Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

Zalcai on Zombies

I don’t know zombies crit rate but its probably equal to their level or somefing. You can see their critting ability before zalcai and after. Even I get crits about 1/3-1/4 of the time with 0 dex when I zalcai stuff.

Edit: Here they are in Storage The knockback is too annoying and causes my deprotects to fail quite a lot :frowning: As you can see, they no longer attack altogether like they did in the evac one :frowning: Huge nerf for me tbh since only around ~6 zombies attack per enemy now and the rest ignores them. They also still crit a hell of a lot.

You can get to 100 % crit chance considering an ideal scenario and some little dex. 0 DEX is only possible if one would invest enough into getting top end gems.

in pvp dex will always win str builds.
in pve its different.

so what items can give you crit?

3x headpiece = 27 crit ( 9 each )
2x sissel = 74 crit ( 37 each )
manamana = 35 crit + gem slot ( lvl 5 gem 22 crit ) 57 crit total
any weapon + 2x crit gems = 44 crit
max pem necklace = 14 crit

archer 2 25% crit boost = 54 crit

total: 270 crit.

Isn’t 266 crit or something the cap?

head price max crit 13-14 if i not wrong so… 39 or 42 crit

At level 280, you need roughly 666 crit rate after crit resistance for 100% crit chance.

Crit chance formula: (crit rate - crit resistance) * 42 / level

Archer has a bonus Level/5 to crit rate = 56 at level 280
Default 9 DEX for Archer = 9 crit rate
You things = 216 crit rate
Swift step is +25% of the total.

So it’d be 351 crit rate.

Assuming a crit resist of 120, we need 435 more crit rate to reach 100%

Because Swift step is a +25% to the total, we actually only need 347 more crit rate to reach 100%

1 Like

I can’t wait for the new werewolf cards.

Also,

At lvl 280 you will probably always have a chrono in party, so count an extra x1.25 bonus crit rate.

Hmm, well in that case… they would only need 222 more crit rate. (adding a SPR krivis would throw everything out the window though :wink:)

you can get 14 crit from each head piece.

satanic imc :smiley:
/20fkingcharacters

1 Like

For A2>QS3>Scout1>CAN2 how should my STR/DEX ratio be?

i’d go very high dex, classes like musket and canoneer really benefit from high dex. especially since you pvp and can get away with high dex because its good on archers
keep in mind that i’d get enough con to have at least 12k hp, (13-15k is really recommended)
but yea generally i’d go high dex for good pvp performance.

Do you think it’s a good idea to put a little on STR too? i heard here that after some point increasing DEX won’t make your character stronger.

1:1 is universally good for all builds

My A2 QS3 Falc 2 went all dex and it’s doing fine. Its easier to manage cuz all I need to focus on the rest of my gear is PATK. Monstrance into swift step into kneel gives you decent amount of patk and pretty much guaranteed crit rate.

Retired it though cuz my lat was too high for QS3 to be any good. Now Im going for a sapper 3 falc 1 build to test out the combo of circling + wire trap but Ive lost my will to play this game rofl.

Hey,
I made a lot of calculations and the result is, of course, complicated. The amount of Dex you need is based on Skill Base Dmg (Auto Attack = 0 Skill dmg), Monster Defense, Monster Crit Resistance, Weapon power, Crit Gear, Crit Attributes. I hope i have not forgotten smth. (Assuming being max level).

If these are high: Skill Base Dmg, Monster Crit Resistance, Weapon Power
you need more Dex for most Damage

If these are high: Monster Defense, Crit Gear, Crit Attributes
you need more Str for most Damage

Maybe this can help people to make up their builds. I know it is not alot of new information. I just thought of putting it together.

Greetings,
Marloss

Since rank 8 skill damage is so stupidly high (as well as transendence stats)… Its better for (almost) everyone to go for 100% crit rate

600+? @ 330? how much crit rate are we talking about here?

For lvl 330, you need about 786 crit rate to get 100% crit chance vs 0 crit resist mob. 916 if you assume up to 130 crit resist on a mob.

So you need 629 crit rate before swift step.

2x Sissel + 1x Max Petamion gives you 88.
3x lv7 Green Gem (2 mainhand, 1 offhand or 3 mainhand for bow) gives you 145 or 132 respectively.
lvl 330 gives you 75 base crit (9 dex).
Manamana gives you +35.

The above comes up to 343 (xbow), 295 (bow).

You need 286 more dex for xbow. About 225 invested into dex.
You need 334 more dex for bow. About 254 invested into dex.

how do you even make lvl 7 gems, seems impossible