Tree of Savior Forum

Falconer or SR for QS3 A2?

You are saying falconer skill’s do low damage. I am curious and would like to know:

How big is the level difference of your falcon compared to the monster it attacks?
How much did you train your falcon in ATK already?
Couldn’t it be that as long the falcon is too low Level + untrained - the damage will suffer? Meaning being a falconer requires much patience and work?

I heard someone people tested it and falconer lv/stat doesn’t matter the skill dmg
I hadn’t test much but I try increase few atk stat when I just become falconer few months ago I didn’t feel difference in dmg.
Currently my falcon260 but dmg to mob level 260 and 280 doesn’t seem different.

not trying to be mean but its a pretty stupid question, theres a reason every single party, be it grinding or ET asks for 2 things “LF elememe or SR”, when you combine qs3 and sr life is a j/k, you can running shot decimate any trash you want, and have the greatness of retreat shot for aoe/dungeons, and with rank8 everyone has already agreed that forward shot + retreat shot will solidfy sr as the king of archers ////// as for falc goes, its always been regarded as the buggiest/clunkiest class in ToS, if you are going to bank on ToS fixing something I got news for you…

1 Like

Hunter and Sadhu are the buggiest/clunkiest ToS classes. Falconer is close, however a lot less noticeable since all it does is Call + Circling.

Falcon skill atk upon owner weapon atk+skill attack power

and for me it really easy to test because I use it since lvl1 until now and attack power still same…

but …ok I will testing again…

my falcon ATK 351

I use skill Hovering to test

my weapon is crossbow ATK 143-153
falcon do dmg 1500-1530 none crit

I change to musket ATK 380-416
falcon do dmg 1580-1595 none crit…

now I train my falcon ATK 351>371

i use crossbow ATK 143-153
falcon do dmg 1473-1478 none crit

I change to musket ATK 380-416
falcon do dmg 1546-1564 none crit…

Falconer skills, and hunter skill do NOT use pet damage stats.
The only exception is Hunter Rush Dog, which uses the attack stat of the penguin.
Hunter pet is affected by pet-enemy level difference. Falcon is not.
Hunter pet can die. Falcon cannot die or be hit.

Recent threads discussing falcon build: Could use some help choosing a Wugushi Build
And: This progression viable? A2>sap2>Wugu2>can 1

Currently, without info on falcon rank 3, it is best to stop at QS3>A2.
If you have already taken falcon 1, your options are musket1/2, cannon 1/2, falcon2/3.

1 Like

What about retreat shot’s uptime and it’s interruption by basic attacks? Even if you emote-glitch your retreat shot, you’ll have to waste a couple seconds auto attacking.

I’m sure forward shot’s uptime won’t be any higher as well.

We have no clue about falcon3 info yet, but it could be potentially very strong with auto blitz.

SR3 is guaranteed to be extremely powerful, the first 5 ranks don’t even matter in all honest but people like qs3 for running shot farming when SR3 skills are on cool down.

Falcon1 and musket2/cannon2 is still great.

For pvp I say replace archer2 with scout1, a2 is near useless in PvP. Archer1 qs3 scout1 falcon1 is very powerful for pvp

Ouch, I’ve already taken A2, currently SR1 now…
Anyway is there any more route to take SR?

I’m planning for 80%pve, 20%pvp.

If you have taken SR1, you go to SR2 to SR3.

What I meant was like, what path can you take before reaching to SR.
Ex
A3, S2, SR2
A3, Wugu2, SR2

A1 QS3 A2
A1 R1 A2 R3

A3 S2 not recommended, since scout2 doesn’t offer a lot to SR. You may only use flare shot and Flu Flu.
A3 Wugu2 is ok, wugu2 is not my preference due to less scaling than wugu3.
A3 Ra1 Ro1, although very unpopular, and A1 R3 Ro1, very unpopular too.

I have seen a single person take hunter before SR to use the Pet stamina passive.

Classes like hunter and sapper can’t use skills when mounted.

Thanks! if A3 Wugu2, what do you mean by less scaling? can the stats be str1:dex1 until dex100 and rest str good?

I mean your poisons will not be as strong as wugu3 poisons, since attributes increase +1% poison Base skill damage per point.

Also, poisons stack together, and do not stack with themselves. If you use needle blow, another wugu using needle blow after will delete your needle blow (caution during worldboss/etc) - so you won’t deal damage.

A3 Wugu2 offers a lot of extra single target damage through Twin Arrows + Poisons (Needle, wugong gu). Another reason why I dislike wugu->SR is Gu Pot. You canNOT use gu pot (nice AoE skill) when you are mounted, so be prepared to use Needle blow + Wugong Gu + Zhendu. Zhendu has no %enhance attribute.

Wugu poisons cannot crit, and benefit most from STR. Poisons gain 1 extra damage per 1 physical attack, and each STR grants you +1 physical attack.

A2/A3 swift step benefits from crit rate, through DEX stat or through equips. Your preference and equips should determine your stat build, str:dex. There are reiters who statted max 25 CON, and could survive because the mounted pet HP bonus.

If you like strong poisons and more damage, definitely (High) STR + crit/dex equips. In this post in another thread I listed all crit and dex equips for archers in-game: This progression viable? A2>sap2>Wugu2>can 1
The post of that thread was about archer/wugushi.

A reason for high DEX would be extra crit rate and evasion, however evasion has a hard cap of 80%.

will Wugu’s skills still be viable at r6/7? usually most r2-4 class’s skills aren’t much use at late game correct?

Wugu skills are strong enough for our current cap. I don’t know about next cap (lvl 330). Wugu skills are stronger on earth element mobs, and weaker on poison element mobs.

Correct. However I think all low rank archers do provide something for all ranks (swift step crit rate bonus attribute, ranger steady aim, quarrel running shot + pavise/caltrop decoy, etc.).

The best community example of ‘falls off’ would be pyromancer of the wizard tree.

Wugu provides DoTs. You will be able to use other skills after applying your DoTs, so DoTs are decent bonus dps. This is an advantage. For example, if you were ranger, you can’t barrage + multishot at once due to animation.

Just to add on to the discussion on Wugus - There are plentiful of Wugushis running around, at least in the server I am currently on.

Bear in mind that Wugushi skills overwrite each others. This is also the very reason why I deviated from my original plan of being A>QS3>WU3. I ended up A2>QS3>SR1(to be SR2 then 3) - depending on how Mergen skills(compatible with companions? CD?) I may re-roll.

At least 1 mergen skill is confirmed to work when mounted:
Parthian Shaft
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160729/30.gif

Yup. I’m keen to know about Homing Arrow & Triple Shot. Those two skills will be my deciding factor. :wink:

moved into SR after qs3/ar2 and i dropped the char instantly. retreat shot works badly with mouse it seems, every other skill did low amounts of dmg. maybe sr2 will be better. didn’t bother me to test it.

I also hated that i couldn’t push that shield skill that aggro’s anymore and turrent mode ( kneeling shot ) without dismounting. I found the mount terrible to handle in general.