Tree of Savior Forum

Falconer or SR for QS3 A2?

Ouch, I’ve already taken A2, currently SR1 now…
Anyway is there any more route to take SR?

I’m planning for 80%pve, 20%pvp.

If you have taken SR1, you go to SR2 to SR3.

What I meant was like, what path can you take before reaching to SR.
Ex
A3, S2, SR2
A3, Wugu2, SR2

A1 QS3 A2
A1 R1 A2 R3

A3 S2 not recommended, since scout2 doesn’t offer a lot to SR. You may only use flare shot and Flu Flu.
A3 Wugu2 is ok, wugu2 is not my preference due to less scaling than wugu3.
A3 Ra1 Ro1, although very unpopular, and A1 R3 Ro1, very unpopular too.

I have seen a single person take hunter before SR to use the Pet stamina passive.

Classes like hunter and sapper can’t use skills when mounted.

Thanks! if A3 Wugu2, what do you mean by less scaling? can the stats be str1:dex1 until dex100 and rest str good?

I mean your poisons will not be as strong as wugu3 poisons, since attributes increase +1% poison Base skill damage per point.

Also, poisons stack together, and do not stack with themselves. If you use needle blow, another wugu using needle blow after will delete your needle blow (caution during worldboss/etc) - so you won’t deal damage.

A3 Wugu2 offers a lot of extra single target damage through Twin Arrows + Poisons (Needle, wugong gu). Another reason why I dislike wugu->SR is Gu Pot. You canNOT use gu pot (nice AoE skill) when you are mounted, so be prepared to use Needle blow + Wugong Gu + Zhendu. Zhendu has no %enhance attribute.

Wugu poisons cannot crit, and benefit most from STR. Poisons gain 1 extra damage per 1 physical attack, and each STR grants you +1 physical attack.

A2/A3 swift step benefits from crit rate, through DEX stat or through equips. Your preference and equips should determine your stat build, str:dex. There are reiters who statted max 25 CON, and could survive because the mounted pet HP bonus.

If you like strong poisons and more damage, definitely (High) STR + crit/dex equips. In this post in another thread I listed all crit and dex equips for archers in-game: This progression viable? A2>sap2>Wugu2>can 1
The post of that thread was about archer/wugushi.

A reason for high DEX would be extra crit rate and evasion, however evasion has a hard cap of 80%.

will Wugu’s skills still be viable at r6/7? usually most r2-4 class’s skills aren’t much use at late game correct?

Wugu skills are strong enough for our current cap. I don’t know about next cap (lvl 330). Wugu skills are stronger on earth element mobs, and weaker on poison element mobs.

Correct. However I think all low rank archers do provide something for all ranks (swift step crit rate bonus attribute, ranger steady aim, quarrel running shot + pavise/caltrop decoy, etc.).

The best community example of ‘falls off’ would be pyromancer of the wizard tree.

Wugu provides DoTs. You will be able to use other skills after applying your DoTs, so DoTs are decent bonus dps. This is an advantage. For example, if you were ranger, you can’t barrage + multishot at once due to animation.

Just to add on to the discussion on Wugus - There are plentiful of Wugushis running around, at least in the server I am currently on.

Bear in mind that Wugushi skills overwrite each others. This is also the very reason why I deviated from my original plan of being A>QS3>WU3. I ended up A2>QS3>SR1(to be SR2 then 3) - depending on how Mergen skills(compatible with companions? CD?) I may re-roll.

At least 1 mergen skill is confirmed to work when mounted:
Parthian Shaft
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160729/30.gif

Yup. I’m keen to know about Homing Arrow & Triple Shot. Those two skills will be my deciding factor. :wink:

moved into SR after qs3/ar2 and i dropped the char instantly. retreat shot works badly with mouse it seems, every other skill did low amounts of dmg. maybe sr2 will be better. didn’t bother me to test it.

I also hated that i couldn’t push that shield skill that aggro’s anymore and turrent mode ( kneeling shot ) without dismounting. I found the mount terrible to handle in general.

Aren’t kTOS going to get R8 this week? Awaiting for more info. Hopefully Falconer 3 is going to be worth it

i think falconer is a good class for it specially if you can get your hands on a running shot gem. the uptime + other skills you got anyway will be good enought to 100% keep stuff going.

SR just didn’t sync that well for me at all. Pet handling was terrible. If i could drop SR i would go falconer in a heart beat. But then again, rank 8 falconer 3 is nice, but so is mergen on rank 8

SR3 is going to be the strongest aoe archer build when rank8 comes out, nothing else is even going to come close

I have several archers but main an scout3 and I agree SR will be top dog, my personal preference with them is QS3 just for running shot, 99% of what you encounter is trash, just makes life easier and as an SR your crossbow is basically your sub weapon anyways so a +15 grand cross doesn’t hurt you, your skill dmg is coming from your enhanced manamana anyways. I am looking forward to mergen though for my scout 3 but it still wont touch SR3 for pure aoe destruction, retreat shot + forward shot will wreck everything.

Retreat shot doesn’t depend on the controller, i dont see any relation. You lvl up the skill? because if you try in lvl 1 you shot one monster, but in lvl 5 you shot 5 and so on, its a super powerful skill. Also concentrated fire is a great one, like a second multishot.

You still can aggro monster with your shield and can use every skill you have. Just don’t be lazy to mount your pet again. look at this vid for example

She even use cannon/shield/knee shot with no problem.

Got both skills at max ( rank 1 ), and frankly it doesn’t sync very well and found sr more a annoyance then a addition.

My pet dies instantly the moment i dismount it ( its only 120 or something ) so didn’t level it up much yet. In area’s i’m now. When you switch channel you dismount for a sec and the pet dies. Feeding has a huge delay, and most of the time the window doesn’t pop up with extensive pressing, so in mid fight mounting up again seems to be impossible as its death ( well zero everything ) or position lag just doesn’t make it work. which just makes me give up on it.

Concentrated fire is bound to the riding it’s pet, so it makes another layer of annoyance if you use kneeling shot a lot, and if you mount up kneeling shot is out the question as you dismount = death pet = whole story all over again.

I can’t for the sake of it slow walk with auto attacking for retreat shot, without it bugging out or breaking, it either cancels it or doesn’t hit it well. Without using all of these tricks the skill is fundamental broken. Specially as i can’t seem to wall walk without it aiming hte wrong way or not worth 1/5 times i do it.

I ride the pet for the extra stats + run speed to move fast with QS, but it prevents me from using my most used skills before shield + kneeling shot.

@thedojin

I think he uses controller mode, as i never see a mouse in the screen. Or i just missed it. The class just isn’t very well designed around mouse mode it seems. Just falls apart or i just plainly sak at it. The only skill that i would want rs for is retreat shot, and you have to go through lengths to even make it work. They need to remove the “must run” aspect from it so it actually starts to be interesting.

While forwards running is going to be interesting with RS i see the same issue going on in mouse mode. If you can pull the damage off its going to shine for sure. But for me personally it’s to much of a hassle.

Just pointing my experience on the matter.

Well, thats sound you had some bad times due to bugs, but i never get dismounted. Dont use kneeling, dont worth it in high level maps when you cant stay immobile. Also, dont use aa while you are using retreat shot. Just ask others qs3 rs2. Almost everyone is very happy with that (including me). High single target + aoe