… still kinda undecided still lol

You will definitely have good ability to AoE farm mobs (especially ground mobs). Your single target damage will be nice due to multishot + poisons. You will be able to utilize traps + poisons.

You will encounter a lot of elites at lvl 200+.

Before you are cannoneer, you should use bow (+100% flying damage attribute) vs flying mobs, and Crossbow + Arde dagger/Ledas Shield/Manamana vs other mobs. The reason arde/ledas/manamana are good is their +elemental damage. +elemental damage is added to each hit and poison DoT tick so it will boost damage a lot for multi-hit skills.

Once you are cannoneer you will use Crossbow + Cannon, and Bow vs flying.

It heavily depends on your gear whether you like to go full STR. Full STR + gear will be strongest for wugu(3). I shall take a quote from the big STR vs Dex debate: DEX vs STR debate

And

So your build is absolutely viable.

IMO every archer should build with a mix or STR and DEX because full STR requires HUGE amount of gear to get Crit and you’ll be very fragile (no evasion), and full DEX has too much Evasion/Crit (there are caps) and may lack of damage.

So I really don’t think going Wugushi is a problem for higher ranks because you SHOULD build dex no matter what your build is. Plus, Wugushi has very High base damage and TONS of ticks that each scale with Patk (lvl 15 Wugong Gu alone does at least 30x your Patk). As I see Wugushi is a DoT DPS that will support your higher ranks. For example, I really don’t think when we’ll get rank 8-9 or even 10 that people will still use most of their previous ranks skills because it would logically be more efficient to spend time using your big skills than the low levels ones that have low base damage.
The thing is, Wugushi just needs to hit 2-3 skills every ~30s and then can cast any other skill while the DoTs still deal damage. Ofc, they don’t crit but for “background” damage it’s actually huge.

At lvl 200+ the game gets harder because there are TONS of elite monsters, and Wugushi really shines in longer fights.

I’d recommend to have a bow as secondary weapon set when you face flying enemies because Archer with a bow does 2x damage. Most of the time you’d want to play Crossbow + Offhand (Dagger or ManaMana) because IMO Elemental damage from Offhand scales amazingly with poison DoT.

I really like Sapper 2, Broom might even be one of my favorite skills in the whole game, but IMO, Falconner (Circling) is just too strong to pass up. think about it this way :

Broom Trap that does okay damage, but it has 2 HUGE drawbacks

• it’s a “Strike” skill which does -50% damage against leather enemies (and +50% Plate, but there aren’t that many plate enemies unfortunately), and the majority of the monsters are leather types
  • Only hits Ground enemies. This is already a problem with Wugushi, so if you take another class that has the same problem you’ll have trouble against flying enemies.

Archer 3 + Falconner brings :

• Twin shot, good filler that is actually extremely good against flying enemies (it hits hard against flying enemies)
  • More hits with Multishot, which are NOT mandatory, you can cast a lvl 10 multishot even with a lvl 15 multishot. So when you’re safe to use lvl 15 it does HUGE damage.
  • Circling, leaving the supporting (which is amazing in a party) aside, it actually gives you a “new” AoE with Multishot. The only drawback here is that it’s smaller than Broom trap, BUT it does the same damage to ANY monster/armore type, it does more DPS than Broom Trap.

Sapper 2 is fun, and it’s IMO very viable, but Archer 3 + Falconner will always be better IMO.

Now, you have 2 choices :

• Archer 3 > Wugushi 3 > Falconner 1 (or Archer 3 > Wugushi 2 > Falconner 1 > Wugushi 3)
    This focuses more on DPS and single target (Still amazing AoE).

or

-Archer 3 > Wugushi 2 > Falconner 1 > Cannoneer 1
This focuses on Burst and AoE (still decent AoE).

From what I could gather, with FULL poison duration Wugushi does more DPS than Cannoneer 1.

Also, I MIGHT be wrong, but I feel like picking Cannoneer 1 and not pursue Circle 2 isn’t a good idea, so if you really want Mergen or Harkkapel, I’d advice taking build 1. Again, I might be wrong.

Okay thanks, that narrows it down a lot.

So I guess the final decision is
A2>Sap2>Wugu2>Can1

I thought of the following skill build:

Would you change anything or is that fine? Claymore instead of punji? Is conceal worth anything in PVE (I dont plan on PVPing)?

Also skill wise, if I don’t wanna go full STR, would 3:1:1 for str:dex:con (con to a certain number?) be a good idea?

Also I guess I should get the cafrisun set along with the other elemental bonuses right? Is arde dagger the earliest bonus elemental weapon I can get and therefore the earliest I should switch to crossbow+offhand?

I hope these are my last questions, sorry for getting on your nerves so much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are not wrong. Cannon1 + mergen/hakkapalle is not desirable. All musketeer1 and cannoneer1 should probably go musket2 and cannon2.

You are correct about weakness vs flying of sapper2 + wugu(2/3).
Twin Arrows also deals +50% damage vs Cloth enemies (hidden effect). And heavy shot +50% vs Plate, and Full Draw +50% vs Leather.

It heard Twin shot was +50% vs Cloth, is it a typo or did I hear wrong ?

Well damn, now I am not so sure anymore haha

I guess if I want one of the new rank 8 classes it would be better to go wugu 3 and falconer it seems like

Conceal will hide a lot of objects in PvE. Such as the torch in Siaulai mission, or any object you would like to defend during a quest, and all summons (zombies, templeshooter, etc). However its main use is indeed PvP.

Multishot 10, Swiftstep 10 very nice. Heavy draw 1 for utility to knockback enemies (into your traps/poisons). Oblique shot1 as filler.
The other skillpoints will be preference.

Punji stake lvl 1 is fine too, since most of its damage will be from the attribute Punji Stake: Knockdown damage (50% damage per bounce).
Claymore costs 300 per use, very expensive if you are unfunded. The skills you really need are Broom Trap 5, and stake stockades 10, and detonate traps 1 for utility. Other points are preference.

Edit: brb

Your wugushi build is fine too. Needle max, wugong gu max, and gu pot max are the key. Other points are preference however you should not get detoxify (and you didn’t) because it is replaced by Antidote item from the item merchant.

Cannoneer skills are ok. You will have a lot of time before you get cannon so you can still re-decide once info on r8 cannon2 is released (next week).

Arde dagger is the earliest item with +elemental damage bonus, it drops from Necroventer in the lvl 90 dungeon. The required lvl for the dagger is lvl 75. The dungeon is for lvl 90(+) though.

Yes typo from me. You are correct. I will edit.

Archer

Circle 1 - Fulldraw; +50% damage against Leather armor.
Circle 2 - Heavy Shot; +50% damage against Plate armor.
Circle 3 - Twin Arrow; +50% damage against Cloth armor.

Seems like having those major problems against flyers isn’t going to be fun.
All in all I gathered that it would be best to go A3>Wugu2>Falc1 and then decide between can1 or wugu 3

Is 3:1:1 STR:DEX:CON decent enough in your opinions? How high should I get con for pve only?

All builds discussed in this thread are viable. Each build has its weaknesses and strengths. It depends on your preference/fun factor (during lvling) so I can’t recommend you ‘the best build’, just list the weakness and strength of each build path.

If you hate flying, then sapper2>wugu is less desirable. Note that A3> wugu2 will have the first big AoE (gu pot) around lvl 125, which is rank 5.