Tree of Savior Forum

GTX 1080 Launch

anyone planning to instabuy GTX 1080 27 may?

2 Likes

I am. I just bought an Acer Predator X34 monitor with Gsync and I want a new video card to go with it it. Im currently using a 970GTX so its a pretty big upgrade and i figured id go with something shiny and new.

Meh I just bought a GTX970 along with a new rig this January, not gonna throw any more money into GPUs this year. Maybe when the numbers add up even more, heh

2 Likes

you can sell it for almost the same price, gpu price don’t go down that much. and then you can buy the almost identically priced gtx 1070 that has more power than gtx titan. i think that’s kind of a better deal.

@Scyphoza i know right, wish i got the money for it. i’m on 970 myself but it’s really hard to sell used GPU’s in Indonesia

@dew_clover lol

nah, will just buy a 970 or 980 ti depending on my budget (still stuck with my 650ti) hopefully, the prices will be much lower once the new gpus arrive :sunglasses: <–stingy as sh*t

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think this was discussed before, that the game doesn’t render the sprites using the gpu but instead uses the ram (like in this thread) because the game apparently has poor optimization

I don’t think people who’re planning to upgrade gpus will need it for this game anyway (I certainly don’t)

1 Like

i use a GTX 980m and i have 70 FPS with high seetings.
in a full Town 40 FPS

A very late reply:

I’m using a 980ti on my gaming build, and altho the max FPS is a bit higher then yours, the minimum is almost exactly the same. You won’t get better performance at all by upgrading your current card.

20-30 in a well populated town is quite good, worse specs drop to like 5-12 fps.

1 Like

The settings seemed to have little effect for me when I tried changing, I’ll do some tests.

1 Like

In Fedimian near the market manager, with high settings:
30-33 FPS when standing still. 23-29 when moving.It goes down to as low as 18-20 FPS when moving off the screen and seeing new players.

With low settings it’s giving me pretty much the same. (I restarted the game after changing settings)
I’m not sure if the settings are bugged and can’t be applied ingame, if they arent, then theres no noticable difference.

Worldbosses or dungeons might still give a noticable difference tho.

1 Like

Can we play this game without lag using a GTX 1080 or do we need to wait for a GTX 6450 Ti?

It’s better to wait for the 1080 GTX price to drop. Don’t get the 980 ti. Too many people who bought 980 ti, regretted it when the pricing came out for the 1080, which was like a small margin difference above the 980. Save up for the 1080 x3

hey thanks for the tip, I might do just that…but then my budget is till tight until maybe the holidays so…:stuck_out_tongue:

Np xD , but yeah, at this point. If you ever get the budget for a 980, just go for the new Pascal GPU. By that time, the tech should be a lot more stable. Price included