[Solution] Low FPS & Graphic Glitches come here take a look

THIS IS NOT AN OVERCLOCKING GUIDE

My Laptop Spec :
Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory : 8GB
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

FPS BEFORE OPTIMIZE : 2(Town) ~ 40
FPS AFTER OPTIMZR : 35(Town) ~ 120

The ACTUAL CAUSES are this GAME didn’t optimize their CPU USAGE…
this game only run the processing in ONE core cpu …

list of i tried before :
1 - upgrade and downgrade diaplay card driver version
2 - upgrade and downgrade motherboarf chipset driver
3 - added client_tos.exe into gpu control panel and optimize display settings via nvidia control panel with full performance or full quality
4 - optimize user.xml configuration
5 - disabled steam overlay
6 - added -dx11 or dx 12 on steam luanch option
7 - repatch , redownload tos game client
8 - use razer game booster

• Please makesure you are tried 1,3, 4 before continue reading

(skip 1000 words , updated tmr)

This way i fixed this fxxk issues :

1. Download a overclock software , i recommended ThrottleStop v6.00 (don’t download beta version)
    Official DL URL : http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Utilities/ThrottleStop/

yes , i use overlock software to force my CPU core speed fixed at certain amount.

1. download & execute the software
  • this software does not support AMD , thx paulius.fu feedback

Configuration :

i set to Multiplier to 16 ( 1600 Mhz) , pls don’t set too high , it will harm your CPU , please monitor your machine temperature , if overhit please set lower abit the multiplier rate. For my cases , my CPU are 2.60GHz (2600 Mhz) per core but 1600 Mhz already can let me play a smooth game without low fps anymore.

After setting press “Turn On” to start the overclock , now back to game you will see the FPS rate burst 2 to 3 times ~ Amazing ~!!

suggest you to use CPU-Z to monitor CPU Frequency rate , if the rate run out your settings , please take some action like restart pc or adjust lower abit multiplier rate.

CPU-Z Official DL LInk : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

* MULTIPLE DO NOT SET TOO HIGH , CAUSE WILL HARM YOUR MACHINE , PLEASE AWARE

* ALWAYS MONITOR TEMPERATURE MAKESURE BELOW 65C

* MULTIPLE RATE PLS SET BELOW YOUR MACHINE CPU GHZ

(example my pc 2.5Ghz , don’t set multiple over 25 , recommanded 16x )

* STRONGLY RECOMMANDED BELOW 2.0GHZ (2000MHZ)

1. Game Settings
    Please Disabled Vertical Sync…
    (This very important , that’s why i repeat three times…)

it will help you increase 20-40 fps , this work for me

1. Please restart PC when you quit game to take a rest , maybe this only happens to me… ThrottleStop automatically busts my cpu usage to maximum if i only close/shutdown this overclock software.

Additional Information:

• Please don’t leave your screen on Login Server or Character Selection Screen , in this 2 screen would burn your all cpu and gpu usage resources… (your machine would very high temperature in short time)

• you can monitor cpu / gpu usage & temperature by MSI Afterburner + RivaTunner
    Official DL URL : https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

Hope your guys can solved this fxxk issues !!! Enjoy the Game RIGHT NOW ~~ WEWEEE HAAA !!!

This’s a way to temporary solved the problems until IMC fixed the fxxk low fps issues :smiling_imp:

welcome any technically question , i will try my best to answer your all.

** DONT BLINDLY FOLLOW THIS GUIDE , PLS GET ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCE USER

( :smile_cat: Sorry for my poor eng )

@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie

8 Likes

jumpsea84, would you marry me? :dancer::bouquet::couplekiss:

FPS now 30(towns)~80. I can play ToS!

pls dont let your machine temperature over 65c , and congrtz your can enjoy tos now !

2 Likes

The max temperature here is 66c according to techpower up. Thank you again. :birthday:

Bump. This topic should be pinned!

1 Like

Downloaded, doesn’t support AMD CPU… FML…

It’s just recomended for laptop/netbook users… but for pc :smiley:

If u don’t know what are you doing don’t do it that high :wink:
Without good cooling that can fin really bad :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

this write-up seems a bit too irresponsible and insufficient, overclocking your CPU is a serious business and shouldn’t be taken lightly, overclocking should be system specific and not a generic 1-2 step tutorial like this, i myself am using an overclocked Intel G3258 to 4GHz on the stock cooler and my fps goes up to 120 with only the integrated graphics, but the process involved in reaching that overclock is not a simple walk in the park, the validation process should also be taken seriously and warning signs and disclaimers should be all over a guide like this

flagging this thread since this can potentially damage a lot of player’s systems, it’s good that you want to help but your skipping on a lot of details for this to be acceptable

you’ll be giving IMC another headache when players come complaining about dead CPUs and broken systems because of this tutorial

DON’T BLINDLY FOLLOW THIS GUIDE

*the original post have already been revised, let this be a warning though

6 Likes

you are really TOO OVER … please reduce until a reasonable range 1.5 - 2.0 Ghz already very enough for this game … if too high really can harm your pc >.<

you can click here to reduce

really thx your advice , i will add-on more warning signal in my guide. i also not very support OVERclock , but many people use this way to DEclock their cpu to reduce cpu voltage & temperature.

thanks again your advice !!

i see, then you’re intention was declocking but that wasn’t actually clear based on your guide, but my previous statement holds true since in effect you are giving them a tool that can overclock, and i’m assuming that there are a greater number of people who thought this was an overclocking guide and actually went with overclocking their CPUs instead of declocking it which is pretty evident based on the replies

maybe it’s the english that you’re not that familiar with, i’m not saying that it’s bad, but it’s a barrier nonetheless

so let me reinforce the warning for the people reading this until you properly finish the guide

THIS IS NOT AN OVERCLOCKING GUIDE

*but it’s a mystery for me how declocking helps, because as i’ve said, i have an overclocked system with no discrete videocard yet i’m getting peak fps of 130 and an average of 55

2 Likes

i edited my post , strongly thx again your advice

Mate im overclocker** 4k Mhz is my normal speed i got coler like a fridge on cpu and gpu :blush: look on my “temp” (25 bookmarks, 2 mmo on and some radio station app)

but ty :wink:
Just only test your guide :wink: that eventualy help me for declock cpu, and use one core for game thats boost fps as hell on ToS
Game is badly optimized for gpu and multicores :sob:

1 Like

woah , your pc really too POWERFUL!!!

1 Like

it’s a typical overclock.
better to make it from bios - because to many options in this program for peoples who don’t understand how it works. and changes would work without any software.
most of motherboards have onboard overclock profiles in percents gradation. it’s best way for most.
but somebody can find it usefull.

this game optimize really very poor (same like my eng) …

don’t AFK on server selection or character selection room , cpu & gpu both usage engulf by game…

If ppl dnt know how this options work, better to stay afar from bios changing, it will be safer.

currenly play with i7 2600k 4.2Ghz still poor fps especially in front of zerg at dungeon entrance lol

in contemporary BIOS chances to any break - nearing zero. but yes, this is what I’m talking about.

If you had read the topic you would have understood this is not overclocking. It is simply setting a minimum clock for your CPUs to work with, thus avoiding the highs and downs that are responsible for the FPS drops. Are you crazy enough to pin ths post? He is very clear concerning what you should and what you should not do (and I’m talking about his warnings before he edited the post).

i set to Multiplier to 16 ( 1600 Mhz) , pls don’t set too high , it will
harm your CPU , please monitor your machine temperature , if overhit
please set lower abit the multiplier rate. For my cases , my CPU are
2.60GHz (2600 Mhz) per core but 1600 Mhz already can let me play a
smooth game without low fps anymore.

suggest you to use CPU-Z to monitor CPU Frequency rate , if the rate
run out your settings , please take some action like restart pc or
adjust lower abit multiplier rate

You just have to be stupid to follow this guide without carefully reading what the original post says.

[ ]'s

1 Like