Tree of Savior Forum

Fps drop during running

i have a titan myself. well im lvl 40 now tested few ares. no change, same fps drop everywhere.

Nvdia here, 8gb ram, sabe problem… imc need fix it

Guys!!!
I have a solution!!! Fps drops cause of goldsellers spam in global chat:) block them and it would be ok!

Blocking spammers does not help. This seems to be an optimization issue.

2 GTX 970 SLI
16 GB Ram
i7 4790K 4.0 GHz

It seems to specifically apply to the game rendering other players, or at least that’s the major factor in it. For me, it always happens when it renders another player, even only one other player, and it’s most noticeable when there’s a large contingent of players in one place.

If I just stand still, I get a solid 80-140+ FPS in most places, but when other players enter the mix it drops exponentially, and the hitching happens uniquely when players are being rendered for the first time. If I’m in a cutscene or otherwise place where other players don’t render, I have no issues.

do you guys experience this problem?

Same here. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Same issue here

20 chars.

Similar problem im playing, 100+ fps everything is fine then suddenly 0 fps. 2-3 seconds frozen sometimes even goes to not responding for a second. Then it comes back.

well idc really i stoped play. im running a high end system and i really hate lags or fps drops and since i cant move 3 steps without a small freeze thats enough for me to stop play. i was so happy when bought the founder but now im just disappointed.

1 Like

Hi, everybody! Running on i7, 16gb ram, MSI GeForce GTX 970! Haven’t had same problems in other MMOs (like GuildWars 2 or whatsoever). 20-30 ppl - drops to 35-40 fps stabily, but no stutters! Open world? 50-60 fps no stutters! So playable.
Now about Tree of Savior - with VSync off I’ve got 120-130 fps with drops to 80-100 every now and then, acoompanied by heavy stutters, so the overall image looks like a slideshow. And that’s on LOWER settings with all the gloom and BitPerPixel == 16. Allmaxed I see 60fps normally and 25 fps in towns and crowded areas. In plains I have a merry-go-round of 35-60-35-60 with no particular pattern. I just have to move trough a non-crowded map to get 35 fps stutters. It is still playable, I can kill monsters respectfully easy, can enjoy the stuff but it is really freaking annoying since the game doesn’t look THAT consumable. It’s not even a AAA-looking game to give me 35fps. Other 2014-2016 MMOs give me solid 50-60 fps on all maxed out. Any way to fix the stutters? VSync doesn’t help.

nope i tryed all it dont stop. try to move a few steps then stop and watch your character. is the screen stuttering behind even you stoped walk ? i think this game has a massive lag problem and the stuttering is a position correction of the screen to the char. but thats just what i think.

Take a look. I suspect ToS has a problem with Nvidia GPUs. Not sure though.

according to this thread:
“Kashou- • 5d, 7h
The game runs like absolute dogshit anyway. I get 120+ FPS and it still lags, how does that make sense? It freezes up every 5 seconds. Turning off VSYNC and all settings make absolutely no difference.” - this guy has the same issue as I do - 120 fps and it still lags. So he got answered with “Guys it’s goldsellers spamming chat and bulking the network”

• could that be true?

To Kadyr: If it’s CPU-related, then I still don’t get it, cuz I’ve got core I7 modern CPU which handles other CPU-oriented games like GW2 (it’s CPU dependent, not GPU, yeah)…

Since IMC doesn’t bother to address this issue, we can only guess what the problem is… What I posted is what made sense until now and I was hoping to have a dialog with users and IMC. My CPU also handles GW2 relatively well btw. Many players reported that blocking gold sellers helped at some degree, but this is clearly not the real cause behind FPS drops.

I lowered my settings and disabled almost everything in user.xml - now I do have a good 120fps with almost no drops in plains. But I still get freezes every 3-5 seconds. You know like 0.1 second stutters.

Shout for while is useless, limit it for level 70-90-100+ or turn it off.
same fps bug here too.

Same thing here,i did everything in steam and user.xml.My fps is great(60-ish)it still dips in town or crowded places but its playable. but i have these 0.1sec stutters every 5 seconds.it’s crazy annoying and i cant seem to find a way to fix it.

They’ve already limited megaphones to lvl 40! I still think it’s lower, than needed, but…

Hello!

Pretty much everyone experiences this problem, even those with powerhouse units! Relentlessly tweaking your settings helps, but it won’t eliminate random stutters or grant you anything above 7fps while fighting a crowded world boss!

The game was poorly optimized in beta and it appears that the development team has yet to rectify it!

Perhaps reducing the shout spam will alleviate it to some degree, but to my knowledge, most problems seem to arise when the game tries to draw too many objects—other players and your own inventory being primary culprits. Monsters don’t seem to carry as much of a burden on draw processing, but it’s still noticeable in certain cases.

I doubt it’s an easy fix for IMC, but I was honestly expecting them to have been aggressively tackling this issue since beta. Guess it wasn’t a priority!

come here take a look maybe can help u